Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We've been talking about five year goals and one year goals, but i wanted to start a thread on short term goals. maybe for a week, a month, or three months.

I'll start.

I have a new used car from craigslist that I need to have looked at. I am having issues with the radiator, for one thing. That needs a water pump and new backflow container. I have called my shadetree mechanic but have not heard back yet.

I also need to set aside time to have one of those free brake check sessions done. Those are in Flagstaff or Prescott, so it will take a whole day set aside for that. maybe I can find one that is walking distance to a bookstore or coffeeshop, or someplace with wifi. Also, maybe there are some out of town errands I can get done while there.

Same with a oil change. I want to use something like Jiffy lube, where they do a 40 point inspection free. So this will be another whole day out of town.

I have coupons for these things around. So my steps - find coupons, figure out what towns to go to, plan a few days for this, and gather stuff to work on while waiting/plan errands to run.

My timeline is: within a few days for the radiator (otherwise I am carless). And within the month of August for the oil change and brake check.

So that is one life area to attend to within the short term.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Those are great goals, and it sounds like you have a doable plan to handle them! Wonderful!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks! Ok, working on this one goal, there are jiffy lubes in Flagstaff, Prescott and Payson.

And I also found a free coupon for $5 off - jiffy lube coupon

Here are all the things they check.

The one in Flagstaff is closest to places to walk to for wifi i think. Plus I can gather pine needles for my mulching beds. I will need to gather a lot of trash bags for that. Maybe I will try to get a hike in that day.

Okay, so print coupon, gather trash bags, pick a trail to hike and select a day.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Alright. Coupon printed, reusable cloth trash bags in car, Walnut Canyon Trail selected and the day - Wed, Sept 1. If it gets too late for Walnut Canyon then I will jog along the Urban Trail.

Next short goal to plan...

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is great!

You can also post short term goals in the matching forum, so you stir up interest with people who are into that topic! So for example I can post my short term cleaning goals in the cleaning forum, to enthuse other cleaners! smile

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My short term goal is to finish my vision board.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Vision boards are awesome! I vote you set aside an hour to sit down with a cup of tea or glass of wine and have fun with your vision board!

Mine sits right by my desk. I love the "x marks the spot" treasure map feel to it smile

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I did accomplish another short term goal today. I have notes all over the place in various notebooks and sheets of paper on forum topics that I had written, but forgot about, article ideas that I had written in various notebooks and forgot about.
Well today I grabbed one 5 section notebook and re-wrote everything into just the one notebook - so I have a section for article ideas, forum topic ideas. quotes and topics to use in my new redesigned news letters, etc...

I'm feeling so organized - one short term goal accomplished. Now BACK to the vision board...lol...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne - that is *awesome* news!! Good for you! Having everything in one place, organized, is a great way to keep your forward progress going!

I sent out a bunch of editor packages today, so I have happy editors in my future and my office is a little more clean. So that is great!

Tomorrow my two summer classes end and then I have 2 weeks off before my set of 4 fall classes begin. So that will be a big help!

Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
1) Finish training class on this new temp to perm job (and hope it goes perm).....will be done by 9/7/10 and we hit the floor and take calls.

2) Get that jewelry business really started and off the ground.

Step 1 - Start Etsy and Ebay sales and see where that goes - all jewelry and beaded stuff to be made with gemstones. Hey - it is Earth Dragon Jewelry after all - they guard gemstones and animals....10% of profits goes to local and national (ASPCA HSUS)animal charities.

So I will start with baby steps - get hired on perm and re-start Earth Dragon Jewelry and keep it running this time.

That is enough for now as I want these items accomplished.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.