Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#646296 11/30/10 12:42 AM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

Now that I need the information, I cannot remember where I saw it (lol).

My boss wrote a book 3 years ago and would now like to offer it as an e-Book.

Any advice?

Thanks smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Angela -

It's extremely easy to offer ebooks in our modern world! Does he have a website? If so, all he has to do is (assuming he wrote his book in Word) - go into Word, do File - Save As, and save it as a PDF. Now put that PDF on his website and people can download it!

Or does he want to sell it?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Lisa:

Thanks for the response, yes she wrote it and has a website

How do you control who can download it?

She wants to have revenue from this book.

Have an AWESOME day smile

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
If you're interested in selling it and don't want to have to deal with the payment process and downloads, I suggest using one of the popular ebooks sites that lets you do so for free. My recent articles, Publish your Book for Free! and Sell your Book on Amazon! will give you some introduction. If you have specific questions, feel free to post them here, and we'll try to help you out!

--Maria

Last edited by MariaRomana-DTP/eBooks Ed; 12/02/10 07:32 PM.
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Maria:

Thanks for the feedback and I will pass it along to her. Yes, if she has any other questions I will post.

Any tips for avoiding people ripping off her work?

Thanks,

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
People worry about theft of their work more than they probably should. Without a doubt, a lot of electronically available information (books, music, art) is stolen, but what I remind people to focus on is this: 1) is someone else profiting from your work, and 2) are they actually cutting into your profits?

With regard to the first one, if you find your work being sold somewhere without your consent, and it's in a country that has copyright laws (like the US), then you can usually put a stop to it quickly. If it's a country that has little regard for copyright, there's not much you can do, but that brings us to #2. Is the availability of the copied material actually cannabilizing your sales? Most often, the answer is no. For example, all of the Harry Potter books have been illegally scanned and are available to download for free, if you know where to look, yet hundreds of millions of these books have been sold. The fact is, particularly with something as inexpensive as an ebook, most people would rather just buy it legally than do the work involved to find it illegally, and those people who are downloading illegally probably don't have the money or the intention to pay for your book if they can't get it free. In other words, just because someone steals a copy of your book doesn't mean you lost a sale.

In fact, some authors have said that their work sold better after being pirated, because readers discovered their work illegally, enjoyed it, and then spread the word about how good it was!

Hmm, this is turning into an essay. I think I feel another article coming on... smile.

--Maria

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks Maria!

Moderated by  Laura - DTP/Ebooks 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.