Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#581054 01/27/10 11:03 PM
P
Pix Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I am new to BellaOnline, so happy I found it. I posted my first thread under NO KIDS regarding me being confused about having children or not. My sister (40) got a baby a few months ago and I went to help her with the baby. Sometimes when I held the baby I had a feeling of complete fulfillment. Ever since then, I started to think about having children at the age of 45!!(I am aware of all the negative things that can happen etc because that is all I hear when I tell my friends that I think about it) I know all the reasons (and valued that) for not having kids. I spoke to a therapist and was told that a lot of menopausal women (don't think I am there yet) feel they missed out on something in life and want children when it it "too" late. I am so confused!!I really would like to hear your thoughts on this and also about why you have children. I l'll never be this rude in real life, asking you why you have children, and hope you realize that I am just seeking advice.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Dez Offline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I can't imagine anyone's answer being the same to this question, lol.

For me, it was a desire that I had but waited awhile. I was 28 when my first child was born, and 4 years before my second. So obviously I'm not someone who rushed into it. I've always loved kids; I did a lot of babysitting as a teenager, taking care of my nephews, etc.

Why did I have kids? I've always wanted kids, it was just a matter of when. I wanted to have kids when I was content with having done the things I felt like doing for myself, when I was ready to put myself aside a bit for someone else.

I remember as a teenager I used to say I loved kids - loved them while they were good and loved to give them back when they weren't. The best question to ask yourself if you love the *idea* of a child or the reality, lol. You can always get the best of both worlds by doting on your niece/nephew and getting all the love and cuddles and then giving them back when they are tired of it.

I'll end this way: Children are very rewarding, but never confuse that with easy or even always very lovable. I love my kids dearly, but I am convinced that God made all babies and children of all species so cute and adorable as a survival feature so they could stay alive.

Dez

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
That's a really tough decision and either way, there's no going back! Becoming a mom alters you and your life in a fundamental way. Personally, I have found my greatest joy and satisfaction in being a mom.

It's certainly not easy by any means, but it's so very worth it!

You've got to think through this decision both emotionally and logically. Will you have the stamina to cope with a baby and later a demanding toddler and pre-schooler? What about when your child becomes a teenager and you've entered your golden years?
What does your husband or partner feel about these issues? Is he ready to have a baby?

This is a decision that only you can make. Best of luck.

Kelly Aveiro
Editor-Moms Site at Bella Online
For Moms Only Advice, Inspiration & Tips For Moms Who Want to Be The Best They Can Be.

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.