logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
Here in New Mexico the Governor wants to tax all groceries at 7-8 % depending in the county and we live in one of the poorest and lowest populated states in the country.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
I cannot imagine trying to squeeze a rock to get water, but constatly officials "borrow Peter to pay Paul", and nothing ever actually gets done.

In your state, wpuld it actually yield much anyway? Probably not. It makes him look like he may be addressing a problem, but he is not. Or that his hands are tied-less Fed. $ than ever.
Our country is a mess! Yor thoughts?

Mary Caliendo

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
P
P
I agree, the government has gotten way too big and they pay themselves far better than the average income of the citizens they represent, which I feel is quite unfair to us taxpayers. I don't think they should get raises unless the public ok's it, and I think the gifts and travel expenses should be thoroughly scrutinized by independent and changing firms and the results should be made public every year. That way the public can decide if the politician made good use of the funds they spent and if not they can be unseated and give the next person a chance. I think if they knew up front that all of their spending and gifts and contributions received would be made public every time they would be much more concerned about their activities. People need to start running the government instead of the government telling the people what they will be taking next.....only problem is many politicians are elected by the vast numbers of poor who pay little or no taxes, their votes are purchased with empty promises of monies that will come from the middle class over taxed if they materialize at all, the government won't increase taxes on the rich even if their campaign promises are that they will, the wealthy will just take their businesses to other countries and that hurts the national gross domestic product which devalues the dollar and reduces income from business taxes and so the politicians learn quickly that big business butters the bread of the country on a global scale, so the middle class is left to shoulder the burden once again.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Although I do not advocate the Tea Party Express, one can see how the following can happen!

I truly do not know what the answer is-I think that the gov, & office holders need heed what they preach-perhaps the start of the unraveling could happen!

Probably not in my life-time!

Mary Caliendo

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
We see the "tea party" rambling along-
Even boasting high-paid keynote speaker Palin
(reading from penned-notes on her palm- no less)!

Mary Caliendo

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
The Chicago Tribune just did a full page story on the tea party express. The writer did not do this to have you join in on the tea party express, or involve himself. He felt that these tea parties have changed the climate of the tea party as we did know it!

He is afraid poor little girls or womans's clubs will now have to call their tea by another name fearing that raging tax haters and riotous nut cases will picket the crumpets thinking that this was yet another stop on the express curcuit!

Too bad that these sometime extremists are being confused with the innocent tea, but I say we hold out a tea is a tea and anything else by that name is just a fad! (I hope!)
Mary Caliendo
Tea

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
What are your thoughts to the previous post do you think the tax/health care protesters will change the way we think about tea?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Express

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Did anyone catch the aarticle on how the tea party express is changing what the definition of tea party means?
Mary Caliendo

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
has anyone attended a tea party and I mean the ones previously mentioned that do not serve crumpets!

Do you feel that it won't help your cause, and you should just come home and make tea for real?

Thoughts?
Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Do you think Palin drinks tea w/her tea party people??

Is it good she has come to the defense of the IL HS girls basketball team that has banned it's team to attend the Arizona event?

Maybe all the tea partiers could find a solid ground in which to stand and really have a cup of tension tamer from celestial seasonings!!

Smile smile

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  mary-tea1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.