Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Angela J. Shirley
LOL, I am from Jamaica West Indies and back there we use "steel drums" which are recycled drums that stuff came in - like oil to name one. It is neat how we can "recycle" stuff into musical instruments.

Angela, steel drum, aka steel pan, is my primary instrument! You can see the one I am playing in the lower left corner of my photo. This one is made on the island of Trinidad, and tuned by an excellent tuner in Los Angeles, CA.
Yes, they are made out of 55 gallon oil barrels, just like the ones used for trash cans in many parks and on many beaches. It is an amazing art, creating a musical instrument from that source, and one with such a sweet sound!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
I expected more love for the tuba. Doesn't anyone go to Oktoberfest?

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: lovely_rita
I expected more love for the tuba. Doesn't anyone go to Oktoberfest?

I do! I do! Lol! I am actually not much of a drinker, but several of my musician friends play in Oktoberfest bands, wearing leiderhosen and all! I enjoy the fun music! :-)

Prost!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Since banjo is running right behind guitar in the Favorite Instruments Poll, this week's Musician article featured Pete Seeger's book, How To Play The 5-String Banjo!
5-String Banjo - Book Review
See the power you have to shape the course of events, simply by voting?

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
This poll is ongoing, and your favorite instruments will be "instrumental" in how I choose my article topics!

So click, and let me know what you want me to let you know! :-)

Cheers!

Koala
Koala
I played both the piano and the violin and love them both. I never played any of the wind instruments but love listening to them. I just love music. I played in an orchestra for a number of years but haven't touch an instrument short of the recorder for 20-years or more. I used the recorder during home teaching my children so that they could be introduced to an instrument. Either child had an interest in playing. Both are/were ADD, if it had anything to do with it or not, had trouble learning to read music.

Koala
Koala
Tuba wasn't an instrument that came to mind, but I do love them as I do the cello.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor
I played both the piano and the violin and love them both. I never played any of the wind instruments but love listening to them. I just love music. I played in an orchestra for a number of years but haven't touch an instrument short of the recorder for 20-years or more. I used the recorder during home teaching my children so that they could be introduced to an instrument. Either child had an interest in playing. Both are/were ADD, if it had anything to do with it or not, had trouble learning to read music.
Diana, I have friends who took up playing piano and trumpet in their 70s, and were making good progress. The pianist even performs in bands now.

So it is not too late to pick an instrument back up, if you ever decide you want to. :-)

Did you vote in the Favorite Instruments poll? (see 1st and 2nd posts in this topic) I think guitar is still in the lead. You can vote for up to 4 instruments.

Do your kids like animals as much as you do?

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor
Tuba wasn't an instrument that came to mind, but I do love them as I do the cello.

I really like the sound of the cello, too.

Cheers!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My vote - Clarsach

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Sabira - Musician Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.