D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi Amy,
I was reading some of the articles on your site and ran across the one on Anne Frank. I'm sorry I had missed it previously. We were at my son's back to school night and his teacher said they would be spending a lot of time on Anne Frank this year.

It's a very interesting story, why do you think that they spend so much discussing it?

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 09/26/10 12:03 AM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Dianne,

I am very sorry about the late reply. I have been having problems accessing the forums.

Anne frank is such an interesting story, I think they spend so much time to reveal this to us because it gives us an insight into how she spent her everyday life, which is especially interesting as she was such a young girl. The facts that we have from this war usually come from pictures or documents, and rarely would we find a day to day diary entry from a young person who can describe her feelings and what was going on around her and how she dealt with it.

It is also interesting because it is such a sad story, that in the end, she thought none of her family were alive and gave up on trying to sustain her life when she thought she had nothing to live for. But in reality, she still had her father.

Thank you.

Amy.

Amy Packham
Quotations
#644014 11/21/10 08:51 AM
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
I had a friend one time many years ago who was a professor at Portland State University who knew Anne as a child. This friend, a lady, had one parent that was Jewish. Somehow the subject of lineage never came up with this lady as everyone believed that she was just German so she avioded detection. She said that Anne was one of the most lively and brightest people that she had ever known. Very optimistic, so her accounts in her diary were not surprising to my friend. There was an article done about this lady in the Oregonian Newspaper in Portland Oregon years ago. It was very informative and even gave details of what really happened to many Jewish people that even much historical documentation did not disclose. Yes it truly was sad but little Anne Frank has been an inspiration to many as even hidden in that upstairs room from the Nazi's she talked about the goodness and love in people. Its a beautiful story!!!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you for sharing. I do believe that Anne Frank has provided us with a beautiful and inspiring account which has touched many. It is amazing how she was able to document her life through such a hard time.

Amy Packham
Quotations

Moderated by  Beth - Quotations Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.