Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
if you have a facebook fan page for your business, do you need a blog too?

Blogs vs Facebook Fan Pages for Businesses

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko

I'm a blogging guru from way back and actually used to teach blogging to my other Associates and if you are on Facebook, that is great but it is also good to blog as well.

Proud Pagan
J
Koala
Koala
J
I think blogs and facebook pages really serve 2 different purposes so it's nice to have both. I've hooked my facebook page to my blog so whenever I do a new post, it also shows up on my FB fan page. I think it's harder to get fans to your page tho, than it is to get readers for your blog, at least that's been my experience.

Your blog is out there for anyone to read and if you seo it, many will find you through web searches. FB is a closed system where only other users will see your page too. SEO doesn't really help you on FB.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Good points, ladies! Would you say you agree with my article, then?

Gecko
Gecko

I agree with you but just remember when you blog just like creating articles, your content and key words will effect you on the engine search. You have to have a plan of action and try to stay within it to maximize your google boost.

Proud Pagan
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Maureen, that is true about Google, but i find that in my blogs (and blogs I read) I am more interested in getting lots of worthwhile content up than in SEO. I used to really care about key phrases and maximizing SEO - in fact, I used to teach people how to write for the web - but as the search engines get more organic, I've found that writing naturally does very well, all on its own.

Here is what I've decided works best these days: If your blog is on topic for a niche, google will reward frequent quality postings without having to get much involved with SEO.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Here's my experience experimenting with several blogs - An inital push on SEO and blog marketing - come up with good tags, post your blog to technorati, make comments on other related blogs, maybe some an article on one of the article marketing sites mentioning your blog, etc - can really pay off, even long term. I have a blog I did as an experiment with this that years later is still getting good hits even though I don't write anything. But ongoing SEO & marketing doesn't pay off as much as putting that time into your topic (including commenting on related blogs).

Julie

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Julie, you are very right. Getting your blog set up to be as visible as possible to search engines, right off the bat, is time very well spent. :-) And I love doing blog marketing. You have a good intro list there. Social marketing is the third leg on this stool. :-)

But nothing ever beats great, on topic content! I guess we can call that the 'seat' on the three-legged stool, in this analogy.

A great blog can pull in residual income without needing much new activity if the "stool" is in place. :-)

Julie, are you willing to share your blog links for us to see what you've done?

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
For some reason, trying to explain myself in this thread is stressing me out. So I am going to back out of this one. :-)

Parakeet
Parakeet
The blog where I tried doing a lot of pre-setup and then left it is http://dogbodylanguage.blogspot.com. Two blogs where I was regularly doing on topic blog posts at about the same time but didn't do much in the way of marketing was http://misspico.wordpress.com and http://blog.orangerugyarn.com. The former always/still gets more hits (and ad revenue).

Julie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.