logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6051 05/31/04 02:23 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I finally got another betta! Yay! He's in a 2 gallon tank with a flourecent light, gravel, three plants, a small ornament and a heater. No filter tho, although I have one I can put in if I need. Right now I have put a single froggie in with him.

On a side note, Mr. Frog is very skiddish and doesn't like it much when Mr. Betta swims right up to Frog's rear end and hovers there, just staring at him. 0_o Weird fish. Although, he does that with lots of things, rocks, gravel, floaty bits in the tank. Anything he's curious about. Just sorta glides over, real slow like, and then gets his nose right close to it, almost touching. He'll stare until his curiosity is satisfied. Very cute : )

I think the betta is tollerating the frog not badly, although they've had a few minor problems so far, mostly just skiddishness and flaring tho. Geeez... there goes the betta, he just did it again. I think he's under the impression there's a game of hide-and-seek going on. He keeps invading the frog's favorite hiding spot and just hovering till the frog gets creeped out.

Anyway, I'm really wanting to put in a second critter. Although I'd love to, I'm thinking platys or guppies are no good, cause at most I could put in maybe one and they do prefer the bigger groups, ne?

So I was thinking maybe another frog, or put the current frog into another tank, and put two cory cats in with the betta instead, or alternately two shrimps. Will any of these be too much for the 2 gallon??

What's going on??

I dunno. I'll ask.
WhHHaaAAAAAAAATTTs GooiiiNGG OooON?!

What's he saying?

This one's a little trickier... He's either saying, 'it's time to move to the back of the throat' or, he wants a strawberry float.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
a guppy or platy is okay with being alone, they are not schoolers like tetras, but they do need a filter.

bettas will eat shrimps, but most of us see this as okay. A cory cat or otto or another frog would be fine, but that's the limit for your 2 gallon.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
mm... something to think about then. Thanks : )

What's going on??

I dunno. I'll ask.
WhHHaaAAAAAAAATTTs GooiiiNGG OooON?!

What's he saying?

This one's a little trickier... He's either saying, 'it's time to move to the back of the throat' or, he wants a strawberry float.

Moderated by  Mary_Betta_Fish 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.