logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
That is so wonderful, Ian. You must be very happy together.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Reading stories about soul mates warms my heart... but it is a bittersweet agony for me because although I have met many soul mates throughout this lifetime... I long for the One who has filled my dreams for nearly 17 years. I began dreaming about him 13 years before I met him. I first met him in 2006. We almost collided into one another in the grocery store, our eyes locked immediately, we were standing so close, softly he whispered, "hi". I can't remember if I said Hi out loud or only in my mind. As we stood there smiling at one another, our eyes never lost focus, for the first time in my life I experienced a moment without the confines of time, heaven and earth stopped as the hands of time ceased to turn. Although it was only seconds, it seemed like an eternity that I stood there before him. His eyes... those cool, almost transparent pools of aqua blue seemed to reach into the depths of my soul. Suddenly, I snapped back to reality when he whispered, "you first" as he motioned for me to go in front of him. As I walked past him, our gaze still locked, I felt almost engulfed in a whirlpool that seemed to swirl around us. As I shopped, I kept watching for him, peeking around displays and hoping to catch another glimpse of him without being so obvious as to get caught. Never before had I been so intrigued by another human being, I did not understand my reaction to him but I definitely liked it. Although the realization of who he was did not come immediately, within 5 minutes of leaving the store, I had a shocking revelation as I saw, in my minds eye, all those years of dreams of the 'mystery man', as I called him, suddenly there was no mystery, he was the man in the grocery store. For a brief moment in time we came together... the timing was off, I was just getting divorced and he was in a rocky relationship. We parted paths, I left the state for two years. Now I am back. Since my return, I have seen him repeatedly - as if the entire universe is pulling us back together, I seem to always be in the right place at the right time without giving it/him/me/us any thought. It just happens. Usually - its from a distance - and each time the feelings come rushing back. Those old familiar feelings of being swept away in time, heaven and earth standing still, nothing exists except him and I. He recognizes me. He stares, I feel him stare but I haven't got the nerve to look into those crystal clear blue eyes. My heart aches but I fear the timing may still be off. Can my heart survive knowing the truth? Can my heart survive NOT knowing the truth?

Last edited by SoulSeeker; 10/26/10 09:46 PM.
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
SoulSeeker.....I don't know how you can stand it after all these years, not knowing if the two of you can ever have a relationship. It does seem that the both of you are destined to be in each other's presence again and again.

Maybe he is afraid just like you are that circumstances just aren't right for a relationship, but how will you know for sure if you don't explore the possibilities? Even if there is no way that the two of you can be together, isn't it better to know that after all this time than to endure the torture you are in right now?

How about the next time you see him just walk right up to him and ask him out for coffee? You can say, "Isn't it something that we keep running into each other?" See where it goes from there. At the very least you will get some reaction from him, and hopefully maybe a conversation that will make things more clear for you.

Good luck to you. Please keep us posted.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Amoeba
Amoeba
How do I stand it? I'm not sure. It's not an easy thing to endure. Every time I see him, I just want to rush up to him but recently, there have been barriers/obstacles. He's going one way, I'm going the other. I pull into a store as he is pulling out. I turn a corner a block away when I see him turning the opposite direction one street over. Although we are basically being forced into each others paths... those paths aren't quite connecting yet. One day last week, I waited in traffic for what seemed like forever, as soon as I got a break in traffic to pull out, I looked up and noticed he was right in front of me. I got in the turn lane at the same time he did (odd). As soon as he turned the corner, he stopped his truck - - blocked me from proceeding further as an SUV was coming in the other lane, I was basically 'stuck' waiting. As he came around the back of his truck, I quickly glanced in his direction and saw he was looking directly at me! I get so nervous around him. It's easier said than done to walk up to him... I freeze, my mind goes blank, words do not come out of my lips. I am lost in the moments... BUT once we are to the point of actually talking, it feels as natural to me as breathing. I think instead of walking straight up to him and asking him out..............!!! lol I would be more comfortable just saying, HI at first. It seems that he has always 'led' in initiating contact, I patiently wait. Perhaps an 'oops' meeting like our original encounter would work?

Amoeba
Amoeba
A couple of other things... I am trying to remain open and sensitive to the gentle nudges so I don't miss anything... but most of the time when I run into him it is because I am out and about - - - because of a 'sudden' necessity. Sometimes I will have to drive to a town 25-30 miles away and I will run into him!! I can never guess where he will be at any given time........... yet these 'chance encounters' keep popping up.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Soul Seeker, I was also afraid to proceed into a relationship. Mine was a bit different, since we were co-workers and became good friends. I was so afraid to move to the next level, since if the physical relationship went sour, I was afraid that I would lose my friend.

Thirty-plus years later, we are still great friends, but we have been married since 1979. I found the only man that I could marry, and was able to make the leap of faith.

I wish you the very best, and hope that the universe nudges you into your perfect direction.

May all of your days have blessings,
Connie

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Amoeba
Amoeba
Connie, Thank you for those words of encouragement!! It's as if I am being pulled toward him, drawn in by him.. I believe the universe has been pushing things in that direction, especially since I came back here. I have been going through these chance encounters since the very first week I got here. I'm nervous about talking to him, but I know when the chance arises, I will be ready. I just need a little courage to help me along the way. =) I wish he was here right now! I would have a lot of things to tell him =) and I wouldn't be so afraid to talk to him. Tomorrow may be a different story though lol

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Who can't use another good friend?

I went through something similar in my early 20's. I kept running into my first "love."

What's interesting w/this anyway was that he lived 45 miles away. It would always be in traffic too and the place or city we would run into eachother was a city in between his hometown and mine.

So, at the wierdest hours and by the oddest compulsions (I hated going out btw) I'd be prompted/antsy and get in the car and just go somewhere. On more than a few occasions I'd run into him. I'd know it was him too, just in case it was my imagination because he had unique license plates.

Boy I wish I could post those plates too...such a funny story! He had just got a new set of friends, money, "extra curriculars" and car and had custom plates, but his initials, which he didn't quite think out, together, were quite a feminine slang...

We had separated but one night he brought the car over to show off basically and the first thing I noticed was his plate when I read it out loud.

He whaled..."Oh no.....I have to get that fixed!"

But anyway, if you keep running into eachother, there's something ther or it wouldn't be happening. There's nothing to lose if you don't have it already so why not just laugh and approach him one day and say, "We have to quit meeting like this..." and see what happens?

No matter what type of relationship we're in, who can't use another good friend? And what I've come to know of just your posts and openess, he'd be lucky, anyone would, to have such a grounded Soul in their lives! smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Amoeba
Amoeba
Eleise, That was an incredibly sweet thing you said! That started my morning off perfectly... thank you! About him - - I know I must work up the courage because at this rate, I feel as if we are going to 'bump' into one another. This, I feel certain of. I just don't know when or where (and I hope my hair isn't a mess - - and I haven't been working in the yard all day) =) lol But from what I know of this experience, I don't think it would matter to anyone except ME how messy my hair looks. I'm thinking by now, he must think I am a stalker! I'm no where near that crazy, actually, I'm totally opposite. I just hope he, on some level, realizes it's chance and not ME initiating it. That's a cute story about the license plate, wish you could share 'details' because I'm sure it would be hilarious... but I understand that you can't. =) Are you two still friends? Together?

OP Offline
SoulSeeker, you seem to be in a similar situation as I am. I fear that if I step up and make known my feelings I would lose a very good friend. My predicament is: do I want to take a chance and let him know how I feel -- or do I want to keep things as they are to at least keep him in my life as a dear friend?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.