Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#599172 05/07/10 03:04 PM
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
What are people's thoughts about the immigration bill in Arizona? I wrote an article about it on the Independent Parties but would love to hear what others think.
Immigration Crackdown in Arizona

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Great article, Stephanie. I am definitely in favor of the immigration bill in Arizona. As a matter of fact, the other 49 states need a bill just like it.

I am not racist, I just believe that if a person is not a citizen of this country and are here illegally, then that person needs to leave and go back where he or she came from. If a person wants to live in this country, they need to apply for citizenship and go about it the right way.

Article 67 of Mexico's Population Law says, "Authorities, whether federal, state or municipal ... are required to demand that foreigners prove their legal presence in the country, before attending to any issues."

Mexico's president is totally against Arizona's immigration bill. But he doesn't show the tolerance to those in his country illegally that he expects us to show to those in this country illegally. Maybe we just need to adopt the same immigration law that Mexico has.

Last edited by Lisa - Fiction Writing; 05/07/10 06:33 PM.

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
I watched a segment today on a group of LEGAL immigrants. It was very interesting to hear their side of the story. They are all totally for the law. They believe that if they had to go through everything they did in order to become citizens, it is not right for someone else to be able to just run across a border. One of the points brought up is how some feel they have a sense of entitlement. No one is entitled to receive something just because they are struggling. Another interesting point brought up is that the illegal immigrants who are here are like a modern day type of slavery, working for much less money than someone else would. I get tired of hearing that because you believe in LEGAL immigration you are a racist. It has nothing to do with race...it has to do with obeying the law! Thanks for sharing your point.

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
Shark
Shark
Heck Yes! Amnesty just encourages others to go out and ignore the law figuring they will be exempt from prosecution too sometime in the future. I think it is high time the Feds own up to ENFORCEMENT of the law. No "political correctness" while overlooking the fact that these folks are breaking the laws and have no entitlement to any protections given to legal citizens already here. The Constitution was for American citizens, "We the People", not just anyone who shows up.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Originally Posted By: Lisa - Fiction Writing
Maybe we just need to adopt the same immigration law that Mexico has.

So many countries throw illegals into jail. An example are the three students who were hiking in the mountains along the border of Iran and crossed the border. They are still there in prison.

Last edited by Angie; 05/08/10 08:26 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
No, I don't want to just throw illegal immigrants into jail and leave them there. They just need to be sent back to their own country.

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
I think one of the big focuses right now needs to be on stopping any further illegal immigrants from entering. Then we deal with the ones who are here.

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I stand with the decision of the Governor of Arizona. If people cannot come into our country legally, they do not belong here.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
At least one other state is beginning to see that something needs to be done about illegal immigration.

EXCERPT: State Rep. Peter G. Palumbo, saying that he�s �fed up,� and �we�re all under attack� by illegal immigrants, has filed a bill mirroring a controversial Arizona law that is considered the toughest immigration legislation in the country.

R.I. lawmaker files bill that follows Arizona immigration law

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
EXCERPT: At a joint press conference in the White House Rose Garden on Wednesday, President Barack Obama and Mexican President Felipe Calderon criticized Arizona�s new law against illegal immigration.

Mexican President Denounces Arizona Law Despite Laws Against Illegal Immigration in His Own Country

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.