logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tiger
Tiger
LOL, sorry, I don't care how LONELY/DESPERATE I am - if my man began wearing makeup - he or I would have to go smile

It was hard enough accepting his ONE earring (existed before we met, but better not add a SECOND one/lol) - much less to add makeup. And the pink shirt, he has not worn one yet and I hope NEVER.

But the bottom line is the man has to be himself, and I respect that. I just son't want to be intimately involved with him - I am old fashioned and that is just too "feminine" for me.

Great post smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
But it's okay for a woman to have short hair and wear trousers? To take typically mens names?
Pink is just a random colour that a hospital decided on - it could have easily been the other way around, and yet again - women can wear blue and there's no problem? Pink is a colour God created - not just for women. Like he didn't create flowers and everything else "pretty" for women. No wonder the world is so static.

Complete double standards shown by some here.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Shark
Shark
After seeing Johnny Depp in "Pirates" I believe any man can wear mascara if they want to... As for pink shirts on males- it depends on the male's coloring. It either is looks good or it doesn't- it's not right or wrong. I'm glad the rules are fuzzy because as a female I choose not to wear makeup. I'm glad I have the choice. Men should have the choice too.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Men can do anything they want to do and is fun for them. Just like for women. I can't see where it's anyone's business to interfere. smile

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My comments on the pink clothing - I know a lot of men that won't wear pink - too bad for them - so it's my experience (given the odd men I know...lol..) it takes a strong man, one who is not so concerned about what people think- to wear that color. Just like woman where blue, pink is just another of God's beautiful colors.

It was actually a compliment, my friends - not a dig. :-)

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne, i did not take it as a dig. smile My father looks great in pink, for example. My hubby doesn't wear pastels well, but he can do the dark pinks - ie - rose shades - extremely well.

I think a man wearing pink is showing self-confidence, and that can be quite sexy.

Last edited by Jilly; 12/19/10 02:42 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
No, I never took it as a dig either D, we know you too well LOL smile
I honestly don't get the big deal (going back to the convo) if it matters if a guy wears a pink top or not - pink trousers might be funny LOL. I don't think make-up suits all guys - some guys can wear guyliner and get away with it, and some can't. I saw a guy in Top Shop over here once and he was caked in it! LOL. He had lipgloss, blusher, foundation etc. and it just looked awful - but I thought, well - if that's what he wants to do, let him I s'pose.
I think eyeliner makes nearly everyone look better though - I can't think of anyone it doesn't "help" - it's just if you can be bothered with it, or if you feel threatened by it in some way.

I think I've heard that pink is the one colour that actually suits every single skin tone (pale pink) - they always say it on TV anyways...

(I'm getting bugged by my avatar changing constantly BTW too LOL)

Last edited by Horror_Movies_Editor; 12/22/10 07:56 PM.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I think some of the sentiments voiced here are based on societal norms but societies evolve. Who knows? Perhaps in the not so distant future, most men will wear cosmetics that go beyond mere skin care.

If you look at nature's examples, the males are the ones who need to be flamboyant to attract mates while the females are plain to blend in with the environment to hide from predators. There are more females than males in the human population so females need to do the attracting.

All male models, actors and television personalities wear make-up to bring out their features. Just like female models, male models wouldn't seem so gorgeous without make-up. You know, the mascara to darken their lashes, tinted lip balm to moisten their lips, concealer to mask their acne. Well, maybe the exception is Mario Lopez. I saw him and his adorable dimples in real life and he is just as flippin' cute as he is on tv.

As for me? I tell people that I wear make-up as a public service so I don't scare little children and small animals on the street. Some men might want to do the same.

Last edited by Chi-Japanese Food; 12/22/10 08:17 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
LOL - perhaps some guys should be made to wear make up j/k

It's true though, I think we're one rare animal where the female strutts her stuff more than the male. Peococks are a brilliant example, the males are beautiful - and the females are slightly gross - they could do with some lippy LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Elephant
Elephant
I use things like clear mascara to help with my bone straight lashes going into my eyes, an eyelash curler (heated), tinted suncreen, excellent skincare products like a good cleanser, toner, and moisturizer.

I defy my age because I take care of my skin. Cosmetics for men have come and gone through the ages. No man should be ashamed to look their best.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.