#625780 09/07/10 07:27 AM
I
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I
My home computer and my laptop are coming up with the message that my mail box is full. This has never happened before on the home computer, so I reckon it is something to do with my brand new laptop which I bought very recently to work with when I am working away from home. I have contacted my ISP provider for advice on how to clear the mail box, as there is actually not that much in it, but so far am getting nowhere. Does anybody have any ideas or advice?

Isabel Hood
Mexican Food
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hi Isabel,

It does sound like you have run out of space on your mail account. Each ISP does have a limit on the amount of mail they will store for you.

You stated that you don't have a lot of mail but attachments in email messages also count towards space usage.

I had a maila account that only had 10MB of space - all it took was a couple of emails with attachments and I was out of space!

If you need to keep all you email that is in you account then I suggest using a mail client on your machine (if you are not already) which will allow you to download you email to your computer. Once the email is downloaded then it can be deleted off of the ISP which will free up space in your account.

Let me know if you need any additional information or help.

I
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I
Many thanks for the advice. I have bitten the bullet and started off by totally emptying my sent items folder - there were over 2000 e-mails in it, many with attachments - so I will see what happens now, and whether the mail box full warning comes up again.

Isabel Hood
Mexican Food
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I lot of people do forget about the sent folder and how much mail can accumulate in the folder.

I do keep most of my sent mail as I like having the records (a lot of my communication is via email). In the future you may be able to just delete the attachments out of the email if you want to keep the message.

Moderated by  Allison_PCAdvice 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.