Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#583490 02/08/10 06:09 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Aloha all!

Does anyone have any recommendations for upcoming articles? I want to write what you want to read, so let me know smile

Annie

Annie-Hawaii
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
How about restaurant reviews?

I know when I visit out-of-town the majority of what I eat is at restaurants, and hearing where the best places to eat from a local would be fantastic advice!

(There used to be a place called "Chuck's" in Mililani that was absolutely wonderful, and "Auntie Pasto's" near the University in Honolulu that was always packed. Are they still in business?)

Last edited by Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd; 02/09/10 09:36 AM.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your response! Good idea, I have yet to write about food.

I don't know about Chucks, but Auntie Pasto's is still in business. A friend of mine used to work there and has told some unflattering stories about their kitchen!

Annie-Hawaii
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
My main concern about going back is the cost of inter-island transporation. What are the best ways to island hop?

Also, I want to know the less-touristy attractions. Best hiking trails, etc. A list of all free things to do. What about local legends, superstitions and etiquette rules to follow?

What about eco-travel opportunities? Volunteer vacation ideas.

What about an article about the pros and cons of relocating to Hawaii? Hawaii politics. Hawaii celebrities. Hawaii history. The Hawaii economy. Hawaii agriculture. Hawaii geography and weather. Disasters. Oceanography. Hawaiian royalty.

Just interesting facts or trivia about Hawaii.

I love Hawaii.

A
OP Offline
A
Wow, these are all fascinating topics! Thank you so much for your input. I love your ideas.

As for hiking - I will certainly write more about hiking, but I have already written about my favorite trail, Mt. Ka'ala. It is totally off-the-beaten path and hard to find on west side of Oahu. It's very strenuous and will take all day. But if you're in good shape and enjoy challenges (and lots of tangled jungle) then you've gotta try it.

Annie-Hawaii
C
C
how about Hawaii blogs. the best one I know of and am following is www.trailblazerhawaii.com

A
OP Offline
A
Good question. I know trailblazer, and agree that it's a good one. Here a few others that I know of and like. Feel free to tell me what you think!
www.pacificreader.com
www.hawaii-aloha.com/blog
www.hawaiirama.com
www.tastyislandhawaii.com

Last edited by Annie-Hawaii; 02/24/10 03:36 AM.

Annie-Hawaii
F
F
There are several other Hawaii related blogs that are quite interesting....including (I hope) mine ;-)

Check this site:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sonia
On an island......far away!
F
F
OK, this is what I got as a reply to my earlier post

If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

I guess I need to learn how to do a UBB code post.

Sonia
On an island......far away!
R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
I'm looking for vacation property in Maui to be specific. I fell in love with the Island. But there is so much to discover and to learn.

Do you know anything about vacation realty? I'd rather own the property than rent it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.