logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#647764 12/05/10 07:16 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
With the snow upon some parts of the world, what is your FAVORITE winter sport?

We would love to hear from you smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
4x4 - yehaw

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
we only get one?

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
LOL, no you can list more than one smile

I don't like the winter and thank goodness I am now in Florida, but will be heading back to Phenix City, Alabama soon. This will be my first time with snow since I was age 21, now 52. Yikes!!!

Why the entire winter season is one long sport for me - an Environmental Disneyland. I just have to find time to enjoy all the activities it supports.

Sledding, Skiing, Snowmobiling, Skating, Camping, and absolutely love driving in it (cars, trucks & motorcycles, but prefer 4x4)

I enjoy the sport of shoveling walks/driveways - it's major competition with neighbors as to how fast, thorough, and complete edge-to-edge. Then the penalty of being too fast and not so thorough occurs when the plow driver barricades over the driveway outlet.

-B-
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Beetle, any advice for getting my body ready to head up to Phenix City, Alabama?

With living in Florida for over 20+ years and just moving there, then leaving to take this temporary job before the winter came - I am already worrying smile

I wonder how folks live in Alaska????

'Tis all a mind set; accompanied by positive attitude & kn wing limitations/capabilties. I view a snow-covered field/forest as a definition of tranquility & to embrace my creator/spirituality requires a little extra mental & physical preparation. Although it's possible, may not see the quantities of snow that I yearn for.

Keeping the internal regulators working through a natural metabolism requires proper nourishment - warm, comfortably filling & healthy are the key words here. Dress in layers to sandwich in the insolation properties of air. Yes, Air. Goose down & poly-fill fibers establish those pockets of air that warm up with body heat & minimize any external heat transfer. Drink fluids - especially water, avoiding excessive sugars & caffeine - as the body perspires under all the clothing and can dehydrate just as tho it were 200 bazillion degrees in the desert. Wear a hat; body heat escapes in great proportions via the noggin, because that is usually the only exposed skin area.

Now that your dressed, fed & ready to trample the tundra, know the conditions & have an idea of plans for the unpredicted. Know when to call it quits dependent on your attitude & experiences to meet the conditions head-on!

I'd love to go back to my birthplace, Denver, and re-live/enjoy those activities that were day-to-day living. It was only a little over a mile, but we walked to school (just until we latched onto a passing car bumper & got towed like a waterskier). Shoveling walks was a survival issue, if you didn't want to use the streets for walkways.

You asked how do folks live in Alaska? Simple - They do just like us in the lower 48's, they convert oxygen into carbon dioxide. They breathe, but they have a larger backyard to play in & I'm jealous.

-B-
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Beetle:

Thank you SO MUCH.

I found out tonight that I will be leaving Orlando, Florida and heading back to Phenix City, Alabama next month. My boyfriend is getting impatient and wanted me back now, but I talked him to letting me stay a longer so that I can save some more money for us to get a car. The car will increase my income potential there.

So with this side, your post came just in time so that I know what type of clothing to get.

After I leave, I probably will not be back on BellaOnline for two reasons - lack of time (have to make time for him) and we do not have a home computer. The times I do make it to the library to use their computers will be used for other stuff. But what time I have left, I will continue to post and thoroughly enjoy you and Rosie in the Walking Forum's Word Association game.

I am hoping Consuelo can get something added to her forum that will catch your interest.

Well, it is now past midnight, have to get up at 6am - so let me shut down and head for those zzzz's.....

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 12/09/10 01:16 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.