Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#651905 12/27/10 12:13 PM
kismet2 Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
This is how I ended my Christmas:

We come home from a lovely evening with extended family. My aunt freaked out about the cat being in my daughter's room and she kicked out the cat IN THE POURING RAIN...ON CHRISTMAS!

I was furious and went to bed seething. This totally ruined my Christmas and I haven't spoken to her since. It has caused marital problems for me because I want to move out and my husband wants to stay because my aunt willed the house to me.

She doesn't get why we care for much for the cat. She thinks I'm nuts to put an animal on the same par with humans. As I see it, some animals are far superior to some humans.

This is causing me great stress that is taking away some of my life energy. I feel that I won't live much longer. And I won't regret leaving.

Last edited by Lori-LivingSimply; 12/27/10 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
Lori,

I'm so very sorry your night was ruined and you are under such stress. You say you wont' regret leaving, but I'm sure your daughter and family would regret it.

I've lived in very stressful situations with family. Sometimes, it helps to talk to someone.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Is the cat OK?

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
kismet2 Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
She's fine, depending upon your definition of "fine." She's alive. We still sneak her in at night but during the day, she goes out the window.

The thing is that we've been having the worst rainstorms in a decade. Right now, she's sitting on the patio shelf hoping we'll let her in. frown

Bless the beasts and the children.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That's heart breaking frown

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I'll pray your situation improves! Yes, animals are so clear minded and live from their hearts. They are not negative and devious and plotting like some people.

S
Parakeet
Parakeet
S
Perhaps you and your Aunt can make a visit to a nearby shelter - if she sees the plights of so many unwanted animals it may soften her heart.

Susan Hopf
Horses and Animal Life site editor
Horses Website
Horses Forum
Animal Life Site
Lori, is your Aunt allergic to cats? If she is and does not realize it that may be the cause of her discomfort around the cat. Did she maybe have a bad experience with cats at some time in her life? I think it may be a good idea to find out why she has such an aversion to your cat. Is it possible she is jealous that you have a pet you love and she does not? Would a pet of her own help her understand how you feel about your cat?

Pondering on these questions and coming up with other possible reasons why your Aunt behaves this way to your cat may help greatly with the situation.

My mother has a very strong aversion to cats and I could never understand why. We grew up in rural areas and always had farm animals, dogs and cats around. Not long ago, my mother told me that she had one cat she absolutely loved and would sit with the cat in the afternoons, watching us kids play outside. It was her quiet time with her cat. One day the cat went berserk, climbed up all the drapes, tore them up and escaped out the kitchen door. Mom never saw the cat again. The incident frightened and confused her. She has not had a cat since because of that. She never found out why the cat went crazy and it caused her so much bewilderment and sadness. I finally understood why she "hated cats".

It is your home, you have a right to have your pet there, so a compromise needs to be reached. I feel it is important to work on this issue as a spiritual leader would: do not treat the symptoms, rather find out what is causing the problem and go from there.

I do hope all is well with you and your cat. Pets give us unconditional love. Your cat may not understand why it is being shunned, but it still loves you. Maybe if you find something your Aunt can truly love, that is hers alone and she can give it special attention, etc. , it may help her to understand the relationship between you and your cat.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Cats are very resilient animals, they will find somewhere to shelter if it is raining. Make it a shelter on the patio or in a sheltered corner.

To me animals are far above humans because as Susan Kramer said they do not plot against us or hold grudges.

You should not stress too much about the cat, even though I know it is heart breaking. I would do as Susan - Horses says and take your Aunt to see some less fortunate animals.

People like to think they are better than animals, but they are not. It is unfortunate your aunt feels like this but do not let it ruin your life. The cat will survive, God will see to that.

Peace

Linda Heywood

I had a friend that would make an X on her car windshield or completely turn the car around if a cat crossed in front of her
She thought cats were creepy and evil looking
She was really afraid of them frown

Rosie L
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.