Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Say they created a Biggest Loser show to focus on whatever your weight area is. Say they created weight loss goals that lined up with whatever your goals were.

Would you go on the show?

I would love to get that personalized training and education, but I would NOT want TV cameras on me all the time.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
I'd definitely go. I'm not a fan of the outfits they make the contestants wear for weigh-in, though. I have stretch marks and flab and can hardly look at it myself! LOL I'd get over that, though for the intensity of being away from daily life and being able to work out so much.

I also think it would be a great personal learning experience for me. I'm very independent and outspoken, and also very private about my personal issues, so that would be the hurdle for me--putting it *all* out there! I'm also a strong leader in team situations, so those interpersonal things and the game-playing would be a very interesting experience.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is pretty much what Fitness Ridge in Utah is for. It's the Biggest Loser Ranch that anyone can go on. I've seen photos - the scenery around the ranch is red rock spectacular! And you get the same type of training but no TV cameras.

I'd love to go. The schedules look super fun and you get awesome healthy food.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
...lol...Deb you are so funny...I'm right there with you on the outfits though. It seems like they're made to show off every ridge and wrinkle.

I'm right there with you Lisa, I would LOVE to go - but I'm not feeling the camera's.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I found the URL -

http://www.biggestloserresort.com/

It looks like it's $1595 a week if you're willing to share a room. That seems like a lot to me - but I guess for lodging, food and tons of customized support that is reasonable!

Low Carb Forum
Parakeet
Parakeet
I've been wondering about the cost of losing weight lately, because I've realized I'm not willing to make big up front payments (such as going to a spa to get kicked into healthy habits) toward reaching my weight goal, but that that may not be very cost effective. So, I did some research today and came up with the following cost per pound for different diet plans.

When you look at these numbers, a week of intensive exercise, counseling and good eating starts to look really reasonable.

Jenny Craig - $83 (plus the added fresh foods)
NutriSystem - $63
Weight Watchers - $195
The ZONE - $130
Abs Diet - $167
South Beach - $251
5 Factor - $253
Martha's Vineyard Diet Detox - $100

A note on Weight Watchers, those numbers involve following the recommended menus, everyone I know on Weight Watchers eats more cheaply than what's on recommended menus.

Assumptions - unless otherwise mentioned in the diet, I assumed a weight loss of 1.5 lbs a week.

Sources
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Sav...nds.aspx?page=1
http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/28/diets-popular-cost-forbeslife-cx_rr_0102health.html
Google for prices of individual items needed, ie massage

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I agree completely. People put off investing in their health because it doesn't seem worth it - but then the long term damage to their budget is huge because it ends up affecting everything in your entire world.

Sometimes - especially if you are really stuck - it is very worth it to get that intensive, full-bore start on the right path which you can then follow more easily.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Anyone who would love to be on biggest loser, but don't make it, should for sure look into saving up for the Fitness Ridge. That is where Max spent a few months (Mike's other brother, in the season with the Ron Father.) I was reading his facebook updates and tweets from there, and he was really having a great time. He lost over a hundred pounds there.

Last edited by Jilly; 01/30/10 03:55 AM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
I do wish they would do a Biggest Loser with contestants who have less to lose. I'd apply. Although I wouldn't be wild about the cameras, if I lost weight on national television, I'd be super motivated to maintain it, and that's where I really have trouble.

I think in some ways it would be more interesting to watch. Although once you get into the low end of the clinically obese category, the contest itself might not work as well since I suspect some people will convert fat to muscle and not actually lose weight.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
If they can take obese women and get them down to 120 pounds, I think they should be able to get "mildly obese" women and get them down there too! Sure you build muscle - but there's no way you can be muscular enough to be obese unless you are Arnie smile

Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.