Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#639155 10/29/10 09:09 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I recently watched the new movie from the king of twists who directed films such as 'The Village', 'The Sixth Sense' and 'Signs'. His new film is about five people trapped in an elevator on the 20th floor with the Devil - it was quite a creepy movie for a PG13 - has anyone seen it, what did you think?

Here's what I thought:
DEVIL Movie Review

Last edited by Horror_Movies_Editor; 10/29/10 09:11 AM.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
I haven't seen this one yet but it is on my zip list. I've never seen a horror movie in an elevator before so that alone has my attention.

M o e #659864 02/01/11 11:35 AM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I had not heard about it either, but I remember seeing the cover at the video store. I know what I will be watching this weekend!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Let me correct, I rented it from the $1 video store about to watch it now....

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Amoeba
Amoeba
Has anyone seen The Rite? I was interested because of Hopkins and the implied content, but after reading a synopsis of the book it's based on, I'm afraid it will be just a bunch of stereotypical scenes.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Jem626, no I have not heard of that. I'll check it out. I just finished Devil. I watched it with my 14 year old son. It was a pretty good movie. Amazing twists.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
No, I haven't seen 'The Rite' yet either. I actuallu know nothing about it, what's it about Jem?

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
It definitely wasn't what I expected, but that is a good thing. I actually liked the message at the end...

Kim Ringler

Amoeba
Amoeba
Sorry to take so long to reply. Despite what the trailers look like, The Rite is based on a journalistic book that followed a seminary student through the course the Vatican gives on exorcism - when, why, how, etc. The two main characters are reportedly still alive and the course is still given by one of them at least annually. That's all I know; haven't read the book or seen the movie.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I saw the trailer for "The Rite" and immedietly decided I wasn't going to see it when I saw they were yet again giving Cats a bad name LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Nope, not yet. I'll be sure to..in an elevator hu, Yikes.

N
N
I just watched Devil onDemand. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. I thought it was a great movie. I don't know how to give the reasons without giving spoilers.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
The Devil was a good movie - very tense.

I saw the Rite in the end, reviewed it too. It was okay - a bit slow and not very horrifying - more of a thriller I thought.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
K
K
Sorry i haven't seen this movie yet...but i saw the trailer of this movie that was really looking very nice and awesome.

Last edited by kevin smith; 06/30/11 06:20 AM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
OH HO, one I have NOT seen Stephen, well done, will get back to you on this one!

Thanks for not spoiling it NewPerson. I prefer not to read reviews until I have seen it for myself, then if I don't like it I will say, but if I do... I will rave for weeks about it to anyone who will listen.

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, Linda, it's quite a good movie. More tense and thriller esque than anything.

BTW It's Steven LOL, I was given a surname as a first name haha - not that it matters that much, but just so you know smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Cool Steven, thanks for the review - I'll give it a watch!

Carnage candy?? HA HA HA!!!! Yeah, I'm no much into those.

And I've never heard of this movie!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Aw, I was hoping Netflix would have it to watch instantly... nope, had to add it to my DVD queue. So I'll get to watch it... just not right this moment LOL!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
No, I'm not into gore. I like a lot of films which happen to contain one or two gory scenes, but I'm not into a horror film where that's all it is LOL. The Saw franchise went way over the top with their gore scenes. It takes away from any fear and just makes you go yuk LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Steven, I have been typing Stephen all this time!? And you know I can see your name there clear as day STEVEN!

I am sorry! It is because my friend's name is Stephen! I am sure I must have spelled it right ONCE! NO?

Anyway Steven, just popped by to find out the name of this film, not really hard to remember, but if I can't get ya name right, how am I supposed to remember one word... DEVIL!???

Will let you know what I think of course, Steven! x sowwy!

Linda Heywood

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
GRRR, didn't notice the picture on the first post in this thread, it was only when I looked at the film description that I realised I have seen this film!

I agree the elevator should have been glass for all the world to see, that would have been well spooky!

But you know I might just take another peak, 'cos I really can't remember how it ended!

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
LOL - don't worry Linda - I have family members still send me crds with the other spelling. Ah! I just remembered a dream I had last night LOL, odd when that happens. Yeah, I thought they could've made the whole elevator theme creepier. That scene from 'The towering inferno' with the glass elevator was SO scary. That whole film was scary actually - but I can't stand heights LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Just watched the end of it. If the devil is real, then God must be real too.

I had forgotten the ending totally. I wonder why 333 was the number of the building? Only half a devil? One of the lesser afrits?

Towering Inferno, now that was a scary film. Only because it could, and has happened! I don't mind heights, I just can't stand other people standing near an edge! I always think they are gonna fall! Makes me feel sick!

I wrote I have a friend called Stephen, it is actually my brother! LOL Steven I think I am going insane!!

Okay did I miss what the dream was, gone over my head, or didn't you say.. madness night LOL

Great review Steven!

Linda Heywood

I thought Devil was an awesome movie. I love horror flicks, and that old lady was creepy as hell with her eyes blacked out! I don't like elevators anyway, and it gave me one more reason to like them even less...

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I LOVE Towering Inferno. That is one film I can watch over and over again.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I've seen Towering Inferno SO many times - it's a really sad film, but it's brilliant. I hate the scene where the girl can't breathe and she's trying to stop the smoke getting in, and in the end she jumps out the window - that was sad. And the lady in the lift (I hate elevators too) so I can't stand anything like that - especially glass ones on the outside of buildings LOL. And when they all have to go across on that tiny chair thousands of miles up - agh - I think I'd pass out haha.

So many superb actors in that movie.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Originally Posted By: Linda - Islam
I wonder why 333 was the number of the building? Only half a devil? One of the lesser afrits?

I haven't seen the movie (too frightening!) But just a thought about the building number 333. The number 3 represents the Holy Trinity (The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost). Perhaps the screenwriter wanted to send a powerful symbolic message of how the devil invaded and took possession of what was holy?

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Steven, I agree - many, many superb actors. I fell in love with Steve McQueen in that movie. I've always been a Fred Astaire fan. Even the Brady bunch kid was pretty good. I have a copy on DVD and I watch it often...unlike this film Sanctum that I've re-started now for the 4th time because I just can't get into it.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, the Brady Bunch movie was really funny. I love so many of the older 50's movies too.

I think the 333 in Devil stood for the fact the director was going to do 3 movies all about the devil - this was the first one, and yeah it could also have represented the Holy Trinity.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I've seen in shows on the paranormal where when there's a home with demonic activity, 3:33 am is a common time for the activity to occur - it's supposed to be like a slap in the face to the Divine, I think.

Last edited by DeannaDreams/Spirituality; 07/18/11 07:34 PM.

Deanna Joseph

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Yes, that's what I thought, too, Deanna. A way to mock the divine.

Gecko
Gecko
I loved the movie. The suspense was really nice.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: DeannaDreams/Spirituality
I've seen in shows on the paranormal where when there's a home with demonic activity, 3:33 am is a common time for the activity to occur - it's supposed to be like a slap in the face to the Divine, I think.

Oh yes, I just remembered - apparently 3AM is the time of the Devil because it's the opposite of 3PM which has some strong relevance to God. Was it when Jesus rose again? I can't remember, though I know it was explained.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Gecko
Gecko
Yes that's the reason even I've heard. It is shown in The Exorcism of Emily Rose that 3am is the time of the devil.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Well, Netflix is not yet streaming this movie! I'm so excited to see it!

Deanna Joseph

Tiger
Tiger
Finally saw the Devil. Both my husband and I thought it was well done. I would probably watch it again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.