logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My DIL got her Masters in Business and is currently getting her Masters in Accounting from University of Phoeinx. She holds a nice position with Wells Fargo and is promised much more when her 2nd Masters is finished, so I think the answer is yes, companies do accept online degrees as well as those from land school. Especially when it's apparent the student is working full time and getting a quality education at the same time.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
Go online to any college you are interested in. University of Wisconsin is offering online courses. pretty much most colleges are going that direction because it saves money while bring in more students and thus more revenue.

Parakeet
Parakeet
http://online.fit.edu/index.php?college=14&level=undergraduate [url=http://online.fit.edu/index.php?college=14&level=undergraduate][/url]

There is an accounting degree at this school. smile

Last edited by Stephanie L Watson; 11/15/09 10:38 PM.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

E
E
I don't find any think wrong in online education. Even they are more flexible and convenient. I am pursuing my master degree through distance learning and I am very comfortable with it. The only thing you must do is search for an accredited online school. Follow this link - DistanceLearningU.com Hope it helps you out in finding best accounting school.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Dec. 20 I'll have my associates from University of Phoenix. U of P is accredited and the credits will transfer. That was important to me incase I decide to go to my local community college in the future.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
T
T
There are many Online Colleges but you must go for Accredited Online Universities for your online degree. It benefits you more in your career.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 03/08/10 08:50 PM.
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I have earned my Associate's Degree thanks to Distance Education and have been researching online colleges that offer English degrees. Not easy to come by. It looks like I'm going to continue with the University of Maryland University College. I spoke to a representative today and they have what I need. One thing he told me today is that colleges like the University of Phoenix are "businesses" and are not interested in the student but rather are in it for the money. (The gentlemen I spoke to was very informative.)
I just recently came across a website that gives information on any college you're looking for and if I can find it again I will let you know. It was a great resource and I believe it was from the Department of Education.

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I hope I haven't insulted anyone who earned their degree the U of Phoenix.

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
Gecko
Gecko
The University of Phoenix and National University are "businesses" in the sense that they are for-profit, but to be successful, and they seem to be, they have to help students and get students jobs.

I'm not a graduate of the school, but the people I work with who got their degrees there are pretty smart and seem to have gotten value for their money.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
L
L
Can't say I'm a fan of any link that primarily lists for-profit and online-only schools. Many great schools out there are offering advanced degrees online, but they aren't paying for placement on all these dot.coms like the Phoenixes are. Try this link to get you started: www.electroniccampus.org/e-learning/ It doesn't cover the entire US, but it will get you started! Additionally, I should mention that most of the public/traditional universities that are now offering classes online cost less per credit than the for-profit folks. And you don't have to worry about accreditation issued (the word accredited doesn't guarantee anything, you need to know if they are accredited by the same boards that the research universities use, else credit transfer and reputation way not be what you think). Joel

Last edited by Live2Learn; 04/01/10 02:16 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.