Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#624114 09/03/10 09:47 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi!

I just saw this site, AWESOME!

For someone that did Spanish in High School (now 52, so you know I have forgotten ALOT/lol) - what would you recommend as far as "understanding" Spanich conversations?

I can figure out quite a bit as alot of Spanish words look like English, but when they get to talking, other than senor, I am lost.

Thanks! fish

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hi, Angela!

Thanks! And... maybe the best way to understand Spanish is listening! If you have the chance, listen to Spanish soap-operas, or Spanish music, films, etc...

Grammar is very, very important, yes. But you can learn a lot and, when ready to have your first conversation in Spanish, you won't probably understand much!

So my recommendation is listening as much as possible. And, there are some free sources on the net where you can listen and read at the same time. Similar to You-tube videos with subtitles in Spanish.

Anyway, if any reader knows more about this, feel free to post it here!

Best, Angela, and, by the way, good work with your site! smile

Originally Posted By: Angela S - Walking Editor
Hi!

I just saw this site, AWESOME!

For someone that did Spanish in High School (now 52, so you know I have forgotten ALOT/lol) - what would you recommend as far as "understanding" Spanich conversations?

I can figure out quite a bit as alot of Spanish words look like English, but when they get to talking, other than senor, I am lost.

Thanks! fish

J
J
Speaking Spanish can also give you a lot more opportunities if you travel to a Spanish speaking country. Having goals and motivation are vital, and now you need the right method to fulfill their desire to learn Spanish quickly. Even with the goals and motivation. There are two notable Spanish courses available online, which are effective and come at a price. These courses offer good quality tutorials and innovative learning methods.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
The challenge right now is to find someone to speak the language with. I can read it, but when it comes to speaking frown

Originally Posted By: jamesrolfe
Speaking Spanish can also give you a lot more opportunities if you travel to a Spanish speaking country. Having goals and motivation are vital, and now you need the right method to fulfill their desire to learn Spanish quickly. Even with the goals and motivation. There are two notable Spanish courses available online, which are effective and come at a price. These courses offer good quality tutorials and innovative learning methods.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
�Hola, Angela!

Yes, I know what you mean. We can learn the grammar, but when you have to put into practice... �Ay!

I wrote an article about free online resources where you could find a partner to practice. Here's the link:
Find Online Spanish Language Partners!

Hope it helps!

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks Angeles smile

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
You're welcome! Or... �De nada! smile

Last edited by Angeles F. - Spanish language Host; 04/05/11 01:44 PM.
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Hola Angeles. My parish is 50% Hispanic. You would think I would have many opportunities to speak Spanish. Other than Hola, Com� �sta, y muy bi�n I don't know how to continue smile

Angie #675652 04/05/11 10:39 PM
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
I can't seem to get the accent right. My latin friends mostly just laugh when I try to say something in Spanish.

Angie #675814 04/06/11 05:17 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
�Hola Angie!! �C�mo est�s?

Well, that's logical! :-) But don't worry. I guess it is just a question of time. Anyway, I heard that in some communities English speakers offer themselves to teach English to Spanish speakers. Maybe you could find someone needing some help with his/her English!

And, apart from saying "hello" or "how are you", try to start a short conversation, something like "What a sunny day! (�Qu� d�a m�s soleado"), or just asking "What time is it?" )�Qu� hora es, por favor?)

Maybe short questions or comments about the weather, or whatever you have in mind could help.

Anyway, any comments about this, and how to start some conversation, from someone who had already this situation will be welcome!

We'll waiting for your experiences!!

Originally Posted By: Angie
Hola Angeles. My parish is 50% Hispanic. You would think I would have many opportunities to speak Spanish. Other than Hola, Com� �sta, y muy bi�n I don't know how to continue smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.