The FitJerk blog recently posted a killer article about Jillian Michaels and her lack of exercise motivation. Shortly after winning Health's award for America's Healthiest Body, Jillian admitted that the area she lacks discipline in the most is exercise.

Surprised? I wasn't and neither was FirJerk. Here's what he had to say about it, "The thing you need to realize is that discipline is fueled by motivation and its NOT a constant stream of awesomeness that you experience everyday. If you were to take the concept of motivation and visualize it, it would look like those spikes you see in a heart monitor, not a sloping line heading upwards. No matter who you are, you just cannot be motivated 100% of the time� it�s too much stimulus for your body to handle constantly. Think of being on speed 24/7� people would think you�re a damn whack job."

I think FJ is totally right and I would go even further and say that exercise motivation is a total myth. It simply doesn't exist for most of us most of the time which is why it's so important to either set goals or just do it and find ways to keep yourself going during the workout.

Check out FJ's exercise motivation article for more ideas. Warning to Overly Sensitive Peeps: his article includes profanity so if you're easily offended don't visit or just ignore it. I think FJ is pretty funny and makes a great point.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!