logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Parakeet
Parakeet
Sorry I meant "Batman Begins" when the train blows up and trashes much of the city. Also, they wasted a good villain in Ras Ah Ghul. He is a better villain in the comics and not Batman's mentor.

The 1984 Supergirl movie was terrible. It could have been better, but they had to make in a teen love story. Supergirl falling in love with some masculine boy was so dumb. Helen Slater looked the part, but the script was awful. I hope some does a better movie of her. A good Wonder Woman film would be nice too. Maybe even a movie of Black Canary, Hawkgirl or some other good female hero.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Ras Ah Ghul is awesome, but I was even more gutted over their treatment of the Scarecrow - he's one of my favorite villains in Batman's universe, and I think they could have done amazing things with him. The recent movies are just like gangsta films, with Batman as a crooked cop (and why does he have to scream in that voice? I couldn't understand anything he said in the last movie. I don't like Bale as Batman at all.

Yeah, I agree - I don't think they've treated any of the female super heroes fairly with their own movies. I liked Supergirl as a kid, and the scene where she's sent to the Phantom Zone used to scare me LOL. The only one I liked was Elektra, but even that wasn't as good as it should've been. It doesn't look like the Wonder Woman movie will ever get off the ground at this rate.

I gather you're a DC fan primarily like me though LOL - I think if they did a Supergirl movie, as she was reinvented a few years back, then that would be cool - especially if she was brainwashed by DS and fighting Superman. That would be an awesome movie I think.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Parakeet
Parakeet
Yes, I am DC fan from the 1960s to the 1980s. I stopped reading comicbooks not long after the Crisis on Infinite Earths. After Crisis they eventually destroyed or rewrote all the characters I knew and loved. They weren't the same characters anymore.

My favorite heroes were the Legion of Superheroes and the Teen Titans. I also liked Superboy, Aquaman, Metal Men and many more. Unfortunately, Marvel gets all the attention. They have gotten all the attention from the media since the late 1970s. Except for Batman and Superman few people seem to care about all the great DC characters. The DC Universe has as much, if not more, to offer than the Marvel Universe.

Last edited by Craig58; 04/18/10 01:52 PM.
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I finally saw the first (with Tobey Maguire) aftre years of thinking it looked awful (i sometimes watch movies for this reason...was wrong a few times) and I was not mistaken about this movie being horrible! Then I watched the sequel and it was worst so I never got to watch the third. I still haven't watched the reboot but that one looks to be at least better than the last three Spiderman movies so I'll give it a shot one of these days, I may even watch the third to see if it was as awful as the previous two.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.