logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I always love this thread. I was answering the my three stoogies thread and thought the heck with it I'd start a funny stories thread. I love to read them.

My sets before these three ferrets were seven each, and that got interesting. I think one of the funniest things that happened and after all the years with ferrets and I have plenty of funny stories. I love Australian Sheppard dogs. I bought a puppy. The dang ferrets kept nipping at the paws. One day the pup got smart and picked the ferret up from the non-biting end � by the tail. This pup had the ferret in mouth, by the tail, running through the house with a big grin on his face. The ferret was swinging back and forth. I went racing after them waiting for the poor ferret to clunk his head on the door or something. I finally caught up with them and removed ferret from dog�s mouth. They got along just fine after that!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I have one ferret that steals socks. It doesn�t matter if the sock is on a foot or not - she is going to steal the sock. If there is a sock and water in a room the sock ends up in the water then she drags it around soak and wet. She got caught red-handed � or is that red-mouthed this time, and she wasn�t happy about getting caught. MY sock!

O
O
At one point in time we had a kitten, named Kush, who was a mean little thing but always had my family laughing. Once she was playing with my dog(75 pound lab/hound mix) and he was chasing her around the house. The house is pretty small, and there's this wall kind of in the middle that separates the living room, kitchen, dining room and hallway. They were running in circles around this, and she would turn around every now and then to playfully swat him in the face. She was jumping all over the furniture too. I guess she wasn't paying much attention though because she jumped right off the coffee table and landed on my dogs back while he was still in forward motion. My mom and I both burst out laughing simultaneously when he just stopped midrun and she went flying off his back and ran off to hide under the couch she went missing a little while back, unfortunately.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I am so sorry to hear about Kush. They can show quite some time later so there is always hope.

I laughed my rear off when I visualized the cat flying off the dog's back smile That is perfect cartoon material!

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I was just thinking about air vents and thought of my skunk. One day inside the house I was getting warmer and warmer. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with the air. Went to investigate and this skunk was spread eagle over the entire air vent. Not letting a dribble of air get to the house. Comfy and sound asleep.

N
Amoeba
Amoeba
N
Ok, this was posted before, I thought I would cut and paste Syl's story here. :P Hope you enjoy it. One of my Macaws I had when i lived in the US was a semi rescue. His previous owners could no longer take care of him, and gave him to a exotic bird store to find a happy home for. He was slightly aggressive at first. took him three days just to step up to my fingers. I refused to force him to step up, and let him warm up to me. After taht he was a charmer, and had a wonderful vocabulary. His favorite words were shut up, and step up, and Aloha - which he said with wonderful enthusiasm. His name was Sylvester, he was a Hahn's Macaw. Just a little bigger then some conures, but he was 100% Macaw. The funniest story was when I went to the post office to pick something up, it was his turn to go for a car ride - which he loved dearly. While in the long line, there was a lady in her mid twenties with two very loud, spoiled, undisciplined children with her. They were running around yelling and screaming at each other, running through the lines - you get the picture. No one would say anything to them or the parent. for fear of geting a load of verbal abuse back from her. Well after about 15 minutes, Syl had enough, and said - in a VERY loud macaw tone; "Shut Up ... Bad Girl, Bad Girl". ( THe bad girl was a phrase he learned from Athena, my Blue and GOld Macaw.) Well, let me tell you, she spun around, and saw Syl glaring at her... The Postal employees stood mouth agape staring at Syl and myself, and the rest of the people in line were doing the same. There was a uncomfortable silence as the children clung to their mothers legs - either in fright or amazement. Then it happened, Syl turned his back on her and started laughing. Well, needless to say so did everyone else!!! Postal employees, customers, Syl and myself. The lady was dead quiet, and couldnt believe that a bird told her children off - how can you yell back at a bird? Everyone else was satisfied - they wanted to say the same thing - but we were not brave enough. Next time someone tells you birds only "parrot" or repeat bnack phrases is probably wrong. I ahve had two birds that actually knew when and how to use language, and would even hold minor conversations wtih you. :)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.