Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
So what did you guys think about the TNA show and the Raw show in comparison to each other? I didn't like how Raw ended where Vince McMahon gave a cheap shot to Bret Hart, but now I'm reading that Bret Hart signed a contract that will take him until just after Wrestlemania. So if that's true, he'll be around to get things settled I guess.

I find it interesting that Jeff Hardy is in TNA now after he left WWE to give him time to heal from a multitude of injuries.

Flair in TNA...well I'm kind of sick of Flair.

Nothing personal against Orlando Jordan, but he really needs to step up his game on the charisma factor.

Hogan and Bischoff denying that they're going to run things like they did in WCW, but then the end of the show things hinted that that's what they're going to end up doing anyways.

It would be good to see Val Venis not be a jobber...don't know why WWE turned him into a jobber so quickly and for so long...I always thought he had enough ring talented and mic skills to at least be a successful mid-carder.

I think Hogan wanted to bring Savage in, but I think he changed his mind after seeing how much Savage let himself go in the last 3-4 years.

Psycho Sid is stronger possibility for TNA now that he's been hanging out with Scott Hall a lot lately. Sid is still hung up on having the rush of performing one last time in front of the much bigger crowd that WWE can provide.

I'm kind of hoping that Jim Hellwig has been privately continuing to work out and grow his hair back, so we can maybe see one last Ultimate Warrior return on the big stage, whether it be WWE or TNA. He always asks for a ridiculous amount of money though, which makes me wonder if and how NWE was able to afford him last year, or if Hellwig is actually being less demanding???

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
It would be pretty interesting to see Hellwig vs Big Poppa Pump. I think that could be a more interesting feud for Steiner than Bobby Lashley. As for the TNA Show - I couldn't see it because of the [censored] cloudy weather here prevented Dish Network from finding their stupid satellites. frown But I guess I didn't miss a heck of a lot reading the reviews so far it just seems like a NWO reunion along with Jeff Hardy - I could care less about that. But I hear A J and Kurt Angle did their usual stellar wrestling match. Those 2 are amazing. I hope the Nation of Violence (Samoa Joe) gets a chance to crush Hogan for good.Or maybe have A J Styles can beat Hogan with the Styles Clash. That would put TNA talent on the map and raise some eyebrows.

F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Big Poppa Pump wasn't part of the show for some reason, and Bobby Lashley came out with his wife as heels saying that MMA is where it's at and pro wrestling is pathetic compare to MMA, so they want out of their contract. Of course, this was a total work.

I don't think the plan for Hogan is to wrestle other than against Mick Foley.
They're going to feud for a while, but then Hogan is going to be in a "Vince McMahon" role in TNA.

I don't understand why Hogan told Jarrett that Jarrett almost ran TNA into the ground. Yes, Jarrett hooked up with Karen Angle while her and Kurt were still married, but I don't see how that affected TNA??? TNA didn't get worse when that was going on...it's debatable as far as whether it was getting better, but it definitely wasn't getting worse. Kurt admitted on Howard Stern that he cheated on Karen at one time too, so he had no right to be upset about it. This is why they probably had no problems putting it into one of their story lines.

Last edited by forcegx7; 01/05/10 11:38 PM.
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I enjoyed TNA more than the WWE and now the WWE is going to have to step up their game. Bringing Mike Tyson in as a guest host isn't going to do it. I didn't like the way that Vince treated Bret either at the end of the show either. They should have just shook hands and left it at that. I don't know why Bret would agree to that unless a title shot was promised to him.

Hulk Hogan should have thanked Jeff for starting TNA with his father instead of running him down.

I was surprised to see Orlando Jordan in TNA. He wasn't that good in the WWE and now he is going to apparently be feuding with the Pope.

What about Sting? I think he will be confroning Hogan soon or will he start the NwO again with Hall, Nash and Waltman? I can see Sting and Hogan wrestling against each other soon.

Will Ric Flair be managing AJ Styles?

Jeff Hardy will probably be the next X Division champion.

How long will a feud between the Nasty Boys and Team 3D last?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Originally Posted By: Vance, Crime Editor
I enjoyed TNA more than the WWE and now the WWE is going to have to step up their game. Bringing Mike Tyson in as a guest host isn't going to do it. I didn't like the way that Vince treated Bret either at the end of the show either. They should have just shook hands and left it at that. I don't know why Bret would agree to that unless a title shot was promised to him.

Hulk Hogan should have thanked Jeff for starting TNA with his father instead of running him down.

I was surprised to see Orlando Jordan in TNA. He wasn't that good in the WWE and now he is going to apparently be feuding with the Pope.

What about Sting? I think he will be confronting Hogan soon or will he start the NWO again with Hall, Nash and Waltman?
I can see Sting and Hogan wrestling against each other soon.

Will Ric Flair be managing AJ Styles?

Jeff Hardy will probably be the next X Division champion.

How long will a feud between the Nasty Boys and Team 3D last?

Vance I agree with you about Orlando Jordan....his wrestling performances are average, his mic skills suck, and he doesn't know how to be an effective heel or face. Whenever he walked that ramp, people neither cheered or booed him. When you are consistently walking down that ramp to the ring night in night out and you can't get a pop from the crowd for any reason, that's not a good thing! And he'll always make excuses that he was held back in WWE due to discrimination for him being a bisexual male.

I also agree with you about Hogan's comments to Jarrett... none of it made any sense!

I originally agree with you on how it ended on RAW with Bret Hart and Vince McMahon, but after finding out that Bret Hart signed a 4 month contract with WWE, then I can see now that they're just building up to a Bret Hart vs McMahon feud (quite possibly for a Wrestlemania 26 match) where Bret Hart will finally get his payback.

Bret Hart looks healthier that just a few years ago where he looked pale and a little feeble from his stroke. He looks like he has a bit of a pot belly though. I'm surprised McMahon didn't make fun of him for that like he has a few times with Roddy Piper.

Speaking of Piper, he still looks young for his age, so I wish he would of kept himself in a lot better shape by working out and eating right quite regularly. He could still be a major player today! I mean look at the in ring performance that Ricky Steamboat did when he recently wrestled again this past year! The people were chanting, "you still got it! you still got it!" That must of been a great feeling for Steamboat to hear those chants!

I wonder if Scott Steiner bailed out on TNA when he found out they signed Flair?
I can't help to wonder why he wasn't included in the TNA Monday night show???

I also wonder what Vince McMahon thinks of Flair joining TNA?
I bet you McMahon has reason to be more [censored] off about Flair showing up in TNA than Hogan showing up there.

The Nasty Boys vs Dudley Boys...my only question is how is Brian Knobbs even able to wrestle at all!? He's extremely overweight and has had many a knees and hip problems.

In order for HBK and Bret Hart to do what they did in the ring, they must of had to find a way to patch things up in real-life behind closed doors first. I wonder how that went and how they were able to do that???

I miss Terry Funk as Chainsaw Charlie

Last edited by forcegx7; 01/07/10 02:38 PM.
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
And where is Booker T? He dropped ou of sight too when the MEM broke up. I am also wondering why Bobby Lashley is making a heel turn? He hasn't been in TNA that long as a face.

I also think that Val Venis is going to replace Billy Gunn as he male part of the beautiful people.

However, I am very curious about Sting showing up.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Booker T is no longer employed with TNA. I'm not sure if he quit or was fired or they couldn't come to renegotiate his contract for whatever reason, but Booker T is no longer employed with TNA. Chances would be better that he would come back to TNA again before he would consider coming back to WWE, but I think it's safe to say that he's done with wrestling either for a long time or for good.

As far as Lashley turning heel...that would be good for him to develop better mic skills...turning heel is the way to do it. But it's not going to help if TNA continues to let his wife play heel on the mic for him. Bobby Lashley is put together and has solid ring abilities, but his mic skills are extremely poor.

Sting is lingering in the rafters playing the "who should I or can I trust?" and then he'll eventually come to help one side or the other...not too original if you ask me...he already did the same thing in WCW.

Now is TNA going to continue airing on Monday nights or was that a one shot deal? And does anybody have a ratings report as far as how TNA and WWE did against each other?

F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Ok I found the ratings report. It looks like WWE crushed TNA.
That doesn't mean we should count TNA out though...things like that take time.

It's just good to see competition between companies again.
If they keep it going, it will bring out better things from both TNA and WWE

WWE ranged between 3.5 and 4.0 and TNA ranged between 1.3 and 1.8 in the ratings report

Last edited by forcegx7; 01/07/10 09:55 PM.
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Thats too bad. Vince must be laughing his arse off. I was hoping for a better showing from TNA on the ratings. The giant will never be slain but hopefully you are right and will bring healthy competition back to wrestling.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Shark
Shark
I saw the TNA replay last night. What the heck is Dixie Carter thinking? How can TNA put Flair and Sting on and not give them even a second of mic time? They wasted way too much time with Scott Hall and Waltman. I bet they mess up and no-show events just like last time. I'm surprised Jeff Jarrett didn't take one look at this scenario and put his foot down saying "screw that".
Jarrett put his heart, soul, and money into creating TNA and yet Dixie and Hogan can just get all chummy and destroy everything Jarrett has built and they think the fans will support it? I don't think so for one minute! I see failure written all over this rewrite of WCW if that's what's going down. If the NWO crowd just get the big paychecks and ignore the talent the way they treated Christopher Daniels during his interview. This is a lost cause.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.