logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone, I seem to have similar taste as an aquaintance friend of mine in just about everything. So the dilema i am having here is that I love love love a certain name and unfortunately it is the same name as her son. the good thing is we would call our son by a nickname whoich her son doesnt share and the better news is we rarely see each other but our town is small so we are bound to bump into each other at some bday parties and such. Should we go for it still? its one of the only names my hubby and I can agree on and who knows how long we will be living in our town anyway? Also, if i choose it, and she gets upset, what should I tell her? I know this seems so stupid and cady. I really dont see a prob with using a name that others like as well, but some people can get wierdly territorial, you know?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
That happened to me. After I named my son, an aquaintance named her son the same name. After I named my daughter, a friend of mine named his daughter the same name.

I found it flattering. They loved the name that I loved.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If she gets weird about it, shame on her for being so shallow. If she says anything to you about it, thank her for the great idea, tell her that you love the name, and tell her that she started a trend!

S
Shark
Shark
S
The same thing happened in our family. My son picked out Benjamin and my niece picked out the same name. They discovered it at before the babies were born. No problems though. It happens.
Sundancer
Embroidery Fashions Boutique
Mke's Sporting Goods

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks guys! I appreciate you taking the time to rite me and share your experiences too :0)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.