Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#630065 09/18/10 03:47 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I have used Tarot Cards - mainly the Mythic and Ryder Wait - in spellcraft with great success. However I have seen several books lately warning people away from doing this directly and indirectly. Usually it comes across to me that the authors are afraid of magick per se rather than any personal experience, or they don't think through what they actually want to accomplish. How do you feel about it and what have been your results if you use Tarot in magick?

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
Koala
Koala
F
I have tarot of the dead cards.

Flower
flower70 #630132 09/18/10 12:36 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Looks like quite a fun pack, useful for ancestral assistance perhaps? The pack per se isn't important, it's the energy it evokes combined with the impression it makes in your mind that powers the spell.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I recently got the Crow's Magic Tarot. Now normally I love my Gilded Tarot or my Druidcraft Tarot. But WOW, I used the new one today, and I really enjoyed it. It has such a different energy.

It's funny when you use a deck and get such a different feel from the cards.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

F
Koala
Koala
F
The energy in my cards, is amazing. My sister gave them to me.

Flower
flower70 #633007 09/27/10 06:06 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Flower, I just went and check out the Tarot of the Dead cards - WOW - they are cool. To me they look like they'd be hard to work with - that's so cool you have such a strong connection.

I would REALLY love to get my hands on RJ Stewart's Dream Power tarot. But I think that's out of print. Maybe I'll have to check ebay - but last time I looked someone was selling a deck for like 80 bucks. Oy - a little out of my budget at the moment LOL.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I think people are fearful of the Tarot per se because of its' image in films and on the TV. When I did my overview of Paganism for the Multifaith group at work I took my Ryder-Wait pack along. Several people since have told me that my explanation of the Tarot as a multi- faceted tool helped them overcome their fear of it.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
S
S
People fear the unknown or unknowable...and like Ninja said above they see Tarot associated with little hunched old lady's in a dark room muttering spell and cursing people...predicting a future of horrible things... Which is soo sooo very far from reality. Us lucky folks know the fun, the joy and the healing... that can come from a great card reading... As for the use of Magic with Cards I see nothing wrong or worrisome about it. Tarot cards are an extension of ourselves...we (in the begining ...with new decks)...consecrate and give our energy to each of our cards... So in essence when we do majic with the Tarot we are tapping into card warehouse of our own energies... (mind you this is not negating the energy the cards take on eventually as their own personality....) Shale

#640881 11/07/10 03:43 PM
Gecko
Gecko
I just use Tarot for readings - have been doing a lot for a friend lately and predicted her new job and life in South Carolina.

Perhaps I should start paying attention to the other things they can be used for.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Try simple layouts of 3 cards to start off with. Then you can see which packs, and which cards in the pack, work best for the outcomes you want.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.