Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hello everyone!

The latest article on the Cooking for Kids site is a breakfast casserole that my family has enjoyed over many holiday seasons!

Sausage and Egg Casserole

What's your favorite holiday breakfast recipe?

smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I love casseroles for holiday breakfasts! Thanks for the recipe. We usually have relatives staying with us and casseroles are super easy to make for a crowd.

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hi HealthyMom62!

Thank you for posting! smile

I also love how easy casseroles are to make and serve to a large crowd (or to a smaller crowd with lots of delicious leftovers).

If anyone has a favorite breakfast casserole recipe, please share it with us on this thread! smile

Gecko
Gecko
We love Toad in the hole (use google for recipe) and it works for a large crowd.

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
On Christmas morning we traditionally have cinnamon rolls with icing, coffee and milk.

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
CrochetQueen, now you have me very curious about Toad in the Hole! I'm going to look it up now...

And Deb, I don't know if there is anything more delightful than cinnamon buns with icing, especially on Christmas morning!

Every time I begin a thread of this sort, I always end up craving the food that people list! grin

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
I'm bumping this thread from a year ago.

Anyone care to add their favorite holiday breakfast idea here?

I think we'll be doing the Sausage and Egg Casserole again this year. Then again, I'm craving a Sour Cream Coffee Cake myself! smile

What's on your breakfast table this time of year?

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
My mom always hosts a huge Christmas breakfast for all of her children and grandchildren. My dad would flip pancakes and make eggs to order while my mom put out the bacon, sausage, potatoes and juices.

I also bring some cinnamon rolls or a cherry poundcake.

But on Christmas Eve, I make my own family this yummy stuffed French toast made from Hawaiian sweetbread. It's stuffed with cream cheese and jam. The egg mixture has eggs, evaporated milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in it so it's more like Stuffed Eggnog French Toast. We love it! smile

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Originally Posted By: Chi-Japanese Food
My mom always hosts a huge Christmas breakfast for all of her children and grandchildren. My dad would flip pancakes and make eggs to order while my mom put out the bacon, sausage, potatoes and juices.

I also bring some cinnamon rolls or a cherry poundcake.

But on Christmas Eve, I make my own family this yummy stuffed French toast made from Hawaiian sweetbread. It's stuffed with cream cheese and jam. The egg mixture has eggs, evaporated milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in it so it's more like Stuffed Eggnog French Toast. We love it! smile

Lori, did you end up making this for Christmas?? It sounds delicious! smile

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
No, I did not. So sad. But I forgot to tell you that I add some sugar to the egg mixture, too!

I didn't get to make it as we had plans with family. But now that you bring this up again, I will make it this week!

Also, if you use one of those contraptions that cuts out two pieces of bread while sealing and crimping the edges, each stuffed toast comes out like a cute puffy round. I think Pampered Chef sells one. You can use a large biscuit cutter and then press to seal the edges yourself.

The toasts look so much fancier. And, with the leftover sides and edges, cube them and make a delicious bread pudding!

MMMM. Brandii, you always make me so hungry when I visit your forum!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.