logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#541158 08/04/09 01:32 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
My 11 year old grandson just tested for and passed for his purple belt! (that is the third belt up). I am so pround I am sprouting feathers!!! He is taking instructions for self defense - his instructors teach the complete art of TAI and grandson is doing very well under their teaching.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 08/04/09 01:33 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Phyills- congrats on your grandson getting his purple belt. What style of martial art is TAI? BB Ian

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
OP Offline
TAI (actually T.A.I.) stands for Transitional Arts Inc.
They teach Kenpo, Jujitsu, Newaza, Kung Fu, Boxing and Escrima. Their theory for combining all these arts is so one can switch quickly from one form of defense to another when needed - thereby keeping an element of surprise against their opponent. Also, if finding themselves in a tight spot and unable do the kicks, etc., they have ways to get out of it easily.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 09/23/10 02:25 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Sounds very challenging. My friend Mark Lutman who teaches the Ninjutsu group I belong to has black belts or above in Karate, Judo and Jujitsu. It really helps add depth to his teaching methods.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
OP Offline
I bet it does. Knowing more than one form of the arts is very beneficial. My grandson's instructor's also throw in some "street fighting" techniques which can be useful if needed.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
my cousins son is 10 years old and won a gold medal in mexico last year in tae-kwondo karate, in the same family we hava a european kick boxing champion who fights in cages and mixed martial arts he is 26 yrs old and is a lightheavyweight.

#660544 02/04/11 12:54 AM
C
Shark
Shark
C
Congratulations to your grandson Phyllis! It's always a wonderful thing to hear people, especially younger people such as your grandsom, continue and progress in the arts. They are our future and who will carry Martial Arts to the next level.

I've heard of similar systems to your TAI. It's becoming more and more popular to see the mixes in styles for the very reasons you're stating: ability to change up tactics and keep the opponent guessing. I often wonder if this is not a bit of history repeating itself as there was a lot of "mixing" of systems way, way back when which ended up with the major systems we see today. Just like living creatures, the systems that will survive to the next generation are those that can adapt to the changing times.

- Sifu Caroline
Martial Arts

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.