My favorite charities are local ones. Like the saying, Charity begins at home, I like to give to my community.

I give weekly to the local food pantry. I volunteer at two and was amazed how many hungry children there are. My 10 dollars a week buys butter.

I also Freecycle because there are so many people that need my junk more then I do. I even free cycle my used clothes because Goodwill has gotten so expensive.

I also give to Catholic Charities because they spend more helping the poor in Maine then the State does. 95 percent goes directly to people in need and not overhead. You don't need to be a Catholic to benefit either.

I bring old blankets to the animal shelter because they are in need of so many.

I love Charity and it is so easy to do if you let go of greed. I was amazed at what people on Craigs List were asking for an old couch when they could have Freecycled it and helped someone out that really needed it. Also instead of having a yard sale and sitting in the hot sun to make 50 bucks just put the stuff on Freecycle and the people come and cart it away.

Charity is something freely given from the heart with no thought of recompense or recognition. And it makes you feel good...