Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I have a iphone that a family member gave me and i love it. It is SO easy to text. I realize now what the appeal is for texting. I can also email anyone from the phone, which is neat too, although I really prefer texting.

Anything that keeps me from having to make an actual phone call and talking in real time is awesome for me. Phone calls make me anxious. Texting is perfect, even though I never thought I would become someone who enjoys texting (it always stuck me as 'teenagey' before I actually started using it).

Anyway I now love it and want to know what other people think. Or do you prefer emailing from your phone? Tweeting from your phone? None of the above?

Texting, Emailing from Phone?
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 11/04/09 03:54 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by Jilly; 11/04/09 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
We don't have our phones enabled for text or email, it would cost a fair bit more and I already grouse about how much we are paying for a very simple cell phone service. I feel they grossly overcharge for cell phone service smile I do see the appeal of texting. If I could text for free then I would do it.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
With my previous phone, I had 20 cent charges to read or send a text msg, and it was also inconvenient and confusing to figure out how to actually write a text. So i didn't use texts and was annoyed when people would try to send me one.

It all depends on the phone keyboard and your phone plan. Phones that are made for texting are a delight to use. And newer cell plans usually offer an unlimited text option.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That's true too - my phone would have me using the numeric keypad, which I already find annoying to use. So I imagine texting would be even worse smile

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
texting with the numeric keypad is time consuming and annoying - yes. With my previous phone, the Motorola Razr, I would text as minimally as possible.

With my iphone I want to text as much as possible to save me from having to make actual phone calls. It's amazing the difference a keypad makes.

At this point any new phone I get in the future has GOT to have a good keypad for texting. It is SO nice to just send a quick msg on the go and not have to deal with the chitchat that is part of calling someone.

Gecko
Gecko
I have a prepaid cellphone so I really don't text or email anyone. I also have the world's cheapest phone so texting isn't very fun.

J
Koala
Koala
J
My husband and I refuse to text or add it to our phone plan. Too expensive. Our daughter, who is on our plan, pays for unlimited texting herself. All her friends communicate that way and it got too expensive paying per text.

We don't use our phones to email either. I've heard recently that iPhones have been hacked and bank numbers, etc stolen. That's the first thing i thought of when I saw commercials with people doing their banking on iPhones. We don't even use wireless internet to bank.

No reason to make it easy for the crooks!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I don't do any banking on my phone but do trust my online account. I can't do anything without my online accounts! But I change the passwords for them frequently, just in case.

I am still in awe on how much i love to text. So much less small talk! It's perfect for me! I am at the point that if someone i normally would call won't text with me, i get annoyed at them. Phone calls take so much more time effort. And for me, stress.

I am now seeing people selling things on craigslist offering their number for people to text them. I think that is what I am going to do when I start selling things off. I really do not like talking to strangers on the phone. It's so much effort to come across as a normal person.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Texting sounds like a perfect match for you Jilly, I'm so glad you found that!

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I put my daughter on my plan and signed up for unlimited text. She averages about 10,000 texts per month - and that is probably an understatement. I send about 200 texts per month - 99% of them to her. We added unlimited Internet to her phone when she ran the bill up to over $1000 one month being on the Internet on her phone. They waived most of that, which she had to pay, under the condition that we purchase the unlimited internet. Needless to say $15.99 per month for cell phone internet is cheaper than by the minute - though I can't understand the purpose of having Internet on your phone when your sitting in front of a computer anyway. Teenagers!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.