logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Long-time registered Democrat, John F. Gaski, Ph.D., professor at Notre Dame, gives five reasons that the Democrats "don't believe they will ever have to face a real election again."
Understanding the Democrats' Scheme

Blessings,
Linda Sue Grimes
Maya Shedd's Temple
Sponsored Post Advertisement
W
Shark
Shark
W
Oh- mein kopf!!

That hurt to read because I see that as a very real possibility. There is one thing that was left off of this list that I feel is a neccessity if the Democrats want permenant power- silence the opposition.

They have been working on discrediting and getting rid of opposition for years, from Rush Limbaugh to Sarah Palin. Any who takes a view other than their own (as most facists do) must be removed from the equation.

I think the federal government will "bail out" the major networks that are failing, CNN, NBC, ABC, ect and take them over. Then they will do as they did with the other industries they "reluctantly" (as Obama put it) siezed absolute control of, and that is to grant themselves power over all businesses in that field (Fox, Talk Radio).

However they do it, they will lie as they always do and say it is for the people that they are getting rid of Rush and Beck, for they are racists who disturb the peace and promote anarchy or whatever slanderess remark they come up with next.

It just frustrates me how open these people are in their goals and how their followers don't see it. It is like being a sheep and seeing a wolf in the flock and no matter how much we point out the sharp teeth and claws of the wolf, as long as the wolf says it's a sheep, the other sheep of that party believe it. It would be one thing if the wolf was just feeding on them, but unfortunatly, it is effecting everyone in the flock.

-whoisjohngalt

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Glenn Beck does an excellent job of demonstrating the goals of this administration, but because of his constantly harping on how Republicans are as much at fault as Democrats, I'm afraid that he will actually help perpetuate the totalitarian, statist agenda take-over.

If people think there is no difference, then they will continue to vote for Dems because of their personal tradition against the nation's interests. Some folks still proudly claim they would vote for a yellow dog before they would vote for a Republican. Look at Pat Caddell, who rails against the Democrat statist policies, while still hanging on to the title "Liberal Democrat."

Third parties don't do well; most people are not politically sophisticated enough the embrace a third party that might be better than the Republican Party. And as yet, no such party exists, making the Republican Party the only hope for keeping this nation a democratic republic instead of a dictatorship.

Blessings,
Linda Sue Grimes
Maya Shedd's Temple
W
Shark
Shark
W
I agree, I don't think the third parties are the way to go. (I used to think it was the only way) I had to do a lot of considering to come to this realization. (It was mostly witnessing the media's recent embrace and encouragement of the "Tea Party" that put the final nail in the coffin in my mind. When the media supports something, it has been traditionally a bad idea.)

I wish there was a way for Beck and Rush and the others to embrace a uniformed idea for taking back the country and reforming the Republican Party to something that stands for something. The people are there, we are just waiting for a leader. The Republican Party can do its part by not selecting RINO's just because they think it will win them seats- what is the point of that?

-whoisjohngalt

Parakeet
Parakeet
The most successful third party candidate since 1900 was Theodore Roosevelt and his Bullmoose Party. Many have tried to make a third party but all have failed at having any significant electoral success. Even, Ross Perot was not a successful third party candidate.

Parakeet
Parakeet
The democrats will lose seats in Congress in the 2010 election. The ruling party always loses seats in the midterm elections. I do not think the democrats will lose the majority in the house or the senate, but their majority will not be as large.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Quote:
I wish there was a way for Beck and Rush and the others to embrace a uniformed idea for taking back the country and reforming the Republican Party to something that stands for something.

I think they are trying by just getting out the facts about the statism of this administration. I don't know about Rush, but if he equates the Democrats and the Republicans the way Glenn does, I'm afraid he'll be doing damage.

I don't know what Glenn is thinking when he does that. Sure, I agree that some of Bush's policies deviated from conservatism, especially the Medicare drug entitlement and the bailouts at the end. But Bush wouldn't have continued to explode the debt the way Obama has.

He would have let free market forces work after the initial infusion of funds and he would have insisted on repayment, as was done with the bailout of Chrylser in 1979. Remember that Chrysler repaid that loan in 1983. If Carter had still been pres, he probably would have taken over the company instead of allowing repayment--just as Obama is doing now.

Anyway, there are real and significant differences between the Democrat and Republican Parties. I guess Glenn is just trying to be "fair and balanced," but I hope people will understand his message ultimately means that it is the Democrats who will take this country into a dictatorial totalitarianism against which we will have to fight another bloody revolution to get back to our democratic republic.

Blessings,
Linda Sue Grimes
Maya Shedd's Temple

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.