Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Today is Veteran's Day, a day to thank each person who has served this Country for our freedom and our very lives. If not for their sacrifices, what language would I be typing in? If not for their dedication, would it have been safe for us to have our daughter's wedding this past Saturday?

We just returned from our Veteran's Day Parade and the turnout was great. I was so proud that so many took an hour of their morning to honor those who have given so much. We also attended the dedication of the new Veteran's Memorial Park 2 blocks from our house. Phase I is a circle with a flag pole in the center. Behind, in an arch are 5 stuccoed walls, featuring a large color photo collage. One each for the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard. Behind each wall is the service flag.

As we walked over to the park, we said good morning to a gentleman in a bright red blazer and his wife. I noticed the Purple Hear with a star on the ribbon. (that means he received 2 Purple Hearts) I lead the call to "Make a Hole" so he could get to his special seat. It was both a blessing and an honor to assist this hero for only a minute or two.

A truly heartfelt THANK YOU to all who have served on this special day!

Last edited by lcp012586; 11/11/10 03:26 PM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
lcp, this is a wonderful tribute and heart-warming salute to our Veterans who put themselves in harm's way to protect our freedoms and rights, and our country - and, as you say, our very lives.

Blessings and sincere gratitude to all who have served. You are our honored and respected noble warriors.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 11/11/10 03:35 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
When I go to a powwow, I am always very impressed with the way veterans are honored. It makes my heart beat like a drum and swell with love and pride for our veterans.

lcp, thank you again for starting this thread to honor our veterans.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
I hope I speak for many other veterans.

I am very humbled by the abundancy of honors received in various forms from the diverse citizens of this country.
I entered the military for personal reasons. I wanted to fly and coming from a limited economic family of 4 siblings (I as the oldest & pathfinder) had to be creative in attaining that dream. Self-funding/loans/scholarships for a college degree led to commissioning leading to flight school. All this combined with my citizenship education and background of being an Eagle Scout and pride in being a US Citizen, with the given rights and freedom. With these come the responsibilities of upholding and supporting them.
I found that military service would provide for both my desires and responsibility; plus fuel my self-centered, egotistcal attitude...

Thanks to all for letting me preserve your freedoms while I chased my dreams. I'll close with a couple thoughts:

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
� Leonardo da Vinci

Last edited by Beetlemess; 11/12/10 02:45 PM.

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
Beetle, your beautiful words and tribute to all military personnel is breath-taking, awesome, heart-warming. I believe we can never thank our military people enough for what they have done for us.

Thank you, dear friend, for serving our country and for keeping us safe, for being there to protect our freedom, for the pride you give us in people like you who have put themselves in harm's way for our protection.

I love the quote by Leonardo da vinci. Thank you for sharing that.

Hugs and blessings to you.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Tiger
Tiger
fishBeetle, I just saw this post. THANK YOU!!!

My boyfriend's son is overseas (Air Force) and I so appreciate what BOTH veterans and active duty are doing for US.

Originally Posted By: Beetlemess
I hope I speak for many other veterans.

I am very humbled by the abundancy of honors received in various forms from the diverse citizens of this country.
I entered the military for personal reasons. I wanted to fly and coming from a limited economic family of 4 siblings (I as the oldest & pathfinder) had to be creative in attaining that dream. Self-funding/loans/scholarships for a college degree led to commissioning leading to flight school. All this combined with my citizenship education and background of being an Eagle Scout and pride in being a US Citizen, with the given rights and freedom. With these come the responsibilities of upholding and supporting them.
I found that military service would provide for both my desires and responsibility; plus fuel my self-centered, egotistcal attitude...

Thanks to all for letting me preserve your freedoms while I chased my dreams. I'll close with a couple thoughts:

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
� Leonardo da Vinci

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.