Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Joan541 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
J
Hi, my health and wellness website is currently on Homestead, which is pretty cumbersome to use. I have two self hosted WP blogs which I like better but My health website was created about 5 years ago before I knew about WP.

Anyway, I've been having serious problems with HS lately and want to move my website. Does anybody have a recommendation on an economical and easy to use hosting platform?

Thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Have a look at weebly.com -- free

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
Elephant
Elephant
I highly recommend the service I use because they give you everything you could possibly want and more! If you built your site to have fun AND make a decent living then this is the best hosting service out there hands down. I tried many before finally making this place my home. Been there 4 years now and starting my 4th site with them next month!

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

That is a terribly spammy looking site -- all that over the top marketing BS.

How much does it cost? You have to scroll down a long long way through BS to get to

a subscription to SBI! should sell for many thousands of dollars per year. You pay less than a tenth of that... USD $299 (currency converter). And NEW... see SBI! 's recession-busting $29.99 monthly payment option.

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
Elephant
Elephant
Hey Healthy Mom

The site I recommended is not b.s. if you are interested in starting a website that makes money. It took me years of wasting my time on "free" sites to finally figure out that paying $30/month for EVERYTHING under the sun is what I needed to do to start a site that made a part time income so I could cut back on hours and spend more time at home with my son.

As a single mom and overworked trainer this was really important to me and I know lots of other women around here struggle with that too. What I make a month with my sites more than covers that measly $30/month plus the $70/month I pay over at aweber for autoresponders (totally optional) plus any other services I use for working online. It's part of running a real online business which many women struggle to do successfully.

I have used this service for 4 years now, have 2 active sites with them, one in the works, and 1 site that I shut down so I could work it into the bigger niche I'm working on now.

Most of the top self development experts as well as affiliate marketing experts recommend this service and most people who use it rave about it. If you want more info about how it works let me know and I would be happy to share it with you.

Do your research before starting over and I guarantee you'll find that this is the best option.

W
W
Hi--I am new to this forum and see that you have had Homestead as your webhost. Can you tell me if you have changed wehost? I also have Homestead and having problems but some have said it is not with them it is with PayPal or maybe my customers that have Mac computers and use Safari for their browser. They are losing their shopping cart after adding 1 item. Thanks, Sue in Wyoming Sue's Sew EZ Designs www.sewezdesigns.com

Tiger
Tiger
Hey Peter:

I do "weebly" too!!!!

LOL, I didnot realize anyone else did too smile

Originally Posted By: Peter - Wine

Have a look at weebly.com -- free

Tiger
Tiger
Now calm down my Monica (lol). Some of us don't even have one cent to our names right now. I do understand what you are saying and when I get some "cash" coming my way - I will get a site that I have to "pay" for. And you are doing an AWESOME job with your sites - we appreciate all your helpful tips on this forum. Are you calmer now? smile
Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
Hey Healthy Mom

The site I recommended is not b.s. if you are interested in starting a website that makes money. It took me years of wasting my time on "free" sites to finally figure out that paying $30/month for EVERYTHING under the sun is what I needed to do to start a site that made a part time income so I could cut back on hours and spend more time at home with my son.

As a single mom and overworked trainer this was really important to me and I know lots of other women around here struggle with that too. What I make a month with my sites more than covers that measly $30/month plus the $70/month I pay over at aweber for autoresponders (totally optional) plus any other services I use for working online. It's part of running a real online business which many women struggle to do successfully.

I have used this service for 4 years now, have 2 active sites with them, one in the works, and 1 site that I shut down so I could work it into the bigger niche I'm working on now.

Most of the top self development experts as well as affiliate marketing experts recommend this service and most people who use it rave about it. If you want more info about how it works let me know and I would be happy to share it with you.

Do your research before starting over and I guarantee you'll find that this is the best option.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Ms. M - how "internet saavy" do we need to be to use the type of site you have?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D

How much does it cost? You have to scroll down a long long way through BS to get to

a subscription to SBI! should sell for many thousands of dollars per year. You pay less than a tenth of that... USD $299 (currency converter). And NEW... see SBI! 's recession-busting $29.99 monthly payment option.

Peter it sounds like you looked at the ad page, but did you actually take a look at Monica's sites that she has produced from SBI. I think they are beautiful, very well put together and professional. I definitely understand money can be a factor, but I think what Monica has produced from SBI is awesome. Maybe their webpage is "spammy" as you say, but when selling a service/business for webhosting what web page wouldn't look like SBI's?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
Elephant
Thank D! The $29 I spend per month (I actually pay the yearly fee so I end up getting a $60 discount) is the cost of doing business. It's a write off and one that is worth it. I hate telling people how much money I make so I'm not gonna get into specifics but I got my 1099 from Google and it was for 5 figures. That is only one monetization mix I use (I work with many other affiliates). So is spending $29 a month worth it. F-yeah!

Plus my favorite part is that even a complete web design idiot like me can put together a site that support me and my son. No tech skills, no programming, just write and do what I love and it works.

BTW, my alexa site rank just went down again. It's 209,193 in the U.S. and 456,291 worldwide (top 1% of all sites on the internet). I haven't even added new content to that site since last spring!

If you don't like the ugly block by block builder you can even upload your own pages or incorporate wordpress. The tools at SBI are unbelievable but my advice is don't go over there and get a site unless you are ready to do some real work and make money gradually. If you're looking for a get rich quick thing this isn't it but it will get you where you want to go in about 6-12 months.

Tiger
Tiger
Hi Monica, the bottom line is that you are doing what you ENJOY and are good at. That is the recipe for success smile

Thank D! The $29 I spend per month (I actually pay the yearly fee so I end up getting a $60 discount) is the cost of doing business. It's a write off and one that is worth it. I hate telling people how much money I make so I'm not gonna get into specifics but I got my 1099 from Google and it was for 5 figures. That is only one monetization mix I use (I work with many other affiliates). So is spending $29 a month worth it. F-yeah!

Plus my favorite part is that even a complete web design idiot like me can put together a site that support me and my son. No tech skills, no programming, just write and do what I love and it works.

BTW, my alexa site rank just went down again. It's 209,193 in the U.S. and 456,291 worldwide (top 1% of all sites on the internet). I haven't even added new content to that site since last spring!

If you don't like the ugly block by block builder you can even upload your own pages or incorporate wordpress. The tools at SBI are unbelievable but my advice is don't go over there and get a site unless you are ready to do some real work and make money gradually. If you're looking for a get rich quick thing this isn't it but it will get you where you want to go in about 6-12 months.

Tiger
Tiger
Dianne, the bottom line is that everyone should be secure in the decision they make as far as to pay or not to pay smile Monica has done an awesome job with her sites and passing tips our way. I also respect Peter's opinion and hopefully he will come back to visit as I am dying to know if he does use Weebly or was just referring it. I don't find a lot of folks that use it. Talk later smile

Folks, try to remember that we should not take stuff personally on this forum - and I am talking to myself (lol). I do sometimes and have to step back and revisit another day. Getting better though!

Originally Posted By: Dianne W - Editor

Peter it sounds like you looked at the ad page, but did you actually take a look at Monica's sites that she has produced from SBI. I think they are beautiful, very well put together and professional. I definitely understand money can be a factor, but I think what Monica has produced from SBI is awesome. Maybe their webpage is "spammy" as you say, but when selling a service/business for webhosting what web page wouldn't look like SBI's?

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 04/21/11 12:29 PM.
Elephant
Elephant
Hey Angela, Just a quick suggestion for you. Can you please not quote every single person's comments every time you post. It makes reading the post so confusing. I get that sometimes it's cool to quote but it's not always necessary.

BTW, the main reason people freak out when you post stuff like this is because of their own self limiting beliefs. I personally couldn't care less if somebody disagrees with me. I love what I do and was recommending a service that I believe in. Ultimately people freaking out over what I recommend is their issue not mine and people are free to do or say what they like but I do appreciate comments like Diane's very much : )

My suggesting something simply because I love it doesn't mean I'm trying to convince you of anything. Only you can decide what is right for your particular situation and not everybody is financially challenged or wants to learn how to program or how to deal with Wordpress or buy a multitude of tools independently just to get their site to rank highly either. I was only offering an affordable alternative that has worked for me.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Angela,

I don't think anyone took anything personally (well until I read your comment :)). I believe it was discussion. As you know, when you write sometimes things may come across differently then intended because you can't see facial expressions or fluctations in tone, but participating in forums means that we are willing to accept that.

Peter made a comment, his opinion, his right. It was based on the company's advertisement page. I expressed my opinion on his comment and Monica expressed her's.

Monica's website is phenomenal and she was trying to help people interested in blogging by providing information and the experience she is having with a particular website. That which we are knowledgable about, we should share. It's like when we do a book review, we are reviewing a book - we didn't say it "buy-it" we are saying it's a good book.

I actually sent her information to my sister, another single mom with a son trying to find a way to support her and her son.

What I think is super cool is that the $29 a month that she makes is covered by what she actually makes on the site. Don't we all wish we could do that! IF that's what we strive for, we all need to find a way to do it in our comfort zone.

Really, it's all good.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Monica:

I just saw your suggestion and have decided I will continue to post my way, but will no longer post in your forum (Exercise) to respect your wishes. I did post once before I saw your post here in the "Web Design" site, please accept my apologies. I will also not respond to any of your posts as hard as it will be not to. I do enjoy your input, but at age 52, refuse to do things the way that others want to if it is not of something "critical"... I know you will continue to prosper in whatever you set you mind to do. I will always TREASURE the help you passed my way - thanks! Angela smile

Hey Angela, Just a quick suggestion for you. Can you please not quote every single person's comments every time you post. It makes reading the post so confusing. I get that sometimes it's cool to quote but it's not always necessary.

BTW, the main reason people freak out when you post stuff like this is because of their own self limiting beliefs. I personally couldn't care less if somebody disagrees with me. I love what I do and was recommending a service that I believe in. Ultimately people freaking out over what I recommend is their issue not mine and people are free to do or say what they like but I do appreciate comments like Diane's very much : )

My suggesting something simply because I love it doesn't mean I'm trying to convince you of anything. Only you can decide what is right for your particular situation and not everybody is financially challenged or wants to learn how to program or how to deal with Wordpress or buy a multitude of tools independently just to get their site to rank highly either. I was only offering an affordable alternative that has worked for me.

Tiger
Tiger
LOL Dianne, you are so good with dealing with "different" types of folks and situations and that is why you are in "Human Resources" smile
Originally Posted By: Dianne W - Editor
Angela,

I don't think anyone took anything personally (well until I read your comment :)). I believe it was discussion. As you know, when you write sometimes things may come across differently then intended because you can't see facial expressions or fluctations in tone, but participating in forums means that we are willing to accept that.

Peter made a comment, his opinion, his right. It was based on the company's advertisement page. I expressed my opinion on his comment and Monica expressed her's.

Monica's website is phenomenal and she was trying to help people interested in blogging by providing information and the experience she is having with a particular website. That which we are knowledgable about, we should share. It's like when we do a book review, we are reviewing a book - we didn't say it "buy-it" we are saying it's a good book.

I actually sent her information to my sister, another single mom with a son trying to find a way to support her and her son.

What I think is super cool is that the $29 a month that she makes is covered by what she actually makes on the site. Don't we all wish we could do that! IF that's what we strive for, we all need to find a way to do it in our comfort zone.

Really, it's all good.

Elephant
Elephant
Killer point Dianne. I mean seriously if you can't express yourself or deal with how others express themselves about issues (especially something this trivial) then maybe you have personal issues you need to get busy fixing.

Not everybody in this world needs to have the same friggin opinon or suggestions or get along either. How boring would this world be if we were all a bunch of Pollyanna clones!

Everything is all good all the time! I don't know why people insist otherwise grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.