logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I think everyone loves the Irish myths and legends. My father used to talk to the Leprechauns. There are faeries, wee folk, and all kinds of mythical characters throughout the green hills of Ireland. They have been there from the beginning and still roam the green hills and glades.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hello Helen,

Hang on a second, dear, I have some photos of the Joisey Shore (exit 109) to convince your "Show Me" guy that there's more to Jersey than a comedian's sarcasm. I thank God every day for those self-same comedians, though, because it keeps (most) of the riff-raff out...that and the prices lately.

When my parents dropped down the shore via the Port of New York, they saw it as unspoiled, which it was, at the time. Living on the shore took the heartscald out of being 3000 miles from "home." Often I saw my father squint into the horizon, and not only did I know what he was thinking, but I could see what he could see: my grandmother and her hens...and all of our family. There's a flash in "Dancing at Lughnasa" (Meryl Streep) that transports me to that place and time; it's when the hen in the yard is catching drops of water from a faucet. Enough!

I will post some photos that even a Buckeye would find pretty nice. Keep the faith, Helen. It's still here, and still the Garden State!

Mary Sweeney
Irish Culture Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Mary,

3 years ago my daughter and I went back to Jersey for a week, to visit our memories. Of course, one of them was Seaside Heights. I took a bunch of pictures to show the nonbelievers here what beautiful beaches New Jersey has.

Once you spend time out here in the "heartland" you find out what a totally undeserved bad reputation NJ has. But, I'm preaching to the choir here, I'm looking forward to your photos.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish

Last edited by Mary - Irish Culture; 01/03/10 01:59 PM.

Mary Sweeney
Irish Culture Editor
Are ye home, Mary? I brought ye a c�ste milis. Got caife? smile

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 05/02/10 11:00 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Sweet cake and coffee, yum. Yes, I'm home. A quiet cuppa and a bit of cake would be very nice.

It's been a wild day. My two dogs were very upset by a lot of people outside the house today. Then my friend came in with her little dog. They all know each other well, but one of mine is a young male, rescued at Christmas. I guess he started it, but my friend's dog got me good, and I'm missing a few inches of skin on my forearm. (I will never tell her it was her baby, as it could just as well have been one of mine. It was a true accident.) Then earlier in the day, I had the young dog out. I tied him to a tree with a rope while I did some gardening. Of course the rope was wrapped around my ankle when he went off after a squirrel. Rope burn is ow.

Would you have some of this potato leek soup I made? It really hit the spot after all the excitement.

Mary Sweeney
Irish Culture Editor
I love potato leek soup, Mary.

Hope you are doing better now. what a day you had!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bee - IrishCulture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.