logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#601054 05/18/10 03:46 PM
D
OP Offline
D
hi im new here. i am a 20 yr old female and i have been diagnosed with depression and ptsd. i am on celexa 20 mg(slowly coming off) xanex .5 four times a day geodon 40mg(slowly coming off) lamictal 200 mg and they recently put me on tegretol(not sure how much).i was looking up some of the symptoms i have had and thyroid disorders came up. i asked my mom if anyone in our family had thyroid problems and she said her aunt and cousin. the symptoms i have been expiriencing RECENTLY (within past two years) is severe depression/lack of energy, vertigo, migraine headaches, tennitus, anxiety, loss of concentration, inability to lose weight,hypnogogic hallucinations,unable to control body temp, shortness of breath, constipation heavier periods, lightheadedness,. also recently (past week) my front of my throat has been painfull to the touch and its uncomfortable to wear tight shirts. i did have high chloresterol but i havnt had it cheacked in a while so i dont know how its doing. so the two questions i have are 1) do you think i could have some type of thyroid problem or that its all gotta do with my meds? 2) if i have a test done how will i go about it? because i am on the tegretol it can screw up the results so i dont know what tests if any i could have. should i come off of the tegretol? i have a VNG test on wednesday and then a dr appointment right after. what should i do? need help ASAP!!! please and thank you *erin*

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
OP Offline
D
today i went to my dr and i told him what i thought. he looked in my charts and said that they had checked my tsh levels in 2005 and 2008. (i think the levels were .9 and 1.3 ish but i dont know which yr each number was)and he also had checked my iron levels (because i was low in 2006 so he checked in 2008) and they were fine. he said that since its been two years he would do a blood test and have me get(i think)an ultra sound of my thyroid gland. i go for the ultrasound tomarro and i think i will have my blood drawn friday. he said the medicine shouldnt affect the blood levels (but i think he's wrong) well wish me luck

F
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
F
Ask if you can get a full thyroid panel, including Free T3 and Free T4. Find out what your results are with the ranges and share with the group if you'd like. If he insists on doing just TSH make it clear that if your TSH is anywhere near as high as 2 YOU insist on his doing further testing. Good luck!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.