Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20
#615879 08/09/10 09:54 AM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Ok..I'm ready. Just finished my coffee and breakfast and I'm off for at least 15 min. If I'm smart I'll walk 10 min in one direction and I'll have to do 20 min just to get home. smile

Last edited by Angela S - Walking Editor; 09/05/10 06:09 PM.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi WalkingGranny!

I am still at work but just wanted to say thank you for letting us know how you are doing. GREAT, AWESOME........

Last edited by Angela - Walking Editor; 08/13/10 02:21 PM.
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Did about 17 min this morning. When the heat and humidity are gone I'm sure I'll be able to do more. I was drenched when I got home this morning and had to take a shower so I could do some housework..imagine that!

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Yep, take that shower = we don't want you smelling up the neighborhood (lol).

On the serious side, glad to see you are sticking to your goal. And please continue to share with us. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION to us all.......

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Does walking (with a purpose) thorugh Walmart count? I took the day off work to get some recall work done on my car, then went to Walmart. It was getting so hot out I decided Walmart was as good as the mall. I clocked myself and walked a full 20 min with my cart through the store using the wide aisles. I made may way through all the departments a couple times,[no shower needed smile ] then picked up the things I went there for and came home. Now it's time for a salad for lunch, and clean the walls in the dining room sick

Granny
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I'm wondering the same thing myself. When I take my MIL shopping we spend 3 HOURS in Walmart alone. That's gotta count for something...lol...

Last edited by Angela - Walking Editor; 08/13/10 02:22 PM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Diane I hope so...I walked right along just like I would outside.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
In my opinion, ANY walking you do counts! The fact that you are walking is important and from my reading and talking to others, the health experts are agreeing. Gone are those days when you HAD to be in full walking gear and on a mission to be considered a walker. Way to go guys. I did my "do not take the elevator" to all 4 floors at work today. But I will admit, my KNEES are trying to rebel(lol). I am looking forward to hearing about TOMORROW!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Today I walked around the bus yard 2 times before I went home. Took me 22 min. It's a big place with over 100 buses and parking for about 150 people plus all the administrative offices and of course the 6 bay garage and 2 bay body shop. But it was cooler at 8:30 than it would have been at 10.

Also, I've started parking my car farther away from the door I go in to sign up for my work, at least in the morning. In the afternoon I park where I can find a spot. Either way, I'm getting in more walking than just my "dedicated" time.

Way to go Angela on walking up 4 flights. I get winded just thinking about it! smile

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Hi WalkingGranny!

I am IMPRESSED. At your age doing MORE than my "lazy" self is doing!

I find that with working I am not doing as much walking as I need to be doing for my BIG hips and butt (lol). But I do make sure I exercise inside no matter how I am feeling or what excuse I can think off. It is working - just my stomach is not moving.

Thanks for sharing!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Angela, walking up 4 flights of stairs is AWESOME. My job turns butts and bellies into BUTTS AND BELLIES. The average is a 20 lb gain by women by 5 years in the seat. Scarey...I've been there 15 years sick If I don't do something now I won't live to see a happy retirement...or at least the end of bus driving.

Last edited by Angela - Walking Editor; 08/13/10 02:19 PM.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
My heart goes out to bus drivers because I could not do it. Sitting all day and then having to put up with the passengers. It takes a special person like yourself to do this job. And we thank you.

Last edited by Angela - Walking Editor; 08/13/10 02:20 PM.
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My hubby went walking with me tonight! We walked for about 30 minutes around the "block". The block is actually one long block on one street, but it's three blocks on the other side (cul-de-sacs), plus it's hilly!

I did that on TOP of the Power Pump class with weights and cardio that I did at the gym tonight. Now if I can just not eat to ruin all of the good work I did - tonight will be golden!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Dianne!

GREAT that hubbie tagged along (lol). My boyfriend would not last but of course he already does alot of walking during the day and stays on his feet - so the LAST thing he wants to do is walk.

Now our 5-year old Jack Russell Terrier, Jeremiah is ALWAYS ready to go with me. That is my "get up lazy woman" and hit the road reminder. I feel guilty when I do not go walking as I know he is dependent on me to go.

Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted. Oh, I do not know if I already asked and forgot or you already shared - what are your goals if you feel like sharing with us?

Mine are to keep the inches off, the butt and hips hopefully in check and my stress level down.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Angela, please don't feel sorry for me. After 12 years I landed a run that I love. The people think I "walk on water", the hours suit me to a "T", and I always know what the weather is. This morning it was major thunder storms. My first run is 45 min out of town to bring in State workers. I told them I wouldn't charge any extra for the fantastic "light show" (lightening). Gave them their first chuckle of the day. At Christmas my morning gang will sing Christmas Carols.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
WalkingGranny, we need you here in Orlando, Florida. You are one SPECIAL lady. Thanks for sharing!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Didn't specifically walk today, although I did park way far away from work and took a short walk with my 3 year old grandson tonight. Super bad rain flooded many of our streets making me an hour late getting done, and my kids were coming for dinner. Talk about stressed out! I forgot my celphone this afternoon and couldn't even call them. All worked out though, they just left, and I'm soon hitting the sheets.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Hey WalkingGranny, sounds like your burn't some calories in spite of not getting in your usual walk. Get a good night's rest and there is always tomorrowl. We look forward to hearing about tomorrow - thanks for sharing!

Tiger
Tiger
Hi WalkingGranny!

We need an UPDATE...........

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I'm ashamed to say all I walked today was from the farthest parking spot to work, but I did it for both morning and afternoon parts.

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
No more shame for me....went out to sing karaoke tonight and danced many, many line dances. Made up for not doing dedicated walking smile Did all that in 2 hours too.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
The bottom line is that you walked (lol).

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Today is my rest day. Good thing too. After going out Fri. nite, and working OT Sat I about died last night. Slept a full 9 hours and that's totally unheard of for me. Must be getting old

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
You deserve a good rest with all that dancing and working.

Flower
Tiger
Tiger
Oh Granny you went DANCING - way to go!! Let's hear it for Granny.....

Amoeba
Amoeba
How wonderfully awesome! Great for your vocal chords and your body!

F
Koala
Koala
F
How are you feeling granny? I hope better.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I'm still off work Flower70. Jury is still out about Friday. New meds yesterday silenced the cough and drastically reduced the watery stage I was in. I went all winter without being sick, and now this mad

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
It is truely amazing how things come, when least expected and at this time of year least needed.

Flower
Tiger
Tiger
I feel you granny, my tooth finally stopped hurting as I was not looking forward to having to find cash to go get it pulled out. By the way, Vanilla Extract did it. This lady at work told me about it. It worked............. Saved me a trip to the dentist. Hope you feel better soon granny!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Vanilla extract? I'll remember that one.

Granny
Amoeba
Amoeba
Praying for you Granny, much love

F
Koala
Koala
F
I haven�t heard of vanille extract either. But clove oil.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Angela....I'm still off work, but I'm determined to walk today. Most of my symptoms have been reduced by a power of 10! Still sleeping lots though. It's beautiful outside and I need to be "aired out". I've been stuck inside for so long my place must need fumigation!

Rev. Wright....Thank you for your prayers

Flower70.... Vanilla extract is new to me too, but I'll try it for sure.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Granny, just PROMISE me you will start out SLOW as it is not worth having a RELAPSE - been there (lol). Better to PACE yourself, see how your body feels and then INCREASE stuff as the body does not REBEL. Keep us posted...........

Yes, put the Vanilla Extract on a q-tip and dab on the tooth and gum area. Still pain free - thank you Jesus! And spread the word.

I have to try clove oil too.

Last edited by Angela - Walking Editor; 08/20/10 08:56 AM.
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Didn't walk today, but did get some decongestant. It's amazing how you can feel good one minute and the next everything comes crashing in on ya. Maybe I'll take a little walk tomorrow, suppose to be nice.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Take it SLOW Granny!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I will Angela. Woke up this morning feeling better than I have in many days. Even lost 4 lbs this week in spite of being sick and not walking.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Yes, we do tend to lose weight when we are sick (lol)

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Then how about if I stay sick for another 100 lbs or so...

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
All kidding aside, I walked with my tapes today for 1/2 mile. It wiped me out so I took a nap..but it's a start for my "comeback".

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
U funny Granny!
Originally Posted By: WalkingGranny
Then how about if I stay sick for another 100 lbs or so...

Tiger
Tiger
Yes, pace yourself and if you begin to feel odd, stop and go sit of lay down.
All kidding aside, I walked with my tapes today for 1/2 mile. It wiped me out so I took a nap..but it's a start for my "comeback".

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Now Angela..me feeling odd...that's wide open crazy

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
U funny as usual (lol)!!!!!
Now Angela..me feeling odd...that's wide open crazy

F
Koala
Koala
F
Don�t over do it granny. Even if you lost weight, be careful please, the body needs time. Glad that your feeling better.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks flower...I'll go slow. Planning on another 1/2 mile today.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Great Granny, that is the way to do it, SLOW until you are back 100%.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Sorta fizziling out today folks. Frist day back to work and thought I'd walk my 1/2 mile around the bus garage before coming home. Didn't happen. Came straight home, made breakfast, and now I'm going to rest and hopefully sleep . Amazing how whooped I feel. If I still have this chest congestion and cough by Wed. I'm calling the dr. Drat! Don't remember being this sick since 2002 when I had the flu so bad I was off work 2 weeks. One thing I'm happy for, I'm not craving junk food, in fact I'm not craving anything. Usually when I'm sick there's something that I'm sure will make me better...lol lol all it ever did is make me bigger

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
You better get better for your wedding day? Or did I dream this? I don't have the time to read back on the posts as I am at work on a brief break, but didn't you post that you are engaged?

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I noticed that in one of your replies. Sorry you have me mixed up with someone else. I'm happily single for the past 10 years and plan to stay that way.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Oh well, sorry - here I was all EXCITED for you. If you are content with being single and plan on being single the rest of your life, that is fine. I am single, no plans of being married again, but I do like being involved (lol). Nope, I love my men, but I have taken breaks from them - like 6 years. Needed to get my life straightened out. Now the guy I am with ADDS to my life, I am not looking to him for my happiness. A BIG difference I have learn't.

I noticed that in one of your replies. Sorry you have me mixed up with someone else. I'm happily single for the past 10 years and plan to stay that way.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Don't be sorry. The man I could have spent the rest of my life with passed last spring. Since no one can fill his shoes, I'm accepting my lot, and for a social life I volunteer at the humane society, I've just joined the VFW Auxillary to help with their projects and don't laugh...I sing karaoke (when I don't have chest congestion). He and I sang together for 8 years, and 2 of our friends joined us for the last 5. Hard to believe they all passed...Lynn 2 years ago, Eddy last year, and Carl this year. All in the spring within a 2 week period, and all from cancer. Guess I've got a purpose in this world that hasn't been fulfilled yet. I know...TMI...just on a role I guess.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Hey, you keep this site ALIVE - I cannot wait to see what you posted(lol). I am the same way about the guy I have been with for 2 years, if something was to happen to him, that would be it for me too. You do not find good ones anymore no matter what their age is. Yes, they have the OLD dogs too (giggle). And that is why I make time for him EVERY day as I never know if I will see him again with him being in Phenix City, Alabama and me here in Orlando, Florida until December. I no longer expect tomorrow to get here, I just live EACH day to the fullest. I do miss him and Jeremiah(dog) alot, but thank goodness for being busy to cut down on the time I spend in tears. Thanks for sharing and hope you feeling better.

Don't be sorry. The man I could have spent the rest of my life with passed last spring. Since no one can fill his shoes, I'm accepting my lot, and for a social life I volunteer at the humane society, I've just joined the VFW Auxillary to help with their projects and don't laugh...I sing karaoke (when I don't have chest congestion). He and I sang together for 8 years, and 2 of our friends joined us for the last 5. Hard to believe they all passed...Lynn 2 years ago, Eddy last year, and Carl this year. All in the spring within a 2 week period, and all from cancer. Guess I've got a purpose in this world that hasn't been fulfilled yet. I know...TMI...just on a role I guess.

Last edited by Angela - Walking Editor; 08/23/10 07:12 PM.
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Walked my 1/2 mile with the tape today. I'm amazed that Leslie can talk all the directions without sounding the least bit breathless, and I'm breathless and sweaty after 1/4 mile

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Good for you and love your cat! Looks real....

Walked my 1/2 mile with the tape today. I'm amazed that Leslie can talk all the directions without sounding the least bit breathless, and I'm breathless and sweaty after 1/4 mile

F
Koala
Koala
F
Glad your feeling better granny! Try some broncial tea, it helps.
Keep your chin up and the positive side of life with all your losses. You do have a purpose here, to keep us going.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks Flower70, Here's a hug for you What is broncial tea?

Last edited by WalkingGranny; 08/25/10 09:36 AM.

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I'm back, walked those stairs 2X's because I couldn't open her door. Dummy me, she lives on the opposite side of the hall than I do, albeit on the 3rd floor, and I was turning the key the wrong way. Anyway, I did walk my 1/2 mile with the tape. Legs said I could do more, but the chest congestion said enough is enough. Next week I'll go for the full mile!

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
Good job. It�s tea for the bronchies (lungs),i�ll try and find the herbs in english and let you know.

Flower
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Flower, i have asthma i would also like to know the name of that tea
Maybe it will keep me off the terrible side effects of Prednisone

Rosie L
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
thanks

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Rosie, if you do not mind my asking "have you had asthma" a long time? Hope Flower's tea helps!

Originally Posted By: skyhaven
Flower, i have asthma i would also like to know the name of that tea
Maybe it will keep me off the terrible side effects of Prednisone

Tiger
Tiger
You need to open a business featuring smiley posts - you make my day a SMILEY one - thanks for doing this for US!!!!!

I'm back, walked those stairs 2X's because I couldn't open her door. Dummy me, she lives on the opposite side of the hall than I do, albeit on the 3rd floor, and I was turning the key the wrong way. Anyway, I did walk my 1/2 mile with the tape. Legs said I could do more, but the chest congestion said enough is enough. Next week I'll go for the full mile!

Angela, I've had Asthma for about 51 yrs
Hoping the tea will help

Rosie L
Tiger
Tiger
I hope so too!

Angela, I've had Asthma for about 51 yrs
Hoping the tea will help

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks Angela..These boards can get very boring with just the written word... Now, with that in mind...DANG DO I EVER HURT TONIGHT!!! Besides still fighting this congestion , my legs hurt from walking those stairs 2X I feel like I need this... So now it's time for

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
When is your neighbor coming back?

Thanks Angela..These boards can get very boring with just the written word... Now, with that in mind...DANG DO I EVER HURT TONIGHT!!! Besides still fighting this congestion , my legs hurt from walking those stairs 2X I feel like I need this... So now it's time for

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
not soon enough....about 1 1/2 weeks.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Wow, that is too long.

not soon enough....about 1 1/2 weeks.

F
Koala
Koala
F
I have to go to work now, but when i come home this afternoon i will look up the herbs, it takes awhile to translate them over into english. But in the mean time take it slow and easy.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I feel sorry for the poor kitty. I go up 2x a day just so he as some company. I'll have tighter glutes when she gets home... grin

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
Ok i got all the herbs together granny. I�m not a doctor so try at your own risk. When i have bronchitis or congestion, i make this tea.
I use my herbs dry
This is for 100 gram

Sweet root 25 grams
Thyme 10 grams
English plantain 40 grams
Fennel 15 grams
Marsh Mallow or Common Mallow 5 grams
Iceland moss 5 grams

Mix and grind but not to fine.
I use for one cup tea 2 grams of the mixture, put in a tea filter, cover with a plate and wait 10min. Either with honey or without your choice but the honey works good for the cough.
I drink this about 6-8 times a day, when i have a bad bout of congestion. Enjoy and get well soon.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
thanks..I'll fine the herbs this weekend.

Granny
J
J
I'm going to try to find these ingredients this weekend. My husband has had asthma the past couple years...worse in the humidity. Well, I already have the marshmallows, interesting ingredient. Thanks. Linda

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I'm sorry to say I didn't walk today. When I got home this morning, I had breakfast, fed the kitty upstairs, posted here, took my meds and slept for 3 hours til I had to go back to work. Still wiped out, will be going to bed as soon as I'm done here...but can't let a day go by without "hanging" with my "buds"....Tomorrow should be better!

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Flower, if you do not mind my asking, what type of work do you do? Ignore my question if you rather not answer (lol).

Originally Posted By: flower70
I have to go to work now, but when i come home this afternoon i will look up the herbs, it takes awhile to translate them over into english. But in the mean time take it slow and easy.

Tiger
Tiger
You sound like me, I am more worried about Jeremiah (our dog) being along too much by himself due to my boyfriend working 12 hour shifts and me being in Orlando instead of Phenix City. I guess we have that "soft" heart Granny.

I feel sorry for the poor kitty. I go up 2x a day just so he as some company. I'll have tighter glutes when she gets home... grin

Tiger
Tiger
You are so cute Dr. Flower warning everyone to try at their own risk(giggling & still giggling).

Everyone STILL ALIVE?????

Sorry Flower, I just had to "tease" you a little....

On the serious side - did anyone try it? Did it work? I hate tea, I do only coffee - but if I had congestion, believe me I would be downing your tea. Thanks sweetie for sharing with us - this is what makes this family so special - caring!

Ok i got all the herbs together granny. I�m not a doctor so try at your own risk. When i have bronchitis or congestion, i make this tea.
I use my herbs dry
This is for 100 gram

Sweet root 25 grams
Thyme 10 grams
English plantain 40 grams
Fennel 15 grams
Marsh Mallow or Common Mallow 5 grams
Iceland moss 5 grams

Mix and grind but not to fine.
I use for one cup tea 2 grams of the mixture, put in a tea filter, cover with a plate and wait 10min. Either with honey or without your choice but the honey works good for the cough.
I drink this about 6-8 times a day, when i have a bad bout of congestion. Enjoy and get well soon.

F
Koala
Koala
F
I am a certified nurses asst. i work with elderly people taking care of them. So dr. Flower says take it slow and easy. Ha ha.
My hobbies are working with herbs if you understand what i mean.

I hope everyone is still alive. Onery.

Flower
F
Koala
Koala
F
Granny you walked the 3 flight of stairs to feed the kitties and that is enough, if you can�t do anymore, so be it. You are still sick don�t forget.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks Flower, I'm still not on top of my game. But....I did do my 1/2 mile walk to the tape today. Starting Monday I'm planning on completeing the mile walk. I need to. Went to breakfast with one of the girls from work today... This was me. The biggest most unhealty breakfast I've had since I've started eating healthy. Best if I come straight home from now on.

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
Every now and then we have to do something not healthy, other wise life is no fun.
I checked this graig list thing and didn�t find anything but i�m going to look again, and check out the stores for dvds, didn�t have a chance with all this other stretching going on.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
You're moving , that's what counts (closest pic I could find to stretching)

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Being a nursing assistant takes a special person, not me (lol). First of all I get too "emotional" around sick of dying people. I appreciate people that have chosen the medical field. It is hard and long hours and not paid alot. Thanks for sharing!

I am a certified nurses asst. i work with elderly people taking care of them. So dr. Flower says take it slow and easy. Ha ha.
My hobbies are working with herbs if you understand what i mean.

I hope everyone is still alive. Onery.

Tiger
Tiger
You did GREAT Granny and you made me SMILE as usual!

You're moving , that's what counts (closest pic I could find to stretching)

Tiger
Tiger
They say it is best to have for example "junk food" once in a while to avoid blowing your diet permanently. I agree. When I just cannot resist "junk food" I go ahead and find some - try not to keep any too close(lol) = makes me think twice about having to go to the store. But when I do this, I can get right back on track and of course cut back on my NEXT meal due to all those calories consumed earlier!!!!

Every now and then we have to do something not healthy, other wise life is no fun.
I checked this graig list thing and didn�t find anything but i�m going to look again, and check out the stores for dvds, didn�t have a chance with all this other stretching going on.

F
Koala
Koala
F
Granny thats just about how i look too when i�m stretching.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Didn't know I was peeking over the fence did ya!

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Yeah Me ! ! ! I went the whole 1 mile today. Now I was very winded but I did it. The rest of my workout is posted in the exercise thread.

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
No i didn�t know this till now. And what a GOOD laugh i had at that.

Flower
F
Koala
Koala
F
You did a super work out today granny.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks Flower.

Granny
Yippee
Way to go girl

Rosie L
Tiger
Tiger
So what did you buy me?

Does walking (with a purpose) thorugh Walmart count? I took the day off work to get some recall work done on my car, then went to Walmart. It was getting so hot out I decided Walmart was as good as the mall. I clocked myself and walked a full 20 min with my cart through the store using the wide aisles. I made may way through all the departments a couple times,[no shower needed smile ] then picked up the things I went there for and came home. Now it's time for a salad for lunch, and clean the walls in the dining room sick

Tiger
Tiger
I did not realize that that humidity affects asthma. We have alot here in Orlando, Florida - so you do not want to move here.

Originally Posted By: Jehanne
I'm going to try to find these ingredients this weekend. My husband has had asthma the past couple years...worse in the humidity. Well, I already have the marshmallows, interesting ingredient. Thanks.

Linda

Tiger
Tiger
What you peeking at? Did I miss something here? Cute.....

Didn't know I was peeking over the fence did ya!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Posted by Angela
Quote:
What you peeking at? Did I miss something here? Cute.....
I was peeking at Flower... while she was doing her stretches...

Last edited by WalkingGranny; 08/29/10 11:09 AM.

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Let me start by saying I LOVE my lazy Sunday Mornings. Coffee, easy breakfast, lay on the couch watching a movie with my kitties. But now that's over! cry Did my 1 mile walk again today. I'm really liking my walking video. It only takes 15 min to do 1 mile. If I was walking outside I'm sure it would take longer, and I'd have to dodge traffic. Rest of my workout is posted in the exercise forum

Last edited by WalkingGranny; 08/29/10 11:16 AM.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
So which car is your's?

Let me start by saying I LOVE my lazy Sunday Mornings. Coffee, easy breakfast, lay on the couch watching a movie with my kitties. But now that's over! cry Did my 1 mile walk again today. I'm really liking my walking video. It only takes 15 min to do 1 mile. If I was walking outside I'm sure it would take longer, and I'd have to dodge traffic. Rest of my workout is posted in the exercise forum

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
This is me....in my dreams

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Cool and that is exactly what I saw you driving (lol). Hey, you notice I am going wild with my COLORS - let's see if that gets cut too (giggling) and I am going to experiment with different text = getting bored with my boring post choices (on the floor girl, chuckling).

This is me....in my dreams

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Variety is the spice of life, and keeps things interesting!

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Granny, this is getting "irritating" - I know I already replied to THIS post (lol).

I guess someone is UPSET(lol).

Variety is the spice of life, and keeps things interesting!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Hey gang, don't plan to walk today, my left knee (replaced one) ankle and foot are extremely swollen today, having a hard time even walking on them. Glad my neighbor is coming home and don't have to climb to the third floor to feed her kitty.

Granny
Sorry to hear that, You need to rest

Last edited by skyhaven; 08/30/10 11:03 AM.

Rosie L
F
Koala
Koala
F
I think its better if you take a rest, we don�t want your knee to get worse. Prop it up and put some ice on it take an asprin and call me in the morning. Hee hee. Sorry i couldn�t stop myself. But really take it slow granny, i�m glad your neighbour is coming home too so you don�t have to climb those stairs, with that bad leg. Get Well Soon.=-)

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Woohoo I finally added my name!

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Wow, I am impressed!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Didn't want to before...but since most people use their names I figured I should too.

Granny
Deanna is a nice name smile I like calling people by their real names
More of a connection i think

Rosie L
F
Koala
Koala
F
I�m scared to use my name. But maybe i can overcome this. The first letter is A.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Flower, there's no time limit. Anonymity is a great blanket. When you feel safe, give us the next letter.

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Ok...did the 1 mile walk today, the rest of my workout is posted in the exercise forum.

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
I�ll check later have to go now my daughter woke up. A

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Later...A

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Just be SAFE that is all I ask because you do have some "perverts" that join sites like these just to "prey" on people. So if you want to use your name, use only the first or last - NOT BOTH.

Deanna, I love WalkingGranny, but will work on remembering to use Deanna. Like I had to work on useing "Rosie" (lol).

And Beetle, a thousand pardons for calling you a she and thanks for not yelling at me (lol). Your wife is indeed blessed with such an AWESOME hubbie. You remind me of my boyfriend - laid back, easy going. Hey, I would have been yelling "I am not a her, so get it right lady" (lol).

Love you guys! You all keep me straight when I mix up folks' names and other stuff. Thanks for the personal message "family member" (who will remain annonymous) - got it and responded but deleted the thread as nothing is private on this site (lol). Sent you my email if you want to use it. Deanna and myself took our chats off the message system and now email daily. Hey, we talk too much "garbage".......... (giggling).

*If anyone else wants to join our emailing, send one of us your request, yes via the private messaging system and we will hook you up - no pressure, just an invite*

And we still would still expect you to post to the our family site - who knows who may benefit from our posts. I know I look forward to reading them.

Thanks!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Angela, you can call me granny, I've gotten used to it...just don't call me late for dinner

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Hoping to get my walking in today. I'm leaving in a few minutes to stay with my 3 year old grandson. Had planned to walk with him in his stroller, take him to the pool and get all kinds of exercise in just chasing him around. My poor little baby isn't feeling well . My DIL says it's mostly allergies but that doesn't change the fact that he feels down in the dumps and we won't be doing much.

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
Hope you still have fun with your grandson, even if hes not feeling so well. Maybe you can still get your walk in.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Didn't do a real walk today, but that boy wore me out. First it was had to pick him up numerous times so he could make a basket. Then it was down stairs (basement) to the play room, then up stairs to other toys and the tv...then up stairs to the bathroom (being potty trained). Whew...I'm worn out. AND I'm doing it all over again tomorrow.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Is he feeling better? Sounds like it (lol).

Didn't do a real walk today, but that boy wore me out. First it was had to pick him up numerous times so he could make a basket. Then it was down stairs (basement) to the play room, then up stairs to other toys and the tv...then up stairs to the bathroom (being potty trained). Whew...I'm worn out. AND I'm doing it all over again tomorrow.

Tiger
Tiger
U funny!

Angela, you can call me granny, I've gotten used to it...just don't call me late for dinner

F
Koala
Koala
F
Good luck with all that movement, and remeber to strech before hand so you don�t pull a ligament. Hee hee. A

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Will do...gotta keep the muscles in shape..

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
Are you having fun with the little one?

Flower
Tiger
Tiger
I guess she is, I have not gotten an email since the one she sent this morning and no post either(lol).

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Angela - Walking Editor
I guess she is, I have not gotten an email since the one she sent this morning and no post either(lol).

OMG....God knew what he was doing when he gave kids to the young. I love him but I'm run ragged. I also am not used to being busy they entire day. I may start my job early but I have a 5 hour break in the middle of the day. No such luck with Cameron. Today we took my Simba to the groomer's to have his nails clipped, then went to the firetruck museum. Loved every minute. After that we met his mommy at Mickey D's for lunch then back to his house to try to get him to take a nap. I'm wiped out. BUT...have made myself a promise to DO MY WALKING TAPE IN THE MORNING BEFORE I LEAVE. I think I've been using Cameron as an excuse to slack off...

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
At least you are HONEST Granny (lol).

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I am totally ashamed to tell you I DID NOT WALK WITH MY TAPES TODAY! There I said it. After saying that I will tell you we went to the neighborhood playground and I walked, and walked, and walked all over that thing for what seemed 1000 times. A gross exaggeration for sure, but tell my poor legs and feet that!

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
U are too much Granny. I don't know how you find these pictures. It is like they MATCH what your post is about. What is your secret?

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I either google for royalty free pics of what I want..and photobucket has tons of pics that can be used.

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I'm committing now to do my and today after I work the humane society event. We're showing in hopes of finding adopters...

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I'm learning much about myself. First, I'm not the morning person I think I am. Just because I get up around 3 am and go to work for 4:30 does not a morning person make. When I get off the first part of my job at 8:30 am, then I'm wide awake and rarin' to go. Ergo, I think I'm doing my walking and exercise in the morning, but my body thinks it's almost mid-day. Second, when I'm not working my job, I wake up slowly. It takes me almost 2 hours from the time I take my first sip of coffee until I feel like doing something edifying. Take today for instance. I went to bed at 9:30 last night, finally got out of bed at 8 this morning (did get up to feed the cats at 6 because of their insistence) and here it is 9:30 and I'm just finishing my second cup of coffee and spent the whole time here chatting with my walking buddies. (just pretend it's coffee the little guy is drinking hahahah) Third thing...I need to go to bed early at night. Trying to stay up until 11 or later just doesn't cut it for me..(unless I'm out doing karaoke).

Last edited by WalkingGranny; 09/04/10 09:50 AM.

Granny
Amoeba
Amoeba
I am an evening person, get up at 6am for work, but only for work. I walk in the evenings.

Tiger
Tiger
How cute!!!

I'm committing now to do my and today after I work the humane society event. We're showing in hopes of finding adopters...

Tiger
Tiger
I will definately try that, just LOVE your posts! You take time to create them and we do APPRECIATE your efforts as we know you stay BUSY.

I either google for royalty free pics of what I want..and photobucket has tons of pics that can be used.

Tiger
Tiger
Got any karaoke pictures to share with us?

I'm learning much about myself. First, I'm not the morning person I think I am. Just because I get up around 3 am and go to work for 4:30 does not a morning person make. When I get off the first part of my job at 8:30 am, then I'm wide awake and rarin' to go. Ergo, I think I'm doing my walking and exercise in the morning, but my body thinks it's almost mid-day. Second, when I'm not working my job, I wake up slowly. It takes me almost 2 hours from the time I take my first sip of coffee until I feel like doing something edifying. Take today for instance. I went to bed at 9:30 last night, finally got out of bed at 8 this morning (did get up to feed the cats at 6 because of their insistence) and here it is 9:30 and I'm just finishing my second cup of coffee and spent the whole time here chatting with my walking buddies. (just pretend it's coffee the little guy is drinking hahahah) Third thing...I need to go to bed early at night. Trying to stay up until 11 or later just doesn't cut it for me..(unless I'm out doing karaoke).

Tiger
Tiger
Rev. Wright, as long as you are SAFE, that is all we ask. As soon as it gets "dark" I am taking my you know what inside (lol). Never used to be this "timid" but with the way things are now, not taking no chances.

Originally Posted By: Rev.Wright
I am an evening person, get up at 6am for work, but only for work. I walk in the evenings.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Of me? or just generic karaoke pics?
Originally Posted By: Angela - Walking Editor
Got any karaoke pictures to share with us?

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
YOU (lol).

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I'll see if I can find some.

Walked my 1 mile tape this morning. Rest of my workout is in the exercise thread.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
I cannot wait to see you doing your thing(lol).

I'll see if I can find some.

Walked my 1 mile tape this morning. Rest of my workout is in the exercise thread.

F
Koala
Koala
F
Granny you are good, with all that exerciseing.

Flower
Tiger
Tiger
Speaking of Granny, did she SNEAK out the "back door" and not even let us know she left? You just wait until she comes back or I run into her in the neighborhood (lol).

F
Koala
Koala
F
Yes i noticed this also, that she suddenly disappeared.

Flower
No i think she's busy writing her article

Rosie L
Tiger
Tiger
Who are you all talking about? Granny? or me?

Tiger
Tiger
If it is Granny, she went offline at 2:40pm, I just checked.

Me, I am still here and no article to write.

No not u
Granny wasn't she gonna write an article

Rosie L
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Yep...took a nap, was totally zonked.
Granny you are good, with all that exerciseing.

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Angela asked me to answer the questions you were asked...so I did. Then I took a nap.
No not u
Granny wasn't she gonna write an article

Granny
You must of needed that, We missed u

Rosie L
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Aw shucks....

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Hey, going to have to give my daugther her laptop when she gets out the shower and did not want to "disappear" like a certain family member did - yes, you Granny (lol).

I should get it back later, but was not sure if anyone will be on later.

So wanted to say thanks for chatting and will be offline in a few minutes.

See ya, hurry back

Rosie L
Tiger
Tiger
Still here and will keep posting until she comes my way (lol). So if I disappear, you know I am gone and why.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Ahhh yes...the vanishing Angela

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
Funny! At least I told family I was leaving and did not "slip out" the back door like you (lol). I am back and see you are gone..... Hope you said "goodbye" this time or you are going back into our famous "dog house"....

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
cry I told you I was going to eat....I was famished

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Hey gang! Walked my 1 mile outside today. My apartments have a couple of gentle hills to walk so it really works the booty.

Granny
Granny good for you

Rosie L
Tiger
Tiger
fishYou go Granny!

I miss the hills back home in Phenix City, Alabama - me and Jeremiah (our dog) used to go up and down. My boyfriend thought I was CRAZY, but like you say Granny - got to keep that booty in shape (lol).

Here in Orlando, Florida (with my daughter until December) - it is FLAT and boring.

And I would get totally lost back home as it is all NEW to me (lol). Here in Orlando, Florida I know EVERY route as the 14 years I lived here before moving away (and back/lol) - I would drive to an area when I had a car (take the bus when I did not) and just walk in some area that was safe.

Got lost a few times too - but that was part of the adventure. Of course my boyfriend made sure I carried my cell (had one at the time/lol - now don't) - and would call me if I did not show up when he thought I would. One time I had to take a cab home I was so LOST and it was getting late. And I tried to keep it from him, but guess who was sitting outside when the cab pulled up. I was BUSTED!!! (lol). Now keep in mind he is USUALLY in front of the TV watching sports - my heart lost a beat. Learn't my lesson, did not venture out too far after that.

F
Koala
Koala
F
Getting lost can be very scary.

Flower
Tiger
Tiger
Yes, it was and I did not want to call him as I know he would try to come find me (lol).

F
Koala
Koala
F
Your pride. I know.

Flower
Tiger
Tiger
fishYes, and you know I would have gotten my booty chewed out (lol). He has ALOT of patience, but he had TOLD me not to wander off - but me being the "independent" woman of too many years not used to being TOLD what to do had to wander off (lol).

It has been 2 years of adjusting to each other, but every day gets more "precious" as we BOTH realize what a blessing it is each day to have each other.

Then Jeremiah (our dog) is just the icing on the cake (lol).

NOW, I listen to his advice before deciding my WAY is better (lol) = known as COMPROMISING in our household (giggling).

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Well I'm glad you found your way to a taxi. But I love exploring like that. A few years back I had a tracker. In the summer took the top off, had a map, brought some water and went out for the day. I found some interesting stuff. But, I never took off walking not knowing where I was going.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
fishIn Phenix City, Alabama - the streets do not link up like they do in Orlando, Florida where I had been living for 14 years before moving to Phenix City.

For example, you can start on 4th street and run into a dead end. But on the other end of the dead end, guess what continues. Yep, 4th street (lol). That is when I took the cab home. Learn't my lesson and I had to put up with his "smirk" the rest of the day of "I told you"....

Now keep in mind that he TOLD me this, but oh no, my FIRST day of arriving there (he had been there 4 months and had gotten lost/lol = so knew this), I had to PROVE I knew how to TAKE care of myself like I had been doing before I met him (lol).

Now the exploring you like, as I had told you guys, not into those WILD animals and SNAKES. Yikes!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Some of the streets do that in Harrisburg too. I think that's because the streets were named before housing developments and buildings like the bus garage were built. Who ever built them just bought up land and plopped them down and broke up the continuity of the streets.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
He was born there during the slavery times so I got a good history lesson from him about the area. The house we are renting is part of several owned by this lady that inherited them. Her house is the "mansion" - beautiful. A nice lady.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
How old is he???? Slavery has been gone over 100 years?

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
He is 56 and I probably used the wrong term as I was born in Jamaica, West Indies. He was born during the times when his mom could not sit with white people, and yes he is black.

How old is he???? Slavery has been gone over 100 years?

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Ok...that was before the Civil Rights Movement. Makes more sense to me now. He sure did see a lot of change since being a boy, and there's so much more that's needed.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
fishI agree.

Ok...that was before the Civil Rights Movement. Makes more sense to me now. He sure did see a lot of change since being a boy, and there's so much more that's needed.

F
Koala
Koala
F
Hi granny hope you had a great day with your son. And a good one at work too.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Flower...all my days are great as long as I can wake up and complain

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Will not be walking today or doing exercises. I have a couple of appts. to keep and wanted to get to the boards. Will resume normal body wrenching activities tomorrow..

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
fishU funny as usual (lol).

Will not be walking today or doing exercises. I have a couple of appts. to keep and wanted to get to the boards. Will resume normal body wrenching activities tomorrow..

F
Koala
Koala
F
Hee hee.

Flower
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
They are body wrenching...hahahahaha

Hey...I walked my mile today...wooohoo.

Last edited by WalkingGranny; 09/09/10 07:05 PM.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
fishU go Granny - Bionic Granny (lol).

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Walked my mile outdoors today with a woman from my apartment building. We went to the wetland refuge and wish I'd taken my camera. Found this pic that could have been taken where we were..without the fences. I will say the bark covered dirt trail was more of a workout than my walking tapes or the blacktop street through my complex. I'll be sure to utilize that one again. I can still feel my booty stressing

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
fishDoes she usually walk with you Granny?

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
No this is the first time. She's the 3rd floor woman whose cat I watched, then she went missing for a few days. She has brain damage from seizures and gets treated kinda distant by most people. Long story short I decided she needed a friend and will walk with her when our schedules fit. Today I discovered she's a wealth of information on the area we live in. Most of this land used to be in her family. Interesting woman to listen to. I'm going to look up a local historian and have her talk to him or her.

And, this woman can walk circles around me!

Last edited by WalkingGranny; 09/11/10 04:28 PM.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
fishGlad to see she turned up as you never said any more about her missing when you had emailed me. And I know she appreciates you taking time out of your day to walk with her. Yes, history could benefit from her - you never know what may come out of those talks. Way to go Granny!!!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Started my walking tape, reached the 1/2 mile distance and got a cramp in my toe. So I quit and worked it out ...so for today I can claim 1/2 mile.

Granny
Tiger
Tiger
fishHope you feel better. What caused the cramp?

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Darned if I know

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Made the most of my early wake up today. Did my 1 mile walking video and all my exercises.

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
Go Granny, go granny. Glad there is someone that can show you something different outside the complex.

Flower
Amoeba
Amoeba
hurt me knee somehow, had to wear a knee brace and it took me an hour to walk just 1/2 mile, but getting better, it has been a week now.

Tiger
Tiger
Hey Rev. Wright, hope you will come back to visit with a knee that is healed.

Walking Granny & Flower, miss you both too - hope you will come back and give us another chance.

Sometimes things are said or done that we just do not understand.

Believe me, it took me this long to come back smile

Stay sweet the 3 of you......

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.