logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
It's true that we all boil at different points and have various triggers that set us off in a form of "road rage" in our own homes and offices. However, all these stressors share a common point - they all depend on perception. Stress is really not external, but internally driven. Since we all tend to make up a story about the facts, let's make up a good story, one with a happier plot line. Here are a couple of coping points about stress management I hope will make you smile:

I set the alarm clock to wake me up five minutes earlier to give me time to get a sense of control about my day and collect my thoughts.

When I wake up in the morning, I'm happy that I am above ground.

I accept the premise that life is a series of recoveries. Each stressor I face raises my stress threshold for the next one. I thoroughly enjoy the interim between stressors.

Since this is gardening season and I am an avid gardener (creativity is a great antidote to stress), I wish my readers this blessing: "May you bloom where you are planted!"

Debbie Mandel, Stress Mgmnt EdStress Mgmnt Site Stress Mgmnt Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
How incredibly interesting that you said, "May you bloom where you are planted." In a session with one of my cardiac rehab patients, he would like to challenge his stress awareness each day by asking himself, "How is my bloom today?"

I agree with you that how one thinks about life, or a particular situation...how one chooses to frame a situation is an important stress management technique. A very good one.

Thank you for the words you wrote that offered me an opportunity to remember in gratitude a dear soul.

Cathi

Last edited by BellaOnline; 06/16/10 05:55 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love that thought. We each are in very different circumstances in life. Someone who is moving a lot might wish to be in one place. Someone who is in one place might dream about moving. We should all find ways to find peace with where we are - and also to work towards our goals.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.