Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#641449 11/10/10 12:12 AM
K
Kalyani Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi, I am 1 month pregnant (29 years old) and my doctor asked for few tests to be done, one of them being the TSH test. I am diagnosed with thyroid and she prescribed me thyronorm 100mcg. My concerns are: 1. I was asked to take TSH test which showed 17.22. But as i read on net i understand that for thyroid there are total 3 tests. Is TSH test not sufficient? do i need to go for any other tests? I have already started with the dose (today being second day) 2. Is the high dose of thyronorm 100mcg safe during pregnancy? will it harm my baby? 4. Is the thyroid problem due to pregnancy and temporary? as again i understand what i read - in 1st trimester the thyroid hormone level decreases and in the 2nd and 3rd trimester is again normal. Is this true? 3. Will taking such a high dose later create hyperthyroidism? I as such never had any problems before or any severe symptoms of thyroid. Since the day I have diagnosed with thyroid I am not getting proper sleep and is worried a lot. I would request for an expert advice on this. Please help. Advance thanks. Please note I am in Delhi (India)

Last edited by Kalyani; 11/10/10 12:14 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
F
Hi. We have new filters at home that won't let me access bellaonline. So you may not hear from me again.
I hope you are seeing a good reproductive endocrinologist.
You need a FULL thyroid panel. Always, not just TSH. That means getting the t3 and T4 hormones tested too. (Sometimes you may be able to get away with the T3.) These should be tested in the free form, i.e. FT3 and FT4.

It is critical to get adequate supplementation, especially during pregnancy.

I urge you, if you haven't yet, to check out Mary Shomon, her website as book Living Well with Hypothyroidism. Another good book is the Shameses' book Thyroid Power.

If you are hypothyroid during your pregnancy it is really important to take a thyroid supplement as otherwise your baby may be hypothyroid from birth (or so I am told by a doctor I trust). I far prefer a natural form of thyroid (porcine thyroid) to the synthetic drug and am recommending that to my family.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.