Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just published this Going the Distance movie review that discusses how the long distance couple in this romcom bridges their gap in miles by using the internet and cell technology to stay close to each other.

Do you have a long distance relationship? Do you IM, text, Twitter or video cam your loved ones?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
My husband and I don't have a long distance relationship, but we work opposite work schedules. He works Tue-Sat from 6pm - ~3am. I work Mon-Fri 8:30 - ~5:30. So, he's leaving for work when I leave work and gets home when I'm asleep. I leave for work when he's asleep. (We each usually wake up enough to say "I love you") We keep our relationship going with IM and txt messages.

Julie

Tiger
Tiger
fishI am in a long distance relationship until I return back home in December to hopefully a job. We keep "close" by NIGHTLY phone calls due to us not having a computer at home. I am using my daughter's laptop while I stay with her while working a temporary part-time job. I still MISS both him and our dog (Jeremiah, 5 year old Jack Russell Terrier) - but I would literally die if I could not HEAR his voice before going to sleep each night. Great post!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Any time I travel I Skype with Bob at night and sometimes in the morning too. Our phones currently don't have texting enabled but hopefully soon we will both have phones so we can text each other.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Since Dan and i live many months apart from each other, we do a lot of IMing and emailing. We send photos to each other's phones and have our cell calls most days a week, even if it's just to say, "goodnight, i love you." Sometimes we skype, but skype for me is less convenient. I like to take a walk when i talk. smile

We don't see each other on social media b/c I prefer Facebook and he uses Twitter. We never use vid cam because i've never used it yet. maybe later. smile

he has not learned the ways of the text yet... I will have to start with him slowly. Get him hooked on it like me!

Tiger
Tiger
fishJilly, this is my FIRST time at the "months apart" - is this something you and Dan have been doing for awhile? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Jilly
Since Dan and i live many months apart from each other, we do a lot of IMing and emailing. We send photos to each other's phones and have our cell calls most days a week, even if it's just to say, "goodnight, i love you." Sometimes we skype, but skype for me is less convenient. I like to take a walk when i talk. smile

We don't see each other on social media b/c I prefer Facebook and he uses Twitter. We never use vid cam because i've never used it yet. maybe later. smile

he has not learned the ways of the text yet... I will have to start with him slowly. Get him hooked on it like me!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Actually, yeah, we've been doing this for a few years now. It gets easier each time. smile

Tiger
Tiger
fishWell I guess if you and Dan are comfortable with the arrangement that is what counts. I am not, and knowing December will soon be here is what keeps me going (lol). Thanks for the feedback Jilly.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We are extremely independent people. And I don't want to move around any more. This is the best way to keep the marriage for us. smile

Tiger
Tiger
Jilly, thanks for sharing. I may end doing what you are doing due to both of us not being able to find a job in the SAME location (lol). Glad to see it is working for you.

The concern I have is being able to maintain TWO homes. If you do not mind my asking, how do you and Dan do that? I am staying with my daughter and her roommate and after I give them my 1/3 of expenses I barely have anything left over to get food much less pay bills (lol).

And he is looking for a "second" job and not having any luck. Just got our lights turned back on.

Originally Posted By: Jilly
We are extremely independent people. And I don't want to move around any more. This is the best way to keep the marriage for us. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Personally, I am so glad there is so much technology now. To me, the technology helps a lot in maintaining a long-distance relationships and friendships. It is certainly better than a few long-distance calls (that used to cost a fortune) from a land line and letters.

SUSAN D. BATES
COLLEGES

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

Tiger
Tiger
fishI agree 100%. Can you imagine if we had to depend on "snail mail" ONLY(lol).

Originally Posted By: Susan-Colleges
Personally, I am so glad there is so much technology now. To me, the technology helps a lot in maintaining a long-distance relationships and friendships. It is certainly better than a few long-distance calls (that used to cost a fortune) from a land line and letters.

N
N
The only thing that would stop me from being with a man that I love would be just that. Even if he would not be home just one day a year it would be too much. I could learn to accept him working long hours and having not a lot of time off work but him being away I could not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.