Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I agree with Phyllis to a certain extent. Everyone is here to aid in our soul development. But we can take a slower or longer or more complicated road, if we choose, and others can help put us on those roads.

And then, there are others who help us along a higher or easier path--and those aren't necessarily the same. Sometimes, the hardest paths are the ones that lead to faster and higher soul development. Often, we make pacts with other souls to come down to aid in each other's development and they aren't always loving and supportive from an earthly perspective.

It helps me to approach everyone as a soul mate and work from love rather than fear. Every relationship offers an important life experience and lesson.

But since we're talking about soul mates in a romantic sense, I think it's good to trust your feelings and intuition. Do you love him/her? A deep gut feeling of love that isn't influenced by any other worldly criteria? A love that you'd follow into the gutter as well as into a mansion because all that matters is that you're together? An unconditional love with no strings? Does your partner feel it, too?

Some people mistakenly believe that true soul mates will recognize each other instantly, but it isn't always so. We're all in different states of evolution and we may meet when we're in a stage when we don't fully recognize each other. Sometimes, we meet, we grow and only then our eyes open wide enough for us to recognize each other!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Lori Chidori - Marriage
I agree with Phyllis to a certain extent. Everyone is here to aid in our soul development. But we can take a slower or longer or more complicated road, if we choose, and others can help put us on those roads.

Very true, Lori. Everyone in our life aids us in some way to develop and grow spiritually.

And then, there are others who help us along a higher or easier path--and those aren't necessarily the same. Sometimes, the hardest paths are the ones that lead to faster and higher soul development. Often, we make pacts with other souls to come down to aid in each other's development and they aren't always loving and supportive from an earthly perspective.

I agree. Good or bad, we learn from each other. If we recognize that each person who comes into our life is a teacher, then we learn to either accept and grow -- or disagree, avoid, let go, which still helps us to grow.

It helps me to approach everyone as a soul mate and work from love rather than fear. Every relationship offers an important life experience and lesson.

This brings up the question of "What is a Soul Mate?" See my definition below.

But since we're talking about soul mates in a romantic sense, I think it's good to trust your feelings and intuition. Do you love him/her? A deep gut feeling of love that isn't influenced by any other worldly criteria? A love that you'd follow into the gutter as well as into a mansion because all that matters is that you're together? An unconditional love with no strings? Does your partner feel it, too?

So true! I would walk with my soul mate to the ends of the Earth and face whatever comes our way with him by my side.

Some people mistakenly believe that true soul mates will recognize each other instantly, but it isn't always so. We're all in different states of evolution and we may meet when we're in a stage when we don't fully recognize each other. Sometimes, we meet, we grow and only then our eyes open wide enough for us to recognize each other!

I agree. Some people do recognize their soul mate instantly, others do not.

How do you define the term "Soul Mate"?

This is how I define Soul Mate:

Soul mates have traveled on many journeys through time together in a bond of love that is for eternity.

Soul mates have a spiritual connection with each other that is far greater than any other bond or connection with other people.

Soul mates are part of each other. It is like one soul that is not complete without the other half. My soul mate is a part of me and even if we are not together physically in life, we still have that spiritual connection. When not together in life (maybe each is married to another person) they still have that spiritual line of communication whether they recognize it or not -- this may be why some people, although happy in a relationship, still feel that "something is missing" in life.

Because we each are on different levels of spiritual growth, soul mates may not recognize each other physically, yet the spirit does recognize and when the two people come together there can be an instant like and a feeling of comfort.

Soul Mates do not always marry and live together for life. We may have other relationships that are meaningful and lasting, yet the couple may not be "soul mates". They may have been together in a previous life as friends, siblings, or other relationships.

Even though soul mates may not live together for life in each life, their last life on Mother Earth is together as one.

People reincarnate in groups, usually in the same roles, sometimes in different roles. The "soul mates" always have that "spiritual recognition and bond" that draws them together in love, often a profound and unconditional love. Because we reincarnate in groups, I often refer to my significant soul mate as my "Twin Soul". smile

What is your (anyone) definition of "soul mate"?

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 02/25/11 08:41 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Phyllis and Lori, these last posts are amazing, and so true. Thank you.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

OP Offline
Thanks, Francine. Lori and I usually come pretty close in our belief systems and it is such a joy to read her posts and interact with her.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Phyllis, I feel that way about YOU and YOUR posts! You know I feel a deep connection with you. It is a joy and blessing to me.

I have to tell you that sometimes, *my* soulmate brings out the worst in me, perhaps in order for me to face my faults that hide in the shadows and root them out. He does this through his own faults which makes it hard for me to focus on my weaknesses at the time because it's too easy to blame the other person for starting problems! Sometimes, I don't like him very much at all. People think that you will always be madly, magically in love with your soul mate every step of the way. Not so. Sometimes, it is so so hard to evolve!

My soulmate, however, has provided the most opportunities for soul growth. Painful, joyful growth. Self-mastery is our greatest life challenge.

But with each victory, our love grows, too. He is my greatest teacher, my greatest friend and my greatest lover.

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Gosh, been on and off these forums all day and it is my first day! Off of work today and enjoying it. Anyhow, yes I met the person I do not want to be without in my life. We have been together for 5 1/2 years and I love it. We are best friends and sweethearts.

OP Offline
Phyllis, I feel that way about YOU and YOUR posts! You know I feel a deep connection with you. It is a joy and blessing to me.

Thank you, Lori! You and I do have a deep connection that is also a joy to me. You are a good friend to have in my life.

But with each victory, our love grows, too. He is my greatest teacher, my greatest friend and my greatest lover.

See, you and I are very much alike. In a poem I wrote about my soul mate I noted that:
He is my eternal love, my teacher, my friend, my king
He leaves my soul wanting for nothing.

Although he and I are not together physically in this life, our spiritual bond is and always will be strong. For reasons we may not have chosen ourselves, we have separate lives, separate paths in this life -- or, maybe we did choose these different paths for the sake of others, which will only make our spiritual love stronger.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 04/03/11 06:04 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Amoeba
Amoeba
If you have met your soulmate, does that mean that you barely fight or argue with each other?

OP Offline
Not necessarily. Soul mates can and will have disagreements just like any other couple -- but, they may have a deeper understanding of each other so can easily reach agreements.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
D
DrJ Offline
D
so how do you all end up together? I am currently long distance with the love of my life and he wants me to move to his city (in my own place with my own job, however) how to I tell the fam?

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.