Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I was really gutted to read the news that Spider-man 4 & director Sam Raimi have been scrapped, along with the enitre Spidey cast.
The new director is '(500) Days Of Summer' Marc Webb (get it) will be taking over - to take the entire thing back to high school. I love Webb's work, and I'm sure he'll do a great job, but it is a little worrying, especially considering the Raimi movies only started about 10 years ago.
Apparently, Zac Efron is lead to play Peter. The budget is going to be $80 million, which is low for this kinda movie. Spidey 3 was $240 million. Plus, I liked Dunst, Maguire and the rest.
I'm really surprised - what do other Spidey fans think? Good or bad?

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
Very bad!!! im still disappointed by the news, even though 3 wasnt the best, i loved the idea of them keeping the story moving but now that they're rebooting, its gonna start all over!!! why oh why would they want to start all over if we already knows his stories has a teenager? although i love the idea of marc webb directing. thats my opinion

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I love the idea of Marc Webb directing too, I just wonder if the action scenes will suffer because of the teen angst plot. I love Spidey though & I'm sure Marvel will be on top of their number one seller looking good. Shame to lose the cast and Raimi though frown

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I heard that one problem with keeping the original cast was that Maguire now costs too much.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I hope they at least put Gwen Stacey in this one along with Mary Jane Watson and they better put Flash (Peter's high school nemesis) in as well.

I don't care much for Zac Efron as an actor but I will keep an open mind.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I think Zac is too good looking to play Peter LOL, I like his acting though & I'm sure they could geek him up, after all, if Pete dates models and actresses he would have to be buff, plus the muscles from actually being Spidey would be there. Efron's out of the race, apparently, they're going for unknowns. I hope they don't Twilight it at all - that would suck. I hope Gwen Stacy is in it way more than MJ, all the original characters like Flash and Harry, Betty, etc. would be fun - and that they represent the characters how they were in the comics properly. I did like Tobey as Spidey but nevermind, as long as it's not like Ultimate Spider-man - that's too twisted and too young teenage, though I prefer Pete with Gwen smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Gee, Steve - we would have never guessed that you preferred Gwen, LOL! laugh

I think if they are going to redo this thing completely, coming in with "unknowns" is a good idea. that way people don't have preconcievd notions about the actors. Everyone would have kept waiting for efron to start singin and dancing! (Although I did love him in "17 Again", he proved he was more than a Disney actor).

But "Spiderman 3" was atrocious. I don't know who to blame for that film - writers? There was really no way to go back and recapture anything from that trainwreck. They slammed too many doors.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I completley disagree with you on Spidey 3 Michelle, I think everyone was way too hard on that movie. I really enjoyed it, and I honestly didn't get the huge fuss over slagging it off so much - that's the reason they're re-booting it probably. The only thing I didn't like was the fact they made Sandman the killer of Uncle Ben, plus Pete would never have forgiven him. The fans begged to have Venom in the movie & they got it, then all they did was moan - to me Venom's an annoying character with way too much hype around him. I think if they'd have concentrated on one villain it would've been better, but in all honesty - I don't see ppl's problem with that movie at all.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
You're right - they had too many villains. There was too much plot to focus on in one movie.

But they killed off 3 major villians - that's what I meant by closing too many doors. Plus they really didn't stick to the venom sotryline at all.

It is the same thing that went wrong with Tim Burton's vision of Batman - keep throwing in major villians and the pot gets too full to focus on any one thing.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
No, no no, please say you didn't just say that Michelle smile LOL - Tim Burton's Batman movies are the best. Batman Returns is IMO the best Batman movie ever, it has so many levels and the right sense of darkness combined with graphic novel - I'm surprised you're not found of it. I think when Joel schumacher got involved with Batman and Robin - he ruined the franchise for everyone, taking it back to those camp TV shows. Still, I'd rather watch any of those Batman movies, even Batman & Robin then The Dark Knight, which I feel is way too dark and serious - I hate the new Bats movies, they take themselves far too seriously - what you think? I also love Jack, he was a much better Joker than Heath (though I love his other works)

I agree on Spidey 3 - there was too many villains, I still think that everyone was too hard on it though. I've never been a fan of the Venom storyline - so I didn't like that anyway - I just didn't think it was as bad as ppl make out, like I don't think the Dark Knight is as brilliant as everyone makes out (in fact - I hate that movie, and I adore Batman - I think a lot of ppl think they should like it, especially because Heath died at the time)

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.