Sometimes things happen that are so profound it can make one reel and spin like a top.

I was sitting here writing an article on "spirit animals (totems)" and there was a knock on my door. This startled me because it was after 11PM. I went and peeked out the peep hole and my grandson was out there. I opened the door and let him in. He looked frightened. He was home alone (he is 13) while his mom went to pick up her fiance from work. That only takes about 30 minutes at the most and he is fine at home with the dog for protection and the doors locked. Yet this is the first time he has stayed home alone at night. He thought he would be ok.

Anyway, Grandson said he was playing his video game and all of a sudden he felt as if he was being watched. He left his apartment and ran over here. We had only about 10 minutes to talk about how he felt because I called his mom and she was on the way home.

I reminded Grandson about his totem and how he can call upon it for protection and comfort. This calmed him down considerably. He was right to leave and come here. His parents came and picked him up and he and his mom waited in the car while dad ran up and checked out the apartment. All is safe.

It was just one of those things that came together so fast. Grandson felt much better after I talked with him about how his totem is always with him. I showed him the article I was working on and showed him a picture of his totem and the powers it has to guide and protect him.

Wow! what an awesome few moments that was. It is as if his totem sent him here safely to calm him down and know he is safe.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 09/25/10 02:55 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain