Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
You'd be surprised what jewelry you can make with inexpensive white plastic buttons. Supplies - Buttons, White Plastic

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
Hi, I had checked your article link, and know about white plastic. Thanks for sharing..

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
That is a cute bracelet. Did you use a magnetic clasp and is it secure enough for a bracelet?

J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
Hi, Clark. You're very welcome. smile

J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
Hi, Angie! I did indeed use a magnetic clasp, but I wouldn't do it that way a second time. In fact, I might switch out the magnetic clasp for a lobster clasp or something more secure. I tend to snag bracelets on just about everything, and the magnetic clasp just flies open in that situation.

Koala
Koala
Have you ever seen the wreaths made with buttons? I keep thinking about making one. Also I saw somewhere on the net where people had taken the florist cones and pined buttons on them with fancy straight pins and theywere really neat looking.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
Hi, ConnieM, I have not seen those, but would really like to. I'm going to have to go looking for some photos on the internet. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Koala
Koala
I bought a cone last year but didn't get around to making a tree. I have a pretty big stash of vintage buttons!

~anonymous~
J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
The good thing about those generic plastic white buttons is you can use them as the foundation of a crafts piece and then use the vintage buttons here and there as accents, and you get more mileage out of fewer vintage buttons.

Koala
Koala
I have a shoe box full of the generic type buttons. The place I get mine from is like a second hand store. The lady buys things at garage sales and sometimes people bring things in for trade. She has a plastic heavy duty storage bin that is full of buttons. I have spent hours digging through it. My kids won't even go in there with me anymore unless I promise not to look at the buttons! I never thought much about buttons before but they really are neat. I make charm bracelets out of them and have sewed some on a couple of little quilts I made. I have a shelf dedicated to them in my craft room.

~anonymous~
J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
A second-hand store! That's a great idea. I hadn't really considered that. I'd picked up my buttons in these big lots on eBay. And, I tell you, when my packages came in the mail, some of those buttons looked like they'd been scavenged from the floor of the NYC subway system or something. I mean, it made me want to pull on some latex gloves and transfer them to boiling water before I did any crafts with them. smile At a second hand store, I could get a better look at the buttons and have more control over which grouping I wanted. Great idea, ConnieM, and thanks again for those photo links to the button trees!

Koala
Koala
I always clean the ones I get from the second hand store because they are usually dirty too! Sometimes you can buy jars of buttons at antique stores also, but sometimes they are kinda pricey! Happy shopping! Connie

~anonymous~
J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
Thanks, Connie! I'll keep the antique stores in mind if the price is right. smile

M
M
That's really good enough, but there is a problem that low-quality materials would make fine quality jewelry?

Koala
Koala
The other day I bought a button bracelet at the quilt show. They were glued to a bracelet blank and very cute. I have a couple of those bracelet blanks and might just have to make some!

~anonymous~
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
heheh wow!! that's innovative!! Nice article and bracelet!!:) At any moment if i lost one of my button.. i would not be worried coz i have many in my bracelet... haha

J
J
I have read your article.Quite interesting.Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Susan - Jewelry Making 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.