Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Dianne, how could you say that? LOL. Dee Wallace starred in it, I interviewed her last year - she's a fantastic actress and a lovely woman, I think a lot of the reason the movie isn't as strong is due to the ending being different (as it was a huge shock for most of the world - banned in most places.) For me personally anyway, the performances were completley on Dee's and Danny (the little boys) shoulders & I think they did an amazing job - that movie always really gets to me. I hate seeing children and mothers in danger though, it really gets to me emotionally.

I prefer to read the book too, it's funny, there are so many movies which are originally based on books and so many ppl don't know - unless the author is really famous. I watched Rosemary's Baby last night with my younger sister, she hadn't seen it before and she really liked it. Now that's a brilliant movie which is literally page for page like Ira Levins book - both of which I think are superb smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I've seen her in many movies...she is a great actress - was just not feeling her in that particular movie. Maybe I'll see if I can find it and watch it again...it's been years...Rosemary's baby too. I'll have to see if my daughter likes that one.

You know what's worse though. When they make a movie and then redo the cover of the book to show the characters that were in the movie. More sales I guess.

I'm right there with you... I hate to especially see children in danger. I watched a movie on tv the other day that started off showing off dead children that the father had slaughtered, with the father fixing himself some breakfast with the kids laying on the floor. Horrible!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, I know that movie - it's called 'The Stepfather' - it's quite a good thriller, that's the only real violence shown in the movie, though it is really disturbing. If you get a chance, check it out though (if it's the same one) it's quite a good film. There are two versions (as usual it was re-made) the re-make was quite good though. It's based on a true story (horrifically enough) it's based on a serial killer who used to get involved with Single women with families and he'd kill them all - creepy.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
You are so awesome...You must know EVERY horror movie ever made...lol...I think THAT is very cool!!!!
I could not even think of the name of the movie and I JUST saw it.
I think I saw the remade version. I would love to check out the original.
d

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thanks Dianne smile smile that really means a lot, I appreciate it. Hopefully my horror knowledge will help me with my career, I love writing for Bellaonline, and I've been writing horror fiction - so I'd love to get somewhere with that. It's my dream job to be able to write for a living smile

I thought the re-make was quite good, especially for young teens coming into the genre, because it wasn't overtly graphic and the cast were all quite strong - and pretty too (LOL).

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OK (this is as a child, right?)

As a little girl, "The Blob" had me quite horrified. I owned a little cannister of green slime and I was terrified that it was going to come to life and eat me. So I put it in the freezer with all of my Mom's groceries. She wasn't very happy with me.

Also "The Tingler" with Vincent Price

Later on when I was allowed to watch real horror movies it was "The Omen" and "The Exorcist".

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I like the blob! I've seen the original and the remake. Lol...wasn't the freezer the only thing that could stop the blob...good idea! but I could see where mom might not have been too happy...lol...

Steven, have you written stuff that we could read? I would love to read some of your works. I have always wanted to write for a living...unfortunately - I'm starting on this dream a little lat in life, but I'll get there!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I still can't watch "The Exorcist" the whole way through Michelle :), it really gets to me. I think it's because I was brought up with everyone telling me it was cursed - plus my Mum always says it. She's convinced - the first time she watched it, her father died, and the second, her boyfriend did. My best friends mother had similar experiences with it too oddly enough.

Dianne, I'm working on getting an agent at the moment, which is prooving taxing LOL. I've had a few poems, interviews and articles published, but my actual novels and screenplays are still waiting... (hopefully not for long though)

Thinking of movies that scared me as a kid, and remembering 'the Blob' made me think of 'The Birds' - I saw that very young and it really scared me - the scenes at the end where they have to sneak out of the house and Tippi goes into that room and gets attacked. It's odd how you remember things differently though, I could have sworn the location was completley different in that scene, but I vividly remembered the bunk beds LOL - probably because I always wanted one smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Parakeet
Parakeet
My mom told me that as a small child I was very scared of "Fantasia". She had to take me out of the movie theater during the "Night on Bald Mountain" scene when all the dead and demons fly up to the mountain and party until dawn. The scary music and devilish images made me cry. I must have been younger than five at the time.

Gecko
Gecko
"The Birds" by the genius of thrillers, Alfred Hitchcock, did me in. I am not sure of it was the movie or perhaps I was afraid of birds before.

I still cannot be anywhere that birds gather.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.