logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Hey ladies, it's that time! Time to go sign up for National Novel Writing Month!

If you want to be my writing buddy, here is my link. My profile is under my maiden name.

Link to Jeanette's page

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
YIKES -- Guess I'll have to get signed up and try to budget time to it smile

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
YAY Jeanette! I signed up for this! And friended you - as you can probably tell LOL!

So, the goal is only 50,000? For some reason I was thinking a novel was around 85,000.

Another novel I'm working on is at about 35,000. I'm much closer than I think LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Oh my goodness! I haven't thought about that URL in a few years. I'm going there to sign up now.

Thanks for posting and fortunate that I happened to see it on most recent posts coming in.

Beverly Elrod
May all your thoughts be CRAFTY ones!

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Writing buddy? Is that someone who jabs ya in the ribs and says "WRITE!!!!"?

That's what I need sometimes. I'd love to get back to writing my novels as well as some of my other writings. I just don't seem to find the time but I sure manage to find time to farm in Facebook. Hmmmmm Me thinks I need to get some prioritizing done.

Beverly Elrod

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Ok, I signed up but I couldn't find any info other than the word count and that it's through the month of November. I'm assumbing that people are smart enough to already be starting??

Is there somewhere online where we're supposed to be doing this? I didn't see any info about where to do what with it when finished.

Beverly Elrod

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

Gecko
Gecko
I won't start until Nov 2, the day after my class ends LOL. I have a major research paper between now and then to get accomplished.

Gecko
Gecko
I've decided what to write about and need to try to sneak in a little research before Nov. 2 (my start date). Now, to try to come up with at least pieces of scenes to write LOL

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Beverly-Crochet Editor
Ok, I signed up but I couldn't find any info other than the word count and that it's through the month of November. I'm assumbing that people are smart enough to already be starting??

Is there somewhere online where we're supposed to be doing this? I didn't see any info about where to do what with it when finished.

Hi Beverly, I'm not terribly familiar with the website yet. I haven't started writing - I'll start that part on November 1. I have been working on an outline though, and doing some research.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Gecko
Gecko
Here's my "author" link:
Sara

I've started and did do good the first two days... last night I had a long distance phone call that went on through the early morning hours, I'm sleepy and tired. But I will make up my word count today. Good luck everyone and dont give up. mahunter (on NANO site as hunterwriter - make me your buddy - just mention Bella)

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Everyone, I'm off to a slow start. I'm back to homeschooling my daughter, so my plan today is to organize my schedule to give myself the time I'd like laugh

I started yesterday, but was suddenly so tired tired No creative juices... Got LOTS of ideas today though and am EXCITED about starting again! laugh

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
I did finally get STARTED!!! But, then I had to think as to whether this is actually the direction that I want my story to go and I've had to rethink the story line. Still not sure.

But, here's where I can be found. Please be my buddy!
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Beverly Elrod

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

Gecko
Gecko
Beverly, you have to use the little link thingy in the full reply screen LOL - it gave us a dirty message smile I'm sara1955 or user 658007.

Mine is slow going since I decided to write historically, so I'm verifying a few facts as I go (plus playing games, cleaning, working on a schedule for my transfer LOL)

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
I don't know how to use the link thingy; since I didn't do last years NaNoWriMo. Can you talk me through it?

Beverly Elrod

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I had every intention of participating, then open enrollment happened for one of my clients at work and with the new health care reform stuff, it has been mad at work. This past weekend was my first full weekend off since September. I cleaned this weekend, finished 2 crochet projects and I did nothing else lol So I think this year is going to have to be my bye year lol How is everyone else doing??

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
This is my first year too. I am at a little over 31,000.
I have decided not to go absolutely crazy with it my first year out. You read tales of people spending hours a day ignoring their family and other obligations for the month.
I spend about 1 1/2 hours a day and manage about 1600-2000 words and there are a couple of days that I did not write at all or only managed about 500. I'm having fun though and I'm glad I did it. I am hoping to make something of the finish product.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I have really stalled out on this :P But I'm not beating myself up about it. I've been able to write for both my sites, get my personal website updated and fresh looking, and I did actually start two different story lines {just because two popped into my head}.

I WILL get time to work on one today though,and I'm very excited!

Dianne, that is so cool you are at 31,000~! Congrats girl! You rock!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Well, you really want to have a good laugh? I not only lost part of what I was writing, I changed to another book, ONLY to find that NaNoWriMo is for NOVELS. Here, I was writing my crochet book that I'd been setting on the back burner for years.

Bit. I did, at least, find another one that I'd started and I'm going to see what I can do to write as much as I can anyway. I know were're in the last of the month and I'm pretty sure that I won't get it done (especially with a sprained wrist), but I'm still going to give it my best shot.

And, somehow I ended up missing out on writing an aritcle for crochet last week. So, this week, I'm going to work on getting a few articles ahead. I'm also busy with my tatting blog (designing patterns, tatting bonnets, etc) and posting them.

I'm busier now than when I was driving a semi and working 16 hr days. And, this is retirement. LOL

Beverly Elrod

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BTW Deanna, I was thinking about getting one of those balls that you hold in your photo. I was thinking that it would be something relaxing. The question is...are there strings on it or a 'trick' to working it?

Beverly Elrod

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Beverly, that is still very exciting! You started a book! A book!!!! Who cares if it's not a novel LOL!

Yeah, I started two books too LOL! So, instead of not writing one novel this month, I'll not write two HA HA HA!!!

I decided to focus more on my site too... the novel writing comes when it comes, but I've got three potential ebooks on my Inspiration site already, and one on my dreams site. I'm thinking I want to give those some energy too.

And the ball? Very relaxing, and no strings attached wink

Last edited by Dreams/Inspiration Editor; 11/18/10 01:57 PM.

Deanna Joseph

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Wow, Deanna congrats on the e-books! That's so exciting.
I just posted in another forum that after Nano is over, I am going to HAVE to get back on the ball with my article writing and getting started on e-books.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
I am doing quite well writing my NANO Novel, surprisingly. I am at 32,172 words and I already know what ending I am striving towards; which was my main problem last year. I could not figure out an ending and it is nearly impossible to move a story along without an ending in mind. My opinion only. During the Thanksgiving week is when I expect things to get stressful for me. :-)

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Congrat Manhunter! That is so awesome! I do agree - I feel like I don't have as much momentum when I don't have an end in mind.

Deanna Joseph

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Awesome job manhunter!!!! Now I am the opposite of you. I normally know how I want it to end by the time I have chapter 3 or 4 in progress. For me it is easier to write the inards if I know the end

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Mahunter... great accomplishment.

I am at 39,294 typing furiously because I would love to finish up before Thanksgiving. I know next week will be extremely hectic. Even if I never do this again. I want to say I succeeded on my first time out.

Then I will be able to move on to my e-books guilt free!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I am getting there. I really want to "finish up" in the next couple of days. I wiil be out of town starting on Wedsnesday with limited Internet access.

I am currently at 45,327. Less then 5000 to go, but I have to head to Bible Study now. Perhaps I can get another couple of thousand done tonight.

Has any one heard of National Novel Editing Month? I just checked out the website.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I have heard of it but did not participate. I have several NaNo friends who have taken part and felt it was worth their while.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Today is Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 5:08 pm and I am FINISHED!!!!
51026 words. YEAH BABY!!!!

Let's celebrate. First time out and I am done. whew...
grin

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jeanette - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.