Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I myself remember being quite scared of 'Return to Oz' and then I somehow saw 'The Omen 2' and was really scared of it. A few Disney cartoons unsettled me a bit as well smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
As a child we were not allowed to watch scary movies. That would never happen these days!!! As a matter of fact, the first scary movie I remember was one of the Halloween movies...in highschool... How sad is that?
Hitchcock's Pyscho was definitely one for me and to this day I STILL peek through my fingers during the shower scene...lol...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Koala
Koala
The Dark Night of the Scarecrow did it to me! My mom said she was really sorry that she let us watch that one!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I was very very frightened by a movie that I think was called "The Bloody Hand"... sometime in the late 1960s, when I was just a little girl. I'm not sure if I have the title right, and I haven't seen it since. All I remember is a dark, brooding movie that showed a close-up picture of a bloody, dripping hand... the hand made me so frightened that I insisted that my dad and I leave the theater. The only time to this day that I had to leave a movie theater because I was scared of the movie! *AJ*

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Dianne - I still love Psycho - that's gotta be one of the best movies ever made. I love Hitchcock. Never heard of that movie A.J.
Conniem - I think they could've made the scarecrow much scarier - he's amazing in the comic books.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
We were watching TV the other night and my daughter actually saw the movie "Christine" for the 1st time. Considering the movie was made in 1983 (I think) and she was born in 1992...(besides being horrified that she thought it made her old - yeah all of 18) - anyway she actually thought it was funny what people were so scared of back then. She didn't find anything horrifying about the movie and I remember seeing it back then. It's funny what was so scary back then can be so funny now.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I never found Christine scary in your daughters defence LOL - I think it works extremley well as a book, but it can't adapt well into a movie - not that I think the movie is comical. Horror was much better in the eighties, you should sure your daughter some classic scary movies smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I actually liked the book as well. The same with the movie Cujo, better as a book - not so much so as a movie. Sometimes the scare gets lost in the transfer to film.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, I agree - it's very rare you get a good book to movie transaction, I think a lot of Stephen King's movies have worked, such as Carrie & Misery - I think Cujo is brilliant, but it's more disturbing and upsetting than scary, mind you I thought the book was more upsetting than anything else - I think I sobbed my heart out through the entire second half of that book LOL

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I think the Cujo movie for me might have been different with a different female lead. When a lot of the movie is centered around one thing, like the car... I thought it needed a stronger actress. I can't think of the woman that starred in it, even though I can see her face vividly.
Carrie and Misery - I definitely agree.

I personally prefer to read the book first then see the movie. When I see the movie first then read the book, I find myself skipping through the book trying to find "pieces" of the movie - strange, I know...lol...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.