logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Anger creates stress hormones which actually make you gain weight, or at least keep from losing it! I lost weight and exercise at the Y about 4 days a week and I know that you just need to keep at it, even if you don't feel like exercising. You feel better in the end. If I don't feel like going to a class, I go use the treadmill and take my IPod and listen to a book on it to pass the time.

I also think that about 90% of how we age and the illness and diseases we get, has to do with our lifestyle choices and to me, that is motivating -to think that I have a choice, so I choose to eat healthy and exercise.

Visualization is helpful and reading motivating books. I think if we want to change things about our lives, we have to start by changing our thoughts.

There are also websites dedicated to finding support and "buddies" out there. I really liked Spark People.com which is a totally free website where you can track exercise and calories, join forums and has lots of good weightloss info.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
One thing I wanted to add too, is that you can make a healthy lifestyle fun too. Take a healthy recipe cooking class or an exercise class that's new to you. Read books on a healthy diet and what all that sugar and processed food does to you. There are lots of websites dedicated to helping people make better choices and offering info.

To exercise, you can take hikes or go bikeriding or just get outside and walk in a pretty park. All this can be fun and you really have to make a lifestyle change, not just a temporary fix.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Aside from keeping up with Ms. Exercise Editors tips, trick, blogs etc. I also signed up for American Heart Association's Go Red for Women - Betteru program. I heard about it at the Health and Wellness Expo put on by NBC 4 in DC last weekend.

American Heart Association -Go red for Women Better U

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Killer tips healthy mom. I love Spark although I don't have time to visit anymore. People there really know how to have fun losing weight.

Great point about taking a class. That is definitely what keeps me motivated to train hard. Right now I'm taking an aerial dance class and I would not be able to do what I'm doing had I not been exercising with intensity all through the holidays. It even helped me lose 3 pounds!

Diane I am so excited for you that you signed up for that AHA program. It will totally keep you going.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

#580231 01/23/10 03:23 PM
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Also wanted to share my favorite motivation trick for eating healthy is the 60 second rule that I learned from Jayson Hunter of Carb Rotation. Before putting anything in your mouth you stop and acknowledge what you're about to do. You then ask yourself if it's going to help you get closer to your goal or further from your goal. You will either make a better choice or you won't but at least you will become more aware of how you feel when you are making those bad choices.

After a while you really start thinking about whether that piece of pie or that nasty donut or that extra glass of wine is worth it. For me the answer 8 times out of 10 is no. Ten years ago it was more like a 5 out of 10.

It's a simple and effetive way to re-train your brain to get with the program.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 01/23/10 03:44 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

S
S
Hello, Benefits of keeping a good diet are plenty like it keeps you away from tiredness and fatigue and not only that it helps to recover much more faster from injuries, it increases your immunity against diseases such that you are not prone to common flu or cold. It also keeps you active and never allows your brain to go dizzy except for night of course. By eating an optimum amount of everything is easy to digest for your stomach, in most cases living healthy lifestyle and eating the right food prevents many diseases like cardio-vascular diseases, blood pressure, diabetes and other disease to which an unhealthy body is prone to. There is one more benefit of keeping a good diet which is very important for young people i.e. it makes you slimmer and you must know how great thin feels, there is no other feeling of happiness like being thin does. It will give you a moral high and ultimate confidence, if you are attractive in shape you might also attract someone that you love or want to be together with towards you. Thanks.

K
kry Offline
K
Great info.

Moderated by  Alice - Weight Loss 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.