logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
How did you recognize that he/she was your soul mate?
Are you together or is it a long distance relationship?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Yes, I've met my soulmate! I recognized him because the second I laid my eyes on him, he literally took my breath away...and it was the same for him.
At first we had a long-distance relationship and even through the distance, we felt the "connection". It's been over 3 years we are married and every day I wake up feeling happy I'm with my soulmate.
I know they don't come often and some people never meet them, that's why I appreciate it even more.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
When we were introduced, he asked me if I had an article in Tropical Fish Hobbyist that month. Yes. He said he had read it in a client's house earlier that day. It was my first article ever published. What are the odds?

When we met again, several weeks later, I was having an exceptionally bad day---it was the anniversary of my mother's death---and I heard an Irish accent whisper in my ear from behind, "What's wrong, Mary Ellen?" So I told him.

It was a blue moon, and when we were climbing off the rocks at the beach from where we had watched it rise, I fell and hit my head on a rock. He was aghast, and blamed himself for not going down before me to give me a hand. (As if...I was a goat on the seawall, and tidepooling a childhood preoccupation.) I was delighted. I had escaped death twice that day.

He still doesn't know, but I was so depressed before he whispered to me that I was going to throw myself off those rocks because I felt so unloved.

I have never felt unloved since.

Not even when we disagree.

Happy Easter!

Last edited by Mary - Irish Culture; 04/04/10 11:04 AM.

Mary Sweeney
Irish Culture Editor
Gecko
Gecko
These two stories sound great - maybe I'm eady to dip my toes in the dating pool again.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I am married to my soul mate. We were attracted at first site but it took us both a lot of hard work to achieve the relationship that we have.
It took showing love before we felt it. It took me praying that God would enable me to love my husband the way He loved him.

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 04/04/10 01:18 PM.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
On April 29, we'll be 21 years married. The "lightning bolt" lasts, especially in mature couples. I wouldn't expect that kids would have much luck with "love at first sight," but two old fogeys like us, well, we knew it when we saw it; and we knew it was what we'd been searching for. Exactly that.

Mary Sweeney
Irish Culture Editor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
If that's what you feel, take the plunge! It's Spring! The waters have been known to be good for the soul.

Mary Sweeney
Irish Culture Editor
OP Offline
I think I have found him - in fact, I am sure of it. Whether or not we will come together remains to be seen. We are a few states apart.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
My husband and I met in a dream when we were only young children, five and eight years old. We sat in a Japanese hot tub, playing happily together with such a sense of joy and peace. We had this same dream for three days. When they stopped, my husband said he felt so lonely and despondent.

Nearly two decades later, he walked into my office and when we set eyes upon each other, there was a tangible feeling in the air (a co-worker asked me, "What the heck happened out there?")There was an umistakable draw to him. He was so appealing that I wanted to rush into his arms and kiss him. I heard something whisper to me, "How would you like to be married to this man?" I shook off that nutty thought as I just ended a long relationship. He called to ask me out and we had a hard time parting ever again. He asked me to marry him three days later.

I told him I had a love of baths, especially bubble baths, and wanted him to take one with me. He cried in the tub and told me about his dream. I was that little Japanese girl and he was my little blond friend.

This year, we celebrate our 25th anniversary. Are we soulmates? Yes! Yes! Yes! Although being soulmates does not imply a smooth road, but partners who will help each other grow. Growth has been painful but grow we have.

We still are so madly, wildly, passionately, eternally in love. We have three children. We buried one and soon another. We used to drive each other crazy and get so mad and sick of things and yet, we loved each other so what could we do but stick it out together? Accept each other as is. He is the most wonderful man on earth, my everything.

Soul mates forever.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
That's one heck of a story Chi. Good for you, dear!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.