Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
The East Coast Native Community is VERY interconnected. Artisans, Elders and Spiritual Leaders are known from Southern FL all the way up to Maine. Several of the vendors who attend our little Pow-Wow in Southeast GA travel the entire Eastern Coast each year and have friends in every state.

Vendors at Pow-Wows and other gatherings have a wealth of knowledge you may benefit from. Find some local events and take the picture with you. Several of the vendors we know go North for the Summer and then return South for the fall Pow-Wow season. This may be the perfect time for you to attend an event and meet someone who may know or have knowledge of this wonderful woman. If you keep it brief, courteous, and respectful the majority of vendors will help in any way they can. And if not, they will refer you to someone, and the referrals will keep coming until you find her.

Good luck, and I hope you will find information soon to lead you back to her.

Last edited by lcp012586; 06/03/10 11:10 AM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Here's an example of just how interconnected the vendors are. We attended a very small gathering in SC a few years back. I was wearing the yoke my friend gave me and a choker my husband had given me as an anniversary present. I knew nothing about these two pieces, but cherish both.

We walked up to one vendor and he asked where I got my yoke. He was fairly sure he knew who made it. A lady in TX and he described how she used bent flat head screwdrivers to create and burn the designs into garments made from old recycled leather coats. I was amazed!

Shortly afterwards we approached another vendor and she said, "You have one of Hildie's pieces! Where did you get that?" She was pointing at my choker. It has quills instead of hair pipe beads and has a medallion, beads on leather, surrounded by a small braid of sweetgrass. Very unique and I've never seen anything like it before or since. She knew the artist who lives in New Hampshire and doesn't travel further south than CT. When I told her it was purchased down in GA, she was amazed!

We went to this gathering for one purpose, to take some friends who had never attended one. I was in a small rural area of SC with maybe 1000 people, and yet I got information from TX and NH.

You never know what you can learn or how you will be blessed at a Pow-Wow. It continually amazes me.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
MysticEyes, yes it would be nice if you keep us posted. lcp has some good ideas and knowledge about these kind of things.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
OP Offline
Thank you so much Icp, I will try to find something local and will do just as you said. I had been thinking about it anyway, but now that you've shared that fantastic story of your Pow-Wow in SC (incredible, by the way!), I feel a even more hopeful than before. Thank you so much.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Check out the Pow-wow and events topics in this forum. Phyllis has some great links for websites that list events and dates. Hopefully, there will be one near you soon.

Don't get discouraged if there is no information at the first event. It will come, as you have asked for it.

Keep us posted.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.