Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#565646 11/19/09 07:00 AM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
I go through all my skin care, body care, and cosmetics twice a year. I just finished this a few days ago. I had to toss a few things, which gives me an excuse to try some new things. I will be scanning the Thanksgiving weekend flyers for sales on cosmetics! I need mascara, foundation, and eyeliner pencils. And I never need an excuse to buy lipstick, so I will most likely purchase a tube or two of that also.

Thinking about seasonal cosmetic changes prompted this article: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art18331.asp

Angie Fathera
Cosmetics
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Great article, Angie. Even when we know better, many of us simply forget how long we've been using our make-up.

Stay healthy,

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Thanks!

It's something that is important to me, besides giving an excuse to shop. I hope I find time to restock my "war paint" in the next week or so.

I have a ton of stuff going on, not the least of which is an impromptu move to the other side of my apartment complex (icky cold showers here for the last 4 weeks!).

Angie Fathera
Cosmetics
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Yikes. I never thought about not storing my cosmetics in the bathroom. They are in a closed container (no worries about flushing toilets) but I did not consider the changing temperature. sick

I
I
(I am sorry to edit your content, but please keep the post on topic. Thanks.)

Angie-Cosmetics editor

Last edited by Angie-cosmetics editor; 11/24/09 10:08 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Great Article!
I have a tendency to keep my makeup far too long. Sometimes I just can't bear to part with a favorite blush or foundation even though I know I should.

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
BB, your brushes CAN be kept longer if you take meticulous care in keeping the clean and store them correctly.

I hate tossing things too, but I have an absolute horror of infections and things, so I force myself to let things go.

Angie Fathera
Cosmetics
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
If you go to a stage/theatrical makeup supplier, you can get a brush cleaner that is incredible. It is pretty much the same thing that professional hairdressers and barbers use to clean their combs and I wouldn;t be without mine. The brushes come out clean, sterilised and dry - all you have to do is to dip them in the bottle and swish them around for 30 seconds or so. Any debris falls to the bottom of the bottle and I have found that mine does the job for about 6 months before I have to replace it. No idea what it is called - I get it from a professional stage makeup artist here in Brisbane.

Megan McConnell
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
The MAC makeup consultant said that the shampoo used for keeping color treated blonde hair is also good for cleaning brushes. She said it is very mild (even better than baby shampoo) and helps condition the brushes so they don't get brittle as well.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
That's a good idea. Multi-use products thrill me. If my hair was still blonde, I would definitely use the blonde shampoo, but will stick to baby shampoo while I am a brunette!

I have recently started to swipe the brushes over an anti-bacterial wipe after each use, just to keep them even cleaner.

I can't verify any scientific validity to this, but it's my personal feeling that my brushes are cleaner for each use by doing this.

Angie Fathera
Cosmetics
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.