Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well, the only five year goals i passed are the amazon one (a minor thing) and the living in one place one (a big one). And I do donate some time to animal charities. Everything else is a no-show.

That is okay though - i need to rework these.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly -

These goals are five year goals and it's only been two years smile You shouldn't be disappointed about not reaching more than 2 of them! smile You should be thrilled that you hit two of them already!!

It is definitely fine to rework the rest to fit in with your new wonderful life - that's what long term goals are there for! Celebrate your victories, and retune your life!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
And Jilly, I've seen through your various threads how you ARE working toward those five year goals!

You seem to be really focused, and you are inspiring other people around you to get inspired and focused on their goals too!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you for saying so, deanna. I really want to make my life happy and fun and peaceful. I know i have a long way to go, but keeping accountable this way is helping.

Lisa, true, the living in one place one is HUGE for me. So that is very much worth celebrating.

The Amazon thing is so minor it's not really worth mentioning, but since it's very quantifiable I like to use it. It makes me feel good to see such easy cause and effect. I post reviews, the rank gets better. If only everything in life were so simple to see rewards from!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I have been donating time to animal charities and have also been donating a TON of time to helping my town thrive, using my skill set, so I feel good in the charity aspect.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Close friendships with people who are proximal to me is still important. I am still very much alone most of the time. I have friends but no CLOSE friends - no buddies to pal around with. Everyone has families that are their first concern.

Makes me miss what I had in my teen years and in college - people who were playmates.

I am not sure how to fix this except to allow for time to pass. Close friends don't just happen. Even if i started a club or something it would take time for closeness.

I do have an idea for a club of women business owners and even a list of people i want to invite. But this is not as important right now as other things I am working on.

I guess i can feel safe to say i would like to have close friends who i meet with weekly within five years?

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
As far as the hiking, camping and outdoor adventure goals, I need to plan this a whole lot better. Again, I need playmates. I don't mind hiking alone, but i like to have company driving to trailheads. I like to plan things with people so that they actually happen.

So i do need some ideas on this part. This isn't exactly a hiking sort of town. the hiking towns of flagstaff and sedona are a bit of a drive and so are not really spur of the moment places.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
The amazon ranking thing is sooooo cool! I don't remember where I started out - 8 million maybe LOL!! I should go back and check - it was cool when they changed the way they count reviews - my ranking shot up!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
We have some local meet-ups that have done pretty well.

I met my two best girlfriends in my homeschooling group.

I met two of my best metaphysical friends through a metaphysical meet-up.

I think the meet-up groups do work pretty good, you just have to be regular about attending.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes definitely friends take time to build so that is a wonderful long term plan, and it is OK that it will take a little while to happen. I think they will build naturally as you go about your other activities, interacting with people in town. Especially with the fantastic social networking sites you run!

For hiking, many areas have an "outdoors club" type of organization that helps members with those types of match-ups. I would have to guess there are some in the larger towns near you.

So for example I just google searched for Sedona Hiking Group and found this -

Sedona Hiking Group

Join up with the group and see if there's a hike you could join in on!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.